+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tanking Macros - 2 button.....Rotation

Plane Touched

Default Tanking Macros - 2 button.....Rotation

Assuming 61 just 6 shaman 6 inquis 3 spare either Massive blow or Sanction heretic
    -Somebody mentioned there where none and I had a cleric tank all of tower of the shatter with only Even Justice!

I choose 2 more Inquis because sanction gives a Conviction, and keeps the boss dotted for Aggro resets

single target macro, mash

#show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Strike of Retribution
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Reckoning
    cast vex

then
    Hammer of Duty at 7 combos/convictions

Censure every 15s to reduce mob hit chance by 5% if your getting *****
    replace cast Sanction heretic with cast Massive blow if you took 8 shaman.

Aoe

#show Even justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Even Justice

Hammer of Faith at 7 combos/convictions

for explanations
    cast Strike of Retribution - Off global counterattack you can put this anywhere
    cast Precept of Refuge - gives 5% block for 8 seconds and hits hard in melee
    cast Doctrine of Authority - hits very very hard in melee, healing is so nerfed its not worth saving for its heal so its here.
    cast Bolt of Radiance - long range heavy hitter
    cast Sanction Heretic - ranged nuke and dot
    cast Reckoning - ranged attack does more damage than strike of judgment
    cast vex - if your not facing the target this will cast

Additional buttons you want on your bars
    Utility;
    Ride the lightning - Removes all CC and charges the target
    Break free - Ascended power, removes all stuns/cc
    Purpose - turns on/off, gives mana back on melee attacks
    Interdict - Interrupts your target and mobs around you(target the mob you MUST interrupt)
    Total Assurance - increases the damage of your next Doctrine of Authority/Hammer of Faith/Duty + 7 combos/convictions for strong ranged pickups.
    Censure - Reduces mob hit chance by 5%, worth noting that it hits 10 targets making it proc 10x salvation.
    Righteous mandate - causes salvation to heal your target for 1 hour, also lets you use Reprieve on them, put on other tanks, healers or melee.

Taunts (0 threat on a mob your tanking don't pull with them)
    Provoke - single target taunt
    Righteous Imperative - 10 target aoe taunt
    Rebuke - pulls 5 mobs around the target towards you and taunts them

Cooldowns - clerics don't really get any good ones
    Resplendent Embrace - 20% hp and 50% healing bonus
    Just Defense - Absorbs damage equal to 50% of the Cleric's Maximum Health. but it only lasts 10s, its a short 60 second cool down so use this often
    Doctrine of Glory - use with 7 convictions to give you 4 seconds of 20% damage reduction (pretty rubbish)
    Sovereignty - rubbish 2 second stun, but its 2 seconds the mobs not hitting you
    Reprieve - Fully heals you and and heals your mandate for 50% of your hp

Finally you may want Doctrine of loyalty on your bars for picking up adds at over 40m away like the bird adds on Geldra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Plane Walker

Unless it was changed again, Sanction doesn't give a conviction.

And there is never any reason to use Massive Blow. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantaliamon View Post
    -Somebody mentioned there where none and I had a cleric tank all of tower of the shatter with only Even Justice!
    If you're talking about the thread where primal said there was no cleric tank guide, thats wrong, there is a guide being updated by Bombasy(sp?) based on radaks guide on the front page

single target macro, mash

#show Precept of Refuge
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Doctrine of Authority
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Reckoning
    cast vex

then
    Hammer of Duty at 7 combos/convictions
    no strike of judgment? you won't be able to get mana back reliably if you get drained and you don't get vengeance damage. reckoning is not a substitute

Aoe

#show Even justice
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precept of Refuge
    cast Even Justice

Hammer of Faith at 7 combos/convictions
    precept of refuge is a bad idea in the aoe macro. you'll end up casting it when you need even justice the most (at the start of a pull) and mobs will get loose.

Cooldowns - clerics don't really get any good ones
    Resplendent Embrace - 20% hp and 50% healing bonus
    Just Defense - Absorbs damage equal to 50% of the Cleric's Maximum Health. but it only lasts 10s, its a short 60 second cool down so use this often
    Doctrine of Glory - use with 7 convictions to give you 4 seconds of 20% damage reduction (pretty rubbish)
    Sovereignty - rubbish 2 second stun, but its 2 seconds the mobs not hitting you
    Reprieve - Fully heals you and and heals your mandate for 50% of your hp
    This makes me wonder if you even tank O.o! cleric cooldowns are quite strong, not on the level of rogue but still pretty much as good as we can get without being OP

precept of refuge is a bad idea in the aoe macro. you'll end up casting it when you need even justice the most (at the start of a pull) and mobs will get loose.
    I have it in my EJ macro but it is not something I would put in a guide unless heavily qualified for this reason. I'm careful not to use it with a target directly in front of me unless I have threat established already. (Usually I am using Censure to gather up mobs to begin with anyway)

This makes me wonder if you even tank O.o! cleric cooldowns are quite strong, not on the level of rogue but still pretty much as good as we can get without being OP
    Yeah not sure how a 25k+ shield every minute, and a full heal for you and one other person every minute are not good cooldowns

I just... no SoJ... non Justicar abilities... I mean even the positioning of reactives is wrong.

I give up.
    Last edited by bombasy; 01-13-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Plane Touched

eeesh there is 1 non justicar ability (that I said is Optional, only there for a dot on aggro reset fights)

for me in my gear, Reckoning does a clear 300-400 more damage than Strike of judgment
    so Even with Vengance doing 180 additional damage its a DPS loss and so a TPS loss over strike of judgment

As for mana after a "mana drain" (since other times I never run out) I can click Strike of judgment 5 times as a stand alone button, no point gimping my macro just for the very rare times I need a little mana back.

I put block in the aoe macro since 5% block is pretty nice, you can cleave the first mobs you come to by using the macro before they get into melee range, I have never really found any issues and this means I take a little less damage.

as for cooldowns.... we have no realistic reduction cooldowns that work during heavy hitters only healing

Eg.
    If your tanking a boss thats hitting you for 18000 every 1.5 seconds and a dot is ticking for 8000
    You know a big 55000 hit is incoming. in the next 3 seconds

your only real cooldown options are to pop your 2 min 20% health bonus and hope you get healed in time. (or the new 20% reduction)

or try and time your 25k shield perfectly, because if you mess up and pop it 1 second too early its gone in 1 boss attack and a dot tick.
    or I guess you can just Take the hit, drop to 500 hp and frantically pop your full heal and hope you make it before the next melee hit.

Compared to alot of the other tanks cooldowns, warriors 35% reduction for 10 seconds, a shield for 75%, rogues pretty much going immortal for half an hour.

I know we now have a 20% reduction for 4 seconds, but seems like alot of our cooldowns are mainly aimed at 5 man fights, a 25k shield is kinda meaningless when you have a puri giving you a 12k shield that will update itself to a 24k shield when killed.
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-13-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Plane Touched

on a raid boss target dummy

Reckoning - 2790
    Strike of judgment - 2430 + 135 vengance = 2560
    (for some reason this gets worse in raids, I think Reckoning must scale better or get benefits from ranged debuffs)

Sanction heretic gives 2 convictions deals 1392 + 11x133 = 2855 (also worth noting that a 10% crit pushes this average to 144)
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-13-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Sanction heretic gives 2 convictions deals 1392 + 11x133 = 2855 (also worth noting that a 10% crit pushes this average to 144)
    SH does not benefit from increased Justicar threat or healing (so, more threat), it's really not worth using anymore since it only generates one conviction.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-13-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    SH does not benefit from increased Justicar threat
    how is that possible? MoL increases all our damage and healing threat, unless you mean that because SH gets the 40% damage reduction it is low threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    how is that possible? MoL increases all our damage and healing threat, unless you mean that because SH gets the 40% damage reduction it is low threat?
    Justicar abilities have an innate bonus to threat generation like riftstalker

Telaran

I am learning to use Justicar tanking and tbh, would like to see the legacy guides of Radak by bombasy include some macros for ST and AOE like above
    also what is the basic build? bombasy's guide mentions purge but you can only get purge by getting only 3 in shaman.
    can soemone just post "correct" rotations/macros if opinions differ? redcrux?

no strike of judgment? you won't be able to get mana back reliably if you get drained and you don't get vengeance damage. reckoning is not a substitute
    Reckoning does more damage than SoJ + vengeance, so once you get it, there's no reason to ever to back to SoJ, except indeed for mana issues. When that happens, I just usually use my AoE macro since I'm lazy, but you could also have SoJ on a button appart if you really need the extra damage to hold threat (which shouldn't happen really whenever you need mana, if it's the case I feel sorry).

Pull with hammer of Faith buffed by Total Assurance, get Censure on mobs, and you can use precept of refuge without losing aggro.
    Last edited by fufi; 01-14-2013 at 03:44 AM.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by Dawntreader View Post
    I am learning to use Justicar tanking and tbh, would like to see the legacy guides of Radak by bombasy include some macros for ST and AOE like above
    also what is the basic build? bombasy's guide mentions purge but you can only get purge by getting only 3 in shaman.
    can soemone just post "correct" rotations/macros if opinions differ? redcrux?
    Ideally you would not use any macros except one with Bolt of Radiance -> Strike of Judgment -> Reckoning -> Vex -> Strike of Retribution (strike of judgment is optional). Everything else should be used conditionally.

Personally I add Precept of Refuge before SoJ because otherwise I will forget to refresh it, and I also have a PoR->Even Justice->Strike of Retribution macro (do not put PoR in this macro unless you understand how to use it) and a Censure->Strike of Retribution macro, just so I get some free DPS while AoEing.

Doctrine of Authority can be put in the ST macro but it is significant damage and healing so it should be used manually.

Hammer of Duty, Hammer of Faith, and every other ability must be used separately.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-14-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Justicar abilities have an innate bonus to threat generation like riftstalker
    innate threat bonus separate from MoL? Because if you're talking about the 350% modifier on MoL then that applies to all damage and healing we do, you can hold threat with a stupid build like 16justicar/60 warden just by spamming the warden heals or shaman damaging abilties, why not SH? (note: i'm not advocating the use of SH, its low damage and 1 conviction make it useless)

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Reckoning does more damage than SoJ + vengeance, so once you get it, there's no reason to ever to back to SoJ, except indeed for mana issues. When that happens, I just usually use my AoE macro since I'm lazy, but you could also have SoJ on a button appart if you really need the extra damage to hold threat (which shouldn't happen really whenever you need mana, if it's the case I feel sorry).
    I guess I'm just old school then, and I already have my bars full of other abilities so I don't really have room for SoJ on a separate key anyways. The damage difference seems minimal but I'll do some more testing about how they scale in raids, maybe it does become worth it to swap away from SoJ and just use EJ for mana.

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Pull with hammer of Faith buffed by Total Assurance, get Censure on mobs, and you can use precept of refuge without losing aggro.
    I know its possible to hold aggro with it in the macro but its not really something I'd advocate to new players by default. Its just as easy to hit your ST macro once when needed or have it on a separate button, just to prevent any slipups.

innate threat bonus separate from MoL?
    Yes

/10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast