+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: [SL] Cleric Multi-Role Gear Calculator (BiS)

Lightbulb [SL] Cleric Multi-Role Gear Calculator (BiS)

TL;DR What's all this wall-of-text nonsense? Show me the BiS lists!

DPS (Inquisitor) Cleric BETA 0.6.3
    DPS (Shaman) Cleric BETA 0.6.3
    HEAL Cleric BETA 0.6.3
    TANK Cleric BETA 0.6.3

The above sheets are always built with the most current gearlist data - currently version 2.2.0

Introduction

I've been working on another multi-role gear selector for Storm legion. The introduction of Crit Power has made calculators based on static weights less attractive than in 1.0 so I've opted for a fully dynamic solution this time around. Crit Power weights can move quite dramatically with raid buffs, and also to a lesser extent by other stats present on your gear. Ideally you want to recalculate stat weights with every new item of gear you obtain, as well as every buff you will receive in a raid. It is also important to factor in any build talents that effect these stats, such as percentage boosts to wisdom, spellpower or crit chance. This can be quite complex, but if you set everything up correctly the calculator should exactly mirror your ingame character sheet, right down to the last Hit Point. The resulting stat weights can then be used to rank potential upgrades and sort them into a list.

This dynamic multi-role calculator runs in Google's cloud and you will require a Google Drive account to setup your own unique copy. The solution makes extensive use of Google Apps Script (GAS) to present a User Interface (UI) allowing you to more easily manage all your builds, gear and buffs, as well as quickly sort gearlists by one of three profiles - DPS, HEAL or TANK. Because of this the spreadsheet is not designed to be downloaded and run under Excel or Open Office; the sheet itself should calculate, but you'll need to build your own sorting functions and enter data manually. If you are unable to setup a Google Drive account I have published three static snapshots you can view in a web browser. These will suit the more casual player, or those just looking for a quick reference. The more committed raider will want to take the time to setup their own version, tailored to their builds and gear of choice.

Functional Overview

There are two basic components to the solution - the Calculator and the Gearlists. You write data to the Calculator, and read data from the Gearlists. The Calculator stores all your builds as well as three different gear sets - one for each of three profiles; HEAL, DPS and TANK. You can have as many builds as you like, but a profile can only be linked to one build at a time. The build sheets contain the stat weight calculators, and the profile sheets contain all your gear. You can sort and highlight Gearlists from the custom menu functions.

The menu also launches the configuration UI. You can use the UI to add gear and runes to all your equipment slots, as well as load essences and runes to up to ten planar foci. These foci can then be equipped in any profile just like any other item of gear. The UI can also automatically augment a crafted item for you; when you select a crafted item you will be prompted to select an augment and the augment will be added to the item stats. If an item you want to equip is not in the gearlist, you can select a Custom Item and manually enter the details.

Future versions of the UI will allow you to configure all your buffs as well as help you setup and manage your builds. The UI can also be used to update the gearlists independently. This mean you don't have to muck around setting up a new version of the calculator every time I add some new drops to the gearlists. You'll see two version numbers on the Update tab, one for the calculator and the other for the gearlists. You can safely synchronise the gearlists at anytime since none of your data is stored on those sheets. The calculator will need to be updated manually, however you can import all your gear data from your old version when done.

Raid buffs, PA stats and Conquest perks are all stored on a CONFIG sheet alongside some other static inputs. You can enter data directly in the yellow boxes and the majority of buffs are simply toggled on or off via a yes/no drop down selector. You can also quickly disable entire raid buff sections making it quick and easy to examine your stats and weights when self buffed or with no buffs at all.

Occasionally, due to a Google bug, the custom menu won't appear when you open the spreadsheet. It can also disappear if you refresh the webpage in your browser. You can click the image in the CONFIG page at any time to get it back.

Caveats and Notes

Whilst I've made efforts to follow Google Best Practices the solution still runs on Google Servers, there is very little running on the client side. This means there can be a noticeable delay whilst stuff is sent to the Google servers, processed, and then returned to your browser. On top of that all of the usual things that slow your network traffic can clog up the communications to Google as well. Occasionally you'll need to exercise some patience and let things take their time to complete. Future version will have better visual indicators that something is happening in the background, so you don't start button mashing like a scrub.

This is a BETA version and is still very much a work-in-progress. Most of the ongoing development is in the UI which is designed to be as procedural as possible. This should eliminate the need for documentation and hopefully make things self explanatory for all users regardless of language. You'll notice the UI tabs have a clear workflow and use color coding to help guide you to the next configuration choice. There is currently no error handling and the design approach should also minimise future error handling requirements. There are some extra validators around functions that write something, but that's about it. Stay on the beaten path and you should be fine, if something really weird happens and you can recreate it, please let me know.

Documentation is a little light at the moment and I will build it up over time. Advanced activities such as configuring a custom build and determining coefficients will be covered at some future time. If you're comfortable with the sheets and have a grasp of these things then yellow boxes are always safe, blue can be manipulated if you know what you're doing, white boxes generally aren't safe, and editing green boxes will cause your monitor to burst into flames.

Getting Started
    1. Login to Google Drive with a google account
    2. Open the current calculator link below
    3. Select "Make a Copy..." from the File menu
    4. Rename your copy to whatever you like
    5. Click the image on the CONFIG sheet
    6. Select "Configure..." from the Cleric BiS menu
    7. Start entering your gear...
    8. Use the "Sort" menu functions to reorder the gearlists when you are done

Current Version
    Cleric BETA 0.6.3

Tips and Tricks

Sorting Gearlists
    Gearlists are sorted from the Cleric BiS menu. You can quickly sort just the sheet you are on, or take a bit longer and sort all gearlists at once. Gearlists can only be sorted and marked for one profile at a time. Sheets are marked by comparing your currently equipped item EP with the sorted EP values in the following manner;
    • All EP matches are marked with a yellow background
    • The first Wisdom High item that is an upgrade is marked in green
    • If no upgrades are found the top list entry will be marked orange

Custom Sorting Gearlists
    If you want to sort gearlists by your own criteria you can use the inbuilt spreadsheet sorting functions. If you hover over the column letter you wish to sort a dropdown indicator will appear, click the indicator and then select the sorting option you want. For example to sort by Endurance I would hover over "O" and then select "Sort sheet Z-A". You can restore normal EP sorting from the Cleric BiS menu when you are done.

You can use the inbuilt Data sort functions to sort sheets according to more complex criteria, just remember to check "Data has header row". You can always "Undo" any unintended change.

Filtering Gearlists
    The gearlists contain a lot of items you may not be interested in, for example all lists contain cloth as well as chain; this is an artifact of previous list incarnations and a reminder of the old days when equipping some cloth was almost required - that being said there are still some attractive cloth pieces. All lists can be quickly filtered by the "Type" column, just uncheck the types you don't want to display in the drop down box. Filtered out items will not be sorted so you will need to re-sort the sheet if you display them again.

This feature is especially handy on the Essences sheet. You can quickly display a sorted list of just Air or Death lessers which is very handy when building a resist focus.

Augmented Items
    Most augmented items have been deliberately excluded from the gearlists since there are just too many variants to manage. Significant or BiS items are included in the gearlist data. The UI will manage augmenting other crafted items automatically for you so you don't have to manually enter them. All augments are included and sort to the bottom of the sheet. You can check which augment is best for the profile and see the relative differences between them. You can also mentally sum the augment EP and the item EP to establish where an augmented item will appear on the gearlist.

Comparing Custom Items
    Each Profile sheet has a scratch area underneath the Gear Total row. You can use this area to compare items, or to generate an EP value for a missing item in the gearlists. You can copy and paste items from various gearlsist into this area, edit them, or enter your own.

This is a handy space to store notes, wishlists or upgrade paths for each profile.

Improving Performance
    Google Drive can sometimes effect the performance of Rift, or sometimes operate quite slowly; particulalry when loading a sheet for the first time. This can be problematic if you are trying to quickly check an item during a raid. There are a couple of things you can do to speed up the response time. the first is to preload all the sheets prior to your raid so they are cached for faster access.

Alternatively, if you don't need a fully interactive version open during raid, you can publish a read only HTML version that doesn't require you to be logged in to access and will have much faster rendering times. Simply select Publish to the Web from the File menu, accept the defaults and hit Start Publishing. Bookmark the resultant link for fast access. You can also share that link with others if you like.
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 03-01-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Question How To...

How do I update my Calculator?

Technically you don't update the calculator, you need to make a new copy and import your data from the old version. Fortunately you do not have to re-enter all your gear and foci again since these can be imported from the old sheet. However there are currently no tools to import your buffs and perks or any custom builds and these will need to be manually recreated for now.
    1. Login to your Google Drive
    2. Open the current calculator link from the Getting Started section
    3. Select "Make a Copy..." from the File menu
    4. Rename your copy to whatever you like
    5. Click the image on the CONFIG sheet
    6. Select "Configure..." from the Cleric BiS menu
    7. Go to the Update tab and paste in the URL of your old spreadsheet
    8. Import your gear
    9. Re-equip your foci for each profile
    If you have any other data stored in the scratch area of each profile sheet you can manually copy and paste that between the sheets. If you have made other customisations to the builds or linked profiles to non-default builds then you will need to recreate these at this time.
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 01-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Reserved /66char

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

I look forward to testing out your healing and dps calculations with my own to see if they align

Thanks so much for putting all the work you have into this sheet for people like me who aren't as amazing at the number crunching.

One possible addition that should be made: the stellar augmented crafted items separately, since in some situations, like helm and belt, they may edge out over raid pieces. I read why you didn't include all of them and that makes sense, but the stellar enlightened and stellar fanatical are the best choices (which is why I have them added in my own sheet)
    Last edited by Eosmeep; 01-15-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Thank you so much for taking what must have been an epic amount of time and effort and producing this list.

Plane Touched

I'm completely new to gearing and its nuances, so forgive me if my question is completely dumb.

I just hit 60 and since I'm in almost full questing gear, I had to input each item manually. SO when I click on the "DPS" tab, my gear equips show up. I saw that the stat weights changed on the initial page...but is anything else supposed to change now that I put my own gear in? Like do the rankings on the gearlists change or anything?

Thank you for the amount of work you put into this.

Recovering Rogue, gone Cleric (to summate, a masochist)

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    I'm completely new to gearing and its nuances, so forgive me if my question is completely dumb.

I just hit 60 and since I'm in almost full questing gear, I had to input each item manually. SO when I click on the "DPS" tab, my gear equips show up. I saw that the stat weights changed on the initial page...but is anything else supposed to change now that I put my own gear in? Like do the rankings on the gearlists change or anything?
    Once you have entered your gear and can see it in the profile tab you can then "sort" the sheets into the profiles you want to look at. Under the "Cleric BiS" menu you will see a number of sorting function that will either sort all the sheets, or just the currently active sheet. This will then reorder the gearlists according to your current stat weights as well as highlighting your gear or potential upgrades.

Rift Master

Exciting stuff Bowler Hat Do I have your permission to use the derived weights currently on the sheet on Rift-Hero.com? Would you also like a link giving credit at the top of the cleric gear page and where would you like it to link to?

Cheers again, and impressive work!
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Exciting stuff Bowler Hat Do I have your permission to use the derived weights currently on the sheet on Rift-Hero.com? Would you also like a link giving credit at the top of the cleric gear page and where would you like it to link to?

Cheers again, and impressive work!
    As discussed that is no problem You can link back to first post in this thread if you like. I've sent you a message asking about where you want to set the baseline for gear and buffs so we can continue that discussion in PM's if you like.

Soulwalker

When entering your Crit Chance/Crit Modifier stats do you enter something like 12% as 12.00 or as .1200?

When I put my crit pwr at 7.1 I get a value of zero and at .071 I get like a 3.00 value so I don't know which number to trust, do I really need crit power that much more?

And I'm assuming you don't have to enter how much spell power you have since spells always scale a 1:1 with it?
    Last edited by Desiel; 01-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desiel View Post
    When entering your Crit Chance/Crit Modifier stats do you enter something like 12% as 12.00 or as .1200?

When I put my crit pwr at 7.1 I get a value of zero and at .071 I get like a 3.00 value so I don't know which number to trust, do I really need crit power that much more?

And I'm assuming you don't have to enter how much spell power you have since spells always scale a 1:1 with it?
    You should only enter data in yellow boxes, however there is no need for you to be doing that at this time - just fire up the UI, add your gear and then "sort" the sheets from trhe menu.

Percentage modifiers are entered exactly as you see them on the current build pages; in whole numbers so 10% means you enter "10".

There is nowhere to input Crit Power at all other than on gear or via buffs so I think you are doing something very, very wrong. Just add in your gear and let the sheets do the rest. You shouldn't be touching the build sheets unless you know what you're doing... and clearly you don't

Stay on the beaten path!

If you've broken your copy download a new one.. Remember this is BETA and not fully documented.

Soulwalker

Oh crap yeah I think you got me there, I was thinking we entered our stats as they were on the config page that we had and then got stat weights and stuff from that I'm completely new to spreadsheets so I got totally lost when you were talking about the "Cleric BiS menu"

Thanks I get it now! Restart time!

Quote Originally Posted by Eosmeep View Post
    One possible addition that should be made: the stellar augmented crafted items separately, since in some situations, like helm and belt, they may edge out over raid pieces. I read why you didn't include all of them and that makes sense, but the stellar enlightened and stellar fanatical are the best choices (which is why I have them added in my own sheet)
    I have been considering that however since this is a multi-role gearlist I would need to add three augmented items to each list, one for each role. If I was only adding these for the top craftable item that may be acceptable. I agree it will help with visibility. Perhaps if it was just the obvious choices such as helm, belt and rings that wouldn't clutter things up too much.

dunno if i missed this on the initial reading of your post but any plans for defiler to be included?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast