+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pure Defiler leveling - Everything Must Die.

Default Pure Defiler leveling - Everything Must Die.

Hello, just a little preface, I am not claiming to be the best cleric or saying this is the best solo spec. I have tried a lot of specs from 50+ but this one blew me away. I havent seen a guide for this, or if I did I missed it and am sorry. This is my first guide, so I am making this short and sweet with only the need to know and what I find for the best rotation. So without further ado

Spec: 61Def/15Ward/0Just

Buffs: only 2
    Feast of the Fallen
    Rage Blight
    Can use Grief Blight, but i never felt the need to. Maybe switch it on if your in a party for a Rift or something.

Macros:
    I only use 1. Its the spam macro.

#show Somatic Desecration
    cast Somatic Desecration
    cast Waterjet

Simple yet effective if your moving to get a quest objective or another enemy.

Rotation:

I usually start with Summon Beacon of Despair and use Marrow Harvest, Siphon Vitality, and Bond of pain. Then spam the macro until dead, or close to dead.
    Around 25%ish ill go pull another mob using MH, SV, and BoP, when it gets back to the Beacon, ill use Unholy Nexus to spread everything. and then Pain Transmission to kill the lower mob. Rinse and repeat. Make sure Chimera's Gift is up at all times just in case. Its a get out of jail free card.

If your beacon gets low 1 cast of Loathsome Restoration will heal pretty much its entire health. When you do damage to a mob you have a 50% chance to automatically cast Foul Growth on the beacon, so it stacks to 3x for a instant full heal. Sometimes ill throw a Hideous Reconstruction on it when im running around pulling stuff.

At level 57 I can fight 3 mobs at once using crappy quest gear. I solo'd a group quest without dropping below 100% hp.

So yea I'm not sure how well known this is cause I just discovered it today out of boredom from leveling as Druid/Just/Shaman. Definitely sticking with this one.

Also This is pretty much my main support spec in dungeons, the links on the entire party combined with your heals make it a great support spec.

I hope this information will be able to help someone! Good luck.
    Last edited by Suffer; 01-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

Why not 2 puri to give a (good) buff to our beacon ?
    Why not less Defiler and more Inq for Soul Drain ?

I don't understand the role of Warden in this spec.

Warden gives damage and healing. You can definitely use inquisitor for soul drain. I would probably use that myself but this is also my support spec for dungeons, Call me lazy.

I wouldnt say Puri. You can literally full heal your beacon with a press up a button if it has 3 stacks of FG, i dont see a point in more protection.
    There is 3 kinds of people in the world: Those who can count and those who can't.

While most of the points in the Defiler spec are useful, with some sacrifices you can pick up soul drain, i would alternatively go something like this spec: 56/20/0

Soulwalker

I wouldnt say Puri. You can literally full heal your beacon with a press up a button if it has 3 stacks of FG, i dont see a point in more protection.
    --I believe the reason they may have suggested the 2 purifier points is the sign which gives extra damage to the mobs hitting your beacon (or dungeon member you quick healed), which is definitely a boon for soloing.
    --Also putting 15 points in sentinel is good for support roles so while soloing you lose a few % pnts of damage the overall use of using points in sentinel is worth it (to some). (ie: healing breath, increase in healing -for when supporting-, or points in spell power also increasing your damage/healing, etc.).
    --Im not saying nae on warden, just meaning that the 2 points in purifier, and/or points in sentinel are definitely good whether soloing or support as well (and xpert healing if pnts spent in sentinel).

--Long Live the Defilers.!!
    Last edited by Darkforge; 01-04-2013 at 06:58 AM.

I use a 58defiler/18cab/0just for leveling/solo. Gives me my beacon and all of my heals + Cabs dots/curses and AoE Capabilities with CoS, Tyranny of Death and Bound fate w/ shackles of fate talent.. Cab has some nice +death dmg, +dot/delay dmg talents that really synergize well with a deep defiler. Also it has a bit better st than most 61 defiler specs, and the aoe dmg is top notch, only seen full dps specs like 61sham and 61cabs pull higher aoe dps(in regards to clerc dps that is). Your zero point can be whatever you want really, but I use justicar for the slight salvation heals.

This is also still decent enough to be used as support in dungeons if that's your cup of tea. Although if your raid is using Defiler for 20man raid content I would definitely go a 61 variation.. Unstable Transformation is the best @target Mit CD in the game right now.
    Last edited by Hastos; 01-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.

General of Telara

This is what i played with until reaching the expansion.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Eu/U8GEGk29gw/qtUw

I made from lvl 1 to lvl 50 with this spec, i was being to be heal in dungeon , topping the chart at the same time, that was my one spec do all. Geyser as a spam to generate growth while still doing a bit of healing , double hot of tense situation , HoT aoe rain + feedback helped be over the weakness of defiler. As a starter healer, defiler got some problems.

Once ive reached explosive growth though, warden became less and less interesting to me. Im currently leveling in the expansion with

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Egh10/Ur5l5ixkix0/md

At high level , my healing flood was doing only 95 a tick on a 12k hp person which is ridiculous. Spreading Tyranny on 8 mobs is gorgeous dps . Purifier shield is strong and can be put on the 5 people in your group at the same time to absorb a heavy incoming aoe. So far the build is amazing, im doing great damage, great healing but got no aoe cleanse...
    Last edited by darkchicken; 01-06-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Shadowlander

How well would this spec work for leveling 30-50? If so, any suggestions for what it should look like at 30?

Plane Touched

I noticed you put 5 points in Strength of the Deep, which only gives 5% healing/absorb bonus...why not Harmony in Motion, which gives 5% healing/absorb/damage?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hastos View Post
    I use a 58defiler/18cab/0just for leveling/solo.
    Mother of god...

I tried this build out and it's amazing for AoE while leveling.

17 points in Cab for the Tyranny-spread talent, rest in Defiler...egad. Certainly nukes 5-6 mobs down faster than Druid, much safer too with all the mobs on the beacon, and being able to heal that beacon to full with 1 GCD.

But it nukes groups down WAY faster than Druid did, that's for sure. Once I hit 55, I'll try out 20 Inquisitor (don't have enough points yet, will have enough at 55) and see how Soul Drain does with this defiler build.

haven't read the all thread but wouldn't switching points from "Strength of the Deep" to "Harmony in Motion" grant %5 more damage?

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p/UkllliEGkG8/q8x0
    used to be a proud member of Rift Runners till madness took over.

You could essentially solo efficient with extra points in almost anything outside 61Def. The build i linked I said in the OP was also the same build I use for support in dungeons. I just linked it cause thats what I was using for solo and it was working amazingly well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hastos View Post
    I use a 58defiler/18cab/0just for leveling/solo. Gives me my beacon and all of my heals + Cabs dots/curses and AoE Capabilities with CoS, Tyranny of Death and Bound fate w/ shackles of fate talent.. Cab has some nice +death dmg, +dot/delay dmg talents that really synergize well with a deep defiler. Also it has a bit better st than most 61 defiler specs, and the aoe dmg is top notch, only seen full dps specs like 61sham and 61cabs pull higher aoe dps(in regards to clerc dps that is). Your zero point can be whatever you want really, but I use justicar for the slight salvation heals.

This is also still decent enough to be used as support in dungeons if that's your cup of tea. Although if your raid is using Defiler for 20man raid content I would definitely go a 61 variation.. Unstable Transformation is the best @target Mit CD in the game right now.
    is there a guide to that one? i'm currently level 53 and would love to try it.

+ Reply to Thread