Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [SL Raid] Purifier Guide

Ascendant

Default [SL Raid] Purifier Guide

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zqc0IkuR.z.-11 is your basic 54 purifier spec. This goes deep enough in purifer for Sign of Faith, deep enough in Sentinel for HC+ Empowering Light, and the remaining point is spent in Inq for 2% SP for the best heal values.

Buffs

Self-buff with Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Faith. Eruption is really bad dps but it's free; it's probably best-used on a tank, but this is hard to test and could vary from fight to fight. Maintain Latent Blaze on all tanks as you can, but of course prioritize active tanks if the proc is consumed.

Concepts

Purifier is not an exceptional tank healer nor aoe healer, but it complements the other jobs very well. It's great for spot-shields/heals, and ideal for any focus mechanics which are prevalent in Endless Eclipse.

For really spiky tank damage you will want to use Symbol of the Sun on them as it's available, and otherwise spam Ward of Fire. If the tank damage is relatively low (or if they aren't HP-debuffed like on matriarch) you will want to focus your effort toward shielding the raid with Symbol of the Sun. Reserve Gathering of Flames for mechanics you're afraid may 1-shot players, be it because healers are dead or the mechanic may combo with something else.

Note: you don't necessarily want to spam Symbol of the Sun on the raid. This is generally only ideal for a fight like Progenitor Saetos where multiple players receive RNG burst damage, and you want to preemptively shield. In a situation like HM Gelidra, it is better to save your shielding for when players need it most (if someone accidentally gets frozen). If you are spamming shields, they may be eaten up by regular damage, and the priority target will already have a burnout debuff.

For dispels you have Empowering Light (aoe cleanse), Sterilize (complete cleanse on ST), and Cleansing Prayer (normal ST cleanse).

Use Urgency if you need a quick boost in speed.

If there is really nothing going on, you can dps with Wall of Fire, Vex, Banish and Flame Lance (in that order).

Tank cooldowns

Healer's Covenant: 40% mit; 10s duration, 1m cd. Primary mit for an "oh ****" situation.

Rite of the Forge: Secondary mit, useful if HC is unavailable, or can be combined with HC for serious damage (e.g. if tank has a debuff and isn't swapped out quickly enough). Best used if you can predict the damage when tank is already topped off. Not too useful if the primary chloro healer is dead, as this doesn't heal.

Spiritual Conflagration: Great immediate buffer if the tank dips or their healer is dead.

Ward of Scorching (TTL macro): if you need sustained healing for a prolonged time, this is your last resort but only viable option for actual tank healing. If the chloro dies and they cannot be rezzed soon, or you're out of cooldowns, this is what you spam if you absolutely need the tank to survive as long as possible.

Macros

Raid-shield (a bit laggy if you're not actively hovering over targets for @mouseoverui, but you can control this)

Code:
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the sun
    cast @group01 symbol of the sun
    cast @group02 symbol of the sun
    cast @group03 symbol of the sun
    cast @group04 symbol of the sun
    cast @group05 symbol of the sun
    cast @group06 symbol of the sun
    cast @group07 symbol of the sun
    cast @group08 symbol of the sun
    cast @group09 symbol of the sun
    cast @group10 symbol of the sun
    cast @group11 symbol of the sun
    cast @group12 symbol of the sun
    cast @group13 symbol of the sun
    cast @group14 symbol of the sun
    cast @group15 symbol of the sun
    cast @group16 symbol of the sun
    cast @group17 symbol of the sun
    cast @group18 symbol of the sun
    cast @group19 symbol of the sun
    cast @group20 symbol of the sun
    Spot Heal

Code:
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui healing flare
    Big tank heal

Code:
    #show touch the light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast touch the light
    cast Ward of scorching
    Runspeed

Code:
    #show Urgency
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Urgency
    Latent Blaze

Code:
    #show latent blaze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast flashover
    cast latent blaze
    Gathering

Code:
    #show gathering of flames
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast flashover
    cast gathering of flames
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-20-2013 at 03:21 PM.

I run a pretty similar purifire spec in raids. With how chloros is now i dont seem to be hitting alot of heals on tanks below 75% health tho.

Also im kinda curious why you take "Expenditious" over "thoughtful"?. Is that a gain in straight single target healing or is it combined with the aoe shielding that it shines over "thoughtful"?.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Salazar666 View Post
    I run a pretty similar purifire spec in raids. With how chloros is now i dont seem to be hitting alot of heals on tanks below 75% health tho.

Also im kinda curious why you take "Expenditious" over "thoughtful"?. Is that a gain in straight single target healing or is it combined with the aoe shielding that it shines over "thoughtful"?.
    That's a great question.

I like Expeditious because 80%+ of the time, you won't be healing a tank with Ward of Fire. Indeed, a Purifier's strongest selling point in raids is shielding everyone (instant-cast) and spot heals with HB/HF (instant-cast). Though you still make use of cast-time abilities, the amount of time doing so does not warrant taking Thoughtful over Expeditious.

A purifier does not generate enough throughput to "replace" an LBV chloro, so I never try to do so. I pretty much stick LBV chloros anywhere I can because they are the best tank healers. In Purifier I complement them with mit cooldowns, great shielding on the raid, backup tank healing, and spot-shields/heals. As well, if there is a cleanse mechanic it is better for a Purifier to perform cleanses than the LBV chloro.

5-man context and 20-man context are completely different as well. Try looking at Purifier as a "do-it-all" spec and you will find some great uses in FT/EE.
    Last edited by Ahov; 12-23-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Shadowlander

Sorry if I'm missing something but you say to use Caregiver's Blessing in the guide; however, you also have a point in Healer's Blessing. As far as I know the two don't stack. Also, you make no mention of Healer's Blessing in the guide. Is this supposed to be a situational buff or is it just Zam acting derp?

EDIT: Nvm, Zam was acting Derp on me. Please keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Pandorian; 12-23-2012 at 03:58 PM.

I question the utility of hotstreak over taking clear the coals. You even state in your guide that you don't repeatedly cast ward of fire. I like going with something like this.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p.../mvaBkwF9iEw/q

Provides a bit more oomph to your patch up HB macro with Enraptured breath and gives you healing spray and waterjet for free.

Rift Disciple

cast @mouseover Healing breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Flame
    I prefer to not have the ui aspect as it tends to make things glitchy for me at times.

And take clear the coals. This allows, as you read its description, all single target heals to clear burnout. use it for spot healing, heals on the tank for clearing burnout, makes a big difference IMHO. Or can make these cast @focus. Ahov Has presented a very viable build that can be built cpl different ways to suit each persons personal preference. It provides a nice evenness to spikey dmg in the raid situation.
    Last edited by scott0301; 12-26-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Ascendant

Hi, with the point allocation I used it is very tough to determine where those last 1-2 go in Purifier.

I chose 1/2 Hot Streak because I like using Flashover on multiple heals: Latent Blaze and Gathering of Flames. I don't currently use Wards too often, but this is primarily due to the chloro bug which makes them standalone tank healers for virtually any encounter.

As well, if you wanted 2/2 in either Hot Streak or Clear the Coals you would sacrifice one point from a more vital area or Purifier.

I wouldn't say there is a wrong choice, as the difference between any of the specs is minimal and some will benefit particular circumstances (Clear the Coals would benefit more on a fight where you HB/HF a lot).

Did this macro fall victim to the anti-botting efforts somehow?

Code:
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    Recently it only works out of combat, once in combat it only casts for me on a targeted player as an @mouseover. This happening to anyone else? Just curious.

I mean it still casts but, the macro was much...well, yea....

??????
    Freight - 60 Cleric
    Rockie - 60 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Freight View Post
    Did this macro fall victim to the anti-botting efforts somehow?

Code:
    #show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    Recently it only works out of combat, once in combat it only casts for me on a targeted player as an @mouseover. This happening to anyone else? Just curious.

I mean it still casts but, the macro was much...well, yea....

??????
    I have a suspicion that it was affected by the changes to macro lag, combined with the oddities of using symbol of the sun in a macro. Either way I just use a simple @mouseoverui macro for Symbol of the Sun and don't have any issues.

I have honestly not come across an issue with this macro. As of last night it was working just fine for me. Also having the @mouseover at the top of the macro still allows for priority shielding during the spam.

Default Tried to PM you but your BOX is full.

Ahov,

Let me first start saying, I really like your guides. They are logical. I had a guild mate asking me about what Puri Spec I use. Of course I sent him to your guide.

Now to the meat of why I am posting this. I was re-reading it and came to a "possible" conclusion that this guide may have been a recycled guide from old. I noticed you still have the following:

Reserve Gathering of the Ancestors for mechanics you're afraid may 1-shot players, be it because healers are dead or the mechanic may combo with something else.
    Did you mean "Gathering of Flames"? Or am I missing something here
    Ponie LvL 60 Cleric (Retired)

Flashover works with latent blaze?
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Valenntine View Post
    Flashover works with latent blaze?
    Yes, it worked with chocolate (hate that word) rift as well.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ZirconSTC View Post
    Ahov,

Let me first start saying, I really like your guides. They are logical. I had a guild mate asking me about what Puri Spec I use. Of course I sent him to your guide.

Now to the meat of why I am posting this. I was re-reading it and came to a "possible" conclusion that this guide may have been a recycled guide from old. I noticed you still have the following:

Did you mean "Gathering of Flames"? Or am I missing something here
    Nah, it's not a recycled guide. It's nothing like my old 51 puri guide.

However, I am mixing up the names (I still call Ward of Fire "Restorative Flame" sometimes)

Will edit, thanks. I also included a flashover/gathering macro
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-27-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Nah, it's not a recycled guide. It's nothing like my old 51 puri guide.
    For the uninformed, I have reproduced a replica of Ahov's 51 Puri guide below for your viewing pleasure.

Spam Macro
    #show Restorative Flame
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame
    cast Restorative Flame

Rotation: RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->RF->etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast