+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: WIP: SL Cleric Tanking Guide: Radak's Bequest

Default WIP: SL Cleric Tanking Guide: Radak's Bequest

Thanks someone for making a guide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Cleric Tanking in Storm Legion (2.2) for anyone that's interested.
    Last edited by bombasy; 04-16-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: updated %s and stat values
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Thanks so much for redoing this guide. I was trying to follow the last one, but so much of it was out of date.

Keep up the good work!

Its nice to see an update, so many things have changed since it was originally written.

made me smile when I saw the refrences to strength and remembered all the heated arguments of wis vs str from back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by bombasy View Post
    Cooldowns
    Lets take a look at the defensive cd's and when to use them[LIST][*]Total Assurance: If you're at less than 5 convictions when you need to hit DoG, hit this.
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but do you think it is worth noting the secondary effect of Total Assurance? +50% damage and healing for 30 seconds until you use a conviction?

This to me is a pretty HUGE bonus! With a Cooldown of 60 seconds on Total Assurance, and a duration of 30 seconds, thats 50% upkeep, giving you an overall averag of a 25% increase on all damage and healing. Granted the 20% reduction in damage recieved for 4 seconds granted from DoG is very helpful in some situations .. but in most runs would it not be valuable to use Total Assurance on cooldown to maximize your damage, healing, and threat?

I am new to the game and have not used this ability yet, so please feel free to correct me.

If you scroll up a little bit youll notice that its outdated, and he is working on updating each section.
    I am pretty sure when its updated it will show what it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Luknar View Post
    If you scroll up a little bit youll notice that its outdated, and he is working on updating each section.
    I am pretty sure when its updated it will show what it does now.
    Ah okay my bad.I knew he was redoing it, but thought that section was complete. Like I said I am new, did not know that ability had changed.

Another minor question I have that I can not find in this guide (maybe its common knowledge and does not need to be spelled out ... but) Is the group healing from the talent "Reparation" smart? In other words in a 5 man group, can I put 4 points into Reparation, and put the buff Righteous Mandate on one group memeber to always heal all 5 groups members?

Granted I know you want 5 points into that talent, but for leveling purposes can I get away with 4 points plus Righteous Mandate to ensure that my Salvation heal hits all 5 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Dademore View Post
    Another minor question I have that I can not find in this guide (maybe its common knowledge and does not need to be spelled out ... but) Is the group healing from the talent "Reparation" smart? In other words in a 5 man group, can I put 4 points into Reparation, and put the buff Righteous Mandate on one group memeber to always heal all 5 groups members?

Granted I know you want 5 points into that talent, but for leveling purposes can I get away with 4 points plus Righteous Mandate to ensure that my Salvation heal hits all 5 people?
    It is smart, but if one person has a pet then that pet could take one of the heals, I would go with 5 regardless if you want that (though as the tank, your healing shouldn't matter that much)
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-09-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It is smart, but if one person has a pet then that pet could take one of the heals, I would go with 5 regardless if you want that (though as the tank, your healing shouldn't matter that much)
    Honstly it was more for the threat than the healing amount. Good information about the pets though, so even in a 5 man I could get 6 targets with Salvation!

Thanks for the reply!

SL T1 Raids and Raid Rifts: (ToDQ, FT)
    Toughness: 400
    Focus and Hit: 420

SL T2 Raids: (EE) (UNVERIFIED INFORMATION)
    Toughness: 500
    Focus and Hit: 520
    Endless Eclipse is the same tier as Frozen Tempest. Only requires 400 toughness and ~420 hit.

Focus is no longer a stat in the game. It's only hit now.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but do you think it is worth noting the secondary effect of Total Assurance? +50% damage and healing for 30 seconds until you use a conviction?

This to me is a pretty HUGE bonus! With a Cooldown of 60 seconds on Total Assurance, and a duration of 30 seconds, thats 50% upkeep, giving you an overall averag of a 25% increase on all damage and healing. Granted the 20% reduction in damage recieved for 4 seconds granted from DoG is very helpful in some situations .. but in most runs would it not be valuable to use Total Assurance on cooldown to maximize your damage, healing, and threat?
    The blurb about Total Assurance in that part is entirely correct in the context it's written in, as a defensive cooldown you'd use TA strictly to max a DoG when a big hit is incoming.

Keep in mind TA only affects conviction consuming abilities it adds roughly 10k threat to each DoL and an unknown amount to the hammers (depends on the hammer's innate threat modifiers).
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

The blurb about Total Assurance in that part is entirely correct in the context it's written in, as a defensive cooldown you'd use TA strictly to max a DoG when a big hit is incoming.

Keep in mind TA only affects conviction consuming abilities it adds roughly 10k threat to each DoL and an unknown amount to the hammers (depends on the hammer's innate threat modifiers).
    So just so I fully understand, the +50% to healing you get from TA for 30 seconds is not a reliable defensive cooldown? I fully understand the importance of the combination of TA with DoG, and can see it being extremly effective. My question is: is the +50% healing bonus you get not worthly of a defensive mention? Or is it so minor at level 60 that it is only really useful for threat?
    Last edited by Dademore; 01-10-2013 at 07:48 AM.

So just so I fully understand, the +50% to healing you get from TA for 30 seconds is not a reliable defensive cooldown? I fully understand the importance of the combination of TA with DoG, and can see it being extremly effective. My question is: is the +50% healing bonus you get not worthly of a defensive mention? Or is it so minor at level 60 that it is only really useful for threat?
    Keep in mind, the bonus healing/damage only applies to your conviction consuming abilities and there are only 7 charges to spend before the bonus goes away. so you can get 7 "big" DoL's, 7 DoB's, hammers, ect. before the bonus is gone. its not a blanket healing/damage increase for 30 seconds, it only applies when you use one or more of the 7 charges (convictions).

that being said, I have been known to use it as a survival tactic when my healer dies. I pop TA, Resplendant embrace (+50% healing recieved) then I Use 7 DoB's that heal me for ~3k a pop to help me stay alive until the healer is rez'd or the boss dies. but like I said, its not defensive, it just boosts the amount you heal/damage you deal with your next 7 convictions only.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-10-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Keep in mind, the bonus healing/damage only applies to your conviction consuming abilities and there are only 7 charges to spend before the bonus goes away. so you can get 7 "big" DoL's, 7 DoB's, hammers, ect. before the bonus is gone. its not a blanket healing/damage increase for 30 seconds, it only applies when you use one or more of the 7 charges (convictions).

that being said, I have been known to use it as a survival tactic when my healer dies. I pop TA, Resplendant embrace (+50% healing recieved) then I Use 7 DoB's that heal me for ~3k a pop to help me stay alive until the healer is rez'd or the boss dies. but like I said, its not defensive, it just boosts the amount you heal/damage you deal with your next 7 convictions only.
    Ahh okay, I guess the tooltip I read was a bit misleading, I was under the impression that it increased all healng for the 30 second duration, as long as you did not spend all 7 convictions.

You did say, "its not defensive, it just boosts the amount you heal/damage you deal with your next 7 convictions", but doesent this increase your EHP? Which is a staple example of a "defensive cooldown"?

Reguardless, its a nice skill with a lot of uses, I guess I can understand why this is not mentioned in the section it is located in this guide. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Dademore; 01-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Did a few updates so that the % numbers are more accurate, please review them to make sure I didn't fat finger any of them.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast