+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: [2.1] (Expert Heal) Instant Healer

Default [2.1] (Expert Heal) Instant Healer

Warden 41 / Sentinel 20 / Purifier 15
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...aH2GEGh8w/m8yY

General:
    This is a healing spec for experts -haven't tested in 10man/20man yet-. It's a very fluid spec. It's designed to be played well even while you move so all your healing casts are instant casts.

Buffs:
    Hourly/permanent Buffs (must be kept up all time):
    • Wisdom of the Ages: cast it first always.
    • Heroic Resolve: more HP for all.
    • Healer's Blessing: overpowered with this spec.
    • Sign of Wrath: some dps while healing.
    • Shared Excess: always cast on Tank.

Combat Buffs (super-heal at each 45secs):
    • Tidal Surge
    • Touch of the Light
    • Flashover

Survivability (and utilities):
    • Healer's Covenant: use it only when Tank is taking more damage than required and above Combat Buffs are on CD.
    Heals:
    The healing skills you will use in this build are:

Single Target:
    • Healing Spray: pre-cast second and keep it on tank all time.
    • Soothing Stream: pre-cast first and keep 4 stacks on tank all time.
    • Healing Breath: use it with the SPAM macro when HoTs can't keep TANK HP.
    • Orbs of the Stream: use it with the SPAM macro when HoTs can't keep TANK HP.
    • Healing Flare: use it with the SPAM macro when HoTs can't keep TANK HP.
    • Overflowing Renewal: best Heal skill but prefer to use it only with BOOM macro when needed.
    AOE:
    • Healing Flood: pre-cast and try to refresh it each 5secs if TANK doesn't take too much damage.
    • Pool of Restoration: use it with the AOE Macro when party/raid need big heals.
    • Healing Effusion: use it with the AOE Macro when party/raid need big heals.
    Absorb:
    • Symbol of the Torch: pre-cast and keep it as first priority on tank.

note: pre-cast is meant as in "before entering combat".

Macros:

AOE Macro:
    Code:
    #show Pool of Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Pool of Restoration
    cast Healing Effusion
    SPAM Macro:
    Code:
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Orbs of the Stream
    cast Healing Flare
    BOOM Macro:
    Code:
    #show Overflowing Renewal
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Overflowing Renewal
    AOE Cleanse Macro:
    Code:
    #show Curative Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Curative Waters
    ST Cleanse Macro:
    Code:
    #show Cleansing Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Cleansing Waters
    cast @group01 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group02 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group03 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group04 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group05 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group06 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group07 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group08 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group09 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group10 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group11 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group12 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group13 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group14 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group15 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group16 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group17 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group18 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group19 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group20 Cleansing Waters
    CR Macro:
    Code:
    #show River Of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast River Of Life
    y CR: < %t > (5m CD)
    Rotation:
    start with pre-casting Symbol of the Torch (shield) and HoTs on Tank before combat. Use SPAM macro if you think tank's HP is getting lower fast. Keep the HoTs and Shield on the tank. Use BOOM macro to super-heal the tank (and overheals go to party).

Summary:
    Best healing spec for experts and DRR at the moment. You won't have any problems with any mechanics since you will have only instant casts.
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

How does this do on heavy consistent tank damage, like on the first few trash pulls in Empyrean Core and Golem Foundry?
    I've been running 61 sent / 15 pur, which is awesome at tank healing, but things get dicey with raid damage.
    Would love to switch to something like this if it can keep up with the tank damage.

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    How does this do on heavy consistent tank damage, like on the first few trash pulls in Empyrean Core and Golem Foundry?
    I've been running 61 sent / 15 pur, which is awesome at tank healing, but things get dicey with raid damage.
    Would love to switch to something like this if it can keep up with the tank damage.
    those are very easy pulls for this spec.
    technically hots keep healing the tank while you use spam/boom macro (boom heals 30k+ in 1 GCD) accordingly. your each gcd extra heals with healing's blessing with 3k (~5k) with my stats (generally crafted & raid ready gear with).
    Last edited by Valentr; 01-07-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Looking forward to trying this in experts to solo heal, a little worried about the single target potential but this may be the go to spec after sentinel gets all its proc heals fixed. One suggestion I have is a point into merciful appeal and use the sentinel cleanse for single target, may even be worth picking up the sent aoe cleanse solely for the third boss in exodus. Looks really interesting though thanks for the work =).

Also since this is a hot heavy spec try putting the puri ward into your spam macro. Can't play for a couple days so try it and post your results if you can, thanks!
    Last edited by gpassucc; 01-07-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    Gromphe@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by gpassucc View Post
    ...One suggestion I have is a point into merciful appeal and use the sentinel cleanse for single target, may even be worth picking up the sent aoe cleanse solely for the third boss in exodus...
    Warden has the best AOE cleanse in the game currently which ticks twice in same CD with Sentinel's AOE cleanse.

Yes I know but the reduced gcd would be more for the single target cleanse, which is really nice. Honestly the warden aoe cleanse is amazing and I would pick up the sent heal solely for the third boss in exodus, wouldn't need it for any other expert fight.
    Gromphe@Deepwood

Telaran

Yes I know but the reduced gcd would be more for the single target cleanse, which is really nice. Honestly the warden aoe cleanse is amazing and I would pick up the sent heal solely for the third boss in exodus, wouldn't need it for any other expert fight.
    Why would you single target cleanse it when the warden cleanse will remove all the dots anyway....i don't understand your logic.

It cleanses 10 when you cast it, another 3 seconds later and another before it dissipates. This should cleanse all 3 stacks you get

normally tank has like 30k in expert so a soothing stream ticking for 1500 isnt going to cut it, good try though
    Last edited by Jimhalpert; 01-08-2013 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    normally tank has like 30k in expert so a soothing stream ticking for 1500 isnt going to cut it, good try though
    30k tanks? u mad bro? even chloros have 23k+ hp.
    Last edited by Valentr; 01-08-2013 at 05:29 AM.

1. A reduced gcd for single target cleansing is very nice to have, this was not related to the aoe cleanse comment, just a statement.

2. The warden cleanse removes two stacks, and IMO switching one point to have yet another aoe cleanse is great utility. Just a suggestion.

3. If your soothing stream is ticking for 1500 you probably have the same gear issues as a tank with 30k xp.
    Last edited by gpassucc; 01-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Gromphe@Deepwood

Telaran

1. A reduced gcd for single target cleansing is very nice to have, this was not related to the aoe cleanse comment, just a statement.

2. The warden cleanse removes two stacks, and IMO switching one point to have yet another aoe cleanse is great utility. Just a suggestion.

3. If your soothing stream is ticking for 1500 you probably have the same gear issues as a tank with 30k xp.
    1. Not nessecary for expert and the spec wont be optimal for raid use at any rate.

2. It cleanses 3 times, once when cast then another time at 3 seconds and another final time at 6 seconds before it vanishes. I always have time to cast my AOE cleanse 2 times before the team has to hide, with a warden cleanse i might not have to if i delay the 1st cast so it will cover all 3 ticks.

3. i have 5000 SP and at 4 stacks it doesn't tick for much more, granted the first few ticks are quite powerful but they diminish quickly over the duration. It's not very reliable unless i keep refreshing it often.

I'm leaving the game after RR-SO merge. My guides won't be updated.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    This build would work perfectly fine inside any of the expert dungeons, even for a 32-34k HP tank, i have not used it but i have played similar and its easy to see it, just don't let your HoTs down and you will be fine, then again if your tank has such low HP just pray, do think of Healing Flood as part of a tank HoT, this build has some heavy AoE heals which are not needed on an expert so if any player dies to normal fight damage and not messing up thats just on you.
    I approve of this build.
    "Who said clerics can't DPS!?" October 2011

Soulwalker

Rotation:
    start with pre-casting Symbol of the Torch (shield) and HoTs on Tank before combat. Use SPAM macro if you think tank's HP is getting lower fast. Keep the HoTs and Shield on the tank. Use BOOM macro to super-heal the tank (and overheals go to party).

Ponders how often you end up dead off a pull cause your dumb enough to pre hot the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Bortalas View Post
    Rotation:

Ponders how often you end up dead off a pull cause your dumb enough to pre hot the tank
    Gentle River - 2 point :
    Reduces the threat generated by your heal over time spells by 100%.

If you die this ability is obviously bugged.
    - Rift - PaolOh - Guardian - Cleric
    Guild: New Order - Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast