+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My grind spec i been playing with

Soulwalker

Default My grind spec i been playing with

hello, I just wanted to take a sec ou tto post my grind spec, if you have improvements for me to use please help me out but here is a quick run down of the spec.

build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...rrz.Aud00z.-11

ST macro:
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Combined effort
    cast fervent strike

AoE macro:
    #show Soul Drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Even Justice

I am level 57 right now and this build is working great. the link posted for build is for level 60, least that what I plan to play with at 60.

Just simply pull mobs with vex, if they are range mobs then LoS them and then start smashing AoE macro.

Single target need make sure you cast eruption of life then smash macro for max dps.

I use Healing pet it seem to be best option
    Last edited by epixknight; 12-27-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Champion

Personally, I dont think a 60% reduction in pet damage is worth the 20 points in inquisitor, along with a 40% pet healing reduction.

I havent tried the 20 inquisitor variant, and recommend you try the 60druid/16just/0shaman, as my educated guess tells me it should be much better overall. You also give up spirit of upheaval pet buff, which is a boatload of dps, especially on aoe.

Again, 5-7k dps st while soloing, 15k+ dps on aoe of five or more.

in the higher levels, the mobs are more spread out. I would recommend this build (using the greater healer fairy)

#show Massive blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Combined effort
    cast Massive Blow
    cast strike of Judgement
    cast ekkehards grasp

for the above macro i swapped fervent strike for strike of judgement. 1. You are now tanking not the pet so you wont be behind the enemy. 2. you do a tiny bit less damage, but you will get healed more from salvation. 3. i added ekkehards grasp at the end, so if you are not in melee range, you can still hit the target

I would also recommend adding this line to the start of the macro.

cast fae step

then you just automatically warp to your target

I dropped the inquisitor tree.

1. you will do more damage with the shaman tree (and you are low enough on the tree where you don't have to worry about spell weaving)
    2. you will do much more ST damage.
    3. you get more heals (glory of the chosen)
    4. you can pull enemy's with ekkehards grasp

and for your current level i would do this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...i8h2y10/rkpg30
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
    You seem to be making excuses for bad changes. Cleric version of battered wife syndrome.

Soulwalker

ok so after level 57 AoE grinding is no longer perfered? Soul drain can do up to 5k damage to a good amount targets with crap gear every 11.5 seconds including cast time. I think that is viable for grinding, now for single target yes i am lacking single target if at 57 you can hit 5-6k i am only getting 3.2k in like i said crap gear. With healing pet is it worth the little extra heal that shaman buff giving you? my pet is not a main sorce of dps but a source of healing. I found that the using a high druid tree is less dps in AoE terms. Single target it was only slight better.

Ascendant

44 druid / rest Inquisitor.

From 50-60, works incredibly well.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by epixknight View Post
    ok so after level 57 AoE grinding is no longer perfered? Soul drain can do up to 5k damage to a good amount targets with crap gear every 11.5 seconds including cast time. I think that is viable for grinding, now for single target yes i am lacking single target if at 57 you can hit 5-6k i am only getting 3.2k in like i said crap gear. With healing pet is it worth the little extra heal that shaman buff giving you? my pet is not a main sorce of dps but a source of healing. I found that the using a high druid tree is less dps in AoE terms. Single target it was only slight better.
    Dont use the healing pet. Use the tank pet. It procs heals on itself and you as it does dps. You also proc heals on yourself and your pet as you dps via salvation and righteous mandate. Using a healing pet to heal, while doing no damage, does not make sense when you can use a pet that does high damage, while healing passively and tanks all the mobs for you.

Im wondering if your lack of results with druid is simply from using the wrong pet. Soul Drain is a very strong ability, Im just not sure it will outperform full druid using the tank pet along with the 16 in justicar for survivability.
    Look at the gift bonuses that you get for every point spent in the druid tree. You get 3% pet damage per point, and 2% pet healing per point. So running 40 druid instead of 60 druid, you lose 60% damage bonus on your pet, and 40% healing bonus.
    Last edited by stefe; 12-28-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Default Variant of your leveling build

After reading some of the grinding posts, I had been using the 1.11 Duracell spec and hating it since the mid 50s.

I'm lvl 57 now and went with the following Druid / Inq / Just variant.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D...5Iw/n8vnM/rtb4

Pop all Druid Buffs, Armor of Devotion and place RM on Greater Satyr Destroyer.

Macros:

Opener:
    #show Fae Step
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    petcast Mead Rush
    petcast Backslash
    petcast Enraged Assault
    cast Fae Step

DoT:
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Vex

ST:
    #show Combined Effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Bolt of Judgment

Heals:
    #show Harsh Discipline
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Harsh Discipline
    cast Doctrine of Bliss

Rotation: Opener, Natural Dedication, DoTs, Eruption of Life, ST.

In the event that you do have more than 1 target can still do the following: Opener, Natural Dedication, DoTs, Eruption of Life [[ ON EACH TARGET ]] followed by spamming Wild Strike.

I've still got my 4 piece Asphodel gear set and only replaced rings, neck and weapon with SL gear.

I'm consistently getting 3500 DPS on level 58 mobs and 2400 - 2600 dps on level 59s and above including level 58 elites. Not the best spec but the 12 points in Justicar I feel gives you enough survivability.

As every player is different this spec and rotation works for me. Feel free to comment all you like... Or use this spec if you so choose.

Happy button smashing!

+ Reply to Thread