+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiler Healer

Rift Chaser

Default Defiler Healer

I'd like to start off by stating that I've used this spec to solo heal every boss in each SL expert except Valthundr (if you can solo heal this, let me know).
    Defiler provides the ST heals, while Sentinel provides the AOE healing

Pros

Mobility -All instant-casts, so can easily heal while on the move
    Spike Healing - Able to heal spike damage easily
    Huge Heals - Can heal for 25k (non-crit) instantly when fully buffed and prep heals up
    Versatility - Covers both ST and AOE heals well
    Link - Passively reduces damage on tank by 20%
    Mana regen - 2 ways to regen mana, channeled or on the move
    AOE cleanse

Cons

Links - Does not play well with other Defilers currently
    Empowered Affliction - Getting mana back can be a little risky if not timed well on some fights.
    Prep heals - Allows for good reactionary healing, but Foul Growths need to be prep'd beforehand
    No Cooldowns - Not that any are needed, really

Stats

%Healing from talents - 56%
    Grief Blight +Healing - 20%
    Obsessive +Healing - 5%
    Dark Impulses +Healing - 20% (certain spells)
    Benediction +Healing - 5%
    Expeditious +Healing - 6%
    Call to Action +Healing - 6%
    Divine Understanding - 10%
    Open Minded +Wis - 10%
    Peak of Form +Healing - 10%
    Change is Good +SP - 12% (certain spells)
    Vicisstude +SP - 10% (certain spells)

Spells

Single Target
    Explosive Growth - Your bread and butter. Instant cast, 14-15k heals. Requires triggering (think of it like resto druid's lifebloom if you played WoW)
    Foul Growth - Taken off bar, replaced by Explosive Growth + Empowered Affliction
    Loathsome Restoration - Triggers FG stack, 5k heal good for spot healing raid members
    Healer's Blessing - (Buff) - Provides some healing when placing and popping FG stacks.
    Hideous Reconstruction - Your HoT. Replaces Healing Spray. Effect doubled (almost) when you get 4piece raid syn crystal.
    Cleansing Prayer - ST Cleanse
    Healer's Covenant - Your only CD

AOE Healing
    Healing Breath - Heals 3 targets that are close together
    Marked by the Light - Heals for ~1k on raid members near you. Off GCD, so it's easy to keep up.
    Feedback - Fairly useless on it's own. I do not recommend trying to heal up your group using this. However, it will pop stacks of FG, so if you know people are about to take damage, use EG to get stacks on them, then Feedback to spike heal. Seems to have a limited range (15-20yrds)

The Strat

-Keep a 3stack of FG on your tank at all times.
    -Use LR to pop the stacks when he gets <60% health (depending on your SP)
    -Use Marked by the Light and Healing Breath to AOE heal.
    -Use LR to single target heal raid members that take damage.
    -Try to use Empowered Affliction or Reverent Supplication to get mana back after using EG
    -Keep up Bonds when you can. Especially on AOE pulls (on 6+ mobs, I can do 2k DPS w/ just bonds). Bonds do not initiate fights, as long as links are not getting hit.

I put 8 points into Puri simply for the +70Wis buff. Please feel free to put the points into Warden instead if you're wanting more AOE healing/HoTs.
    Last edited by Falsedemise; 12-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Have you tried a 61pt Defiler in Experts? I am curious on that spec'd performance. Basically would be less points in Senti or dropping other points into warden for more aoe performance. The 61pt 1min CD lasting 10sec in Defiler seems very tasty on paper, just no sure about performance. Thanks for the build and mini-guide.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    Have you tried a 61pt Defiler in Experts? I am curious on that spec'd performance. Basically would be less points in Senti or dropping other points into warden for more aoe performance. The 61pt 1min CD lasting 10sec in Defiler seems very tasty on paper, just no sure about performance. Thanks for the build and mini-guide.
    I have, and personally feel that it's more of a support build (Link). The CD is nice, but a support can do it as well as the 25% link. In my opinion, you lose too much AOE healing and talented +healing from going 61Defiler.

As far as changing Sent to Warden, it's up to you. I personally feel that Warden is very lacking right now. By making this change, you lose the burst AOE healing of Sent, to pick up a slower AOE (typically 10+ man) of warden. Without getting Pool of Restoration, it's not worth it, IMO.

I am certain though, that the damage that you get from both Defiler and Warden would make for a really amazing support build, somehow.

Very interesting. I figured a guy would want a bit more self healing trying to run a build like this. It seems without having Siphon Vitality or Bond of Torment you would spend a lot of time trying to heal yourself or are you relying on HB to keep your health pool topped up?
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    Very interesting. I figured a guy would want a bit more self healing trying to run a build like this. It seems without having Siphon Vitality or Bond of Torment you would spend a lot of time trying to heal yourself or are you relying on HB to keep your health pool topped up?
    You never take any damage from Links because it's all absorbed by Husk of Indifference.

Casting a heal every second or two makes sure it's always refreshed.

Soulwalker

Default Making sure im not missing something you are meaning in here.)

-- just curious.. if using the 40/27/8 and main healing in experts, im supposed to be able to heal group members (other then tank) with HB + MoL and LR.? seems like quite a few groups were taking alot of raid wide damage to the point i was using more EG then prob should have too (or even spamming 1-2 FGs on each person just to quick prep heal something dmg wise coming up).

--So with some exceptions, LR is the go to spot heal (and WITHOUT a FG put on them first??) instead of say healing invoc/subt sounds like you are saying.? or .... Just making sure one should be focusing more on EG, HB, and LR, over even touching healing invoc/subt.?? (Asking about ST healing not only on the tank themselves but the party members as well please)..

--Also why bond for damage instead of bond of torment ?? As well as why no siphon (seems like instead of damage bond would be better to be throwing out siphons instead - especially with amount of dmg experts seem to dish out raid wise).??

--Long live the Defilers.!!
    Last edited by Darkforge; 12-07-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Darkforge View Post
    -- just curious.. if using the 40/27/8 and main healing in experts, im supposed to be able to heal group members (other then tank) with HB + MoL and LR.? seems like quite a few groups were taking alot of raid wide damage to the point i was using more EG then prob should have too (or even spamming 1-2 FGs on each person just to quick prep heal something dmg wise coming up).
    What fights were you on where they were taking so much? The most AOE damage fight I can think of is the last boss in Archive, who I've healed through just using those. It might be that your groups are just not moving out of stuff, and then complaining that you can't keep them up while they stand in the avoidable fires.

Also, keep in mind that LR (3k) + MbtL (1k) + Healer's Blessing (1k) = 5k healing... then x1.2 because of Blight = 6k per LR

--So with some exceptions, LR is the go to spot heal (and WITHOUT a FG put on them first??) instead of say healing invoc/subt sounds like you are saying.? or .... Just making sure one should be focusing more on EG, HB, and LR, over even touching healing invoc/subt.?? (Asking about ST healing not only on the tank themselves but the party members as well please)..

Unbuffed:
    LR = 3k - instant cast
    SI = 3k - 2sec cast
    HI = 5k - 2.5sec cast

in the time it takes you to cast HI, you can prettymuch cast LR twice, thus proccing Healer's Blessing twice as well... so 6k for 2.5sec (can't cast while moving) or 8k for 3sec (can cast while moving)

--Also why bond for damage instead of bond of torment ?? As well as why no siphon (seems like instead of damage bond would be better to be throwing out siphons instead - especially with amount of dmg experts seem to dish out raid wise).??

Bond of Pain requires nothing else after putting it out, Bond of Torment requires you to use GCD's to do damage, while it only heals you. Marked by the light keeps me pretty topped off, and if I take real damage, I'll probably be using a heal spell to get myself back up instead of a damage spell (not to mention Torment only heals for 300 per spell, and I believe it only procs off the first tick of a DoT).

Why not Siphon Vitality? Because as I said before, my health stays pretty topped off, and if I get a spare GCD, I'll use Harvest instead, since it does 1000 more damage. Reconstruction heals for 7k/15sec, or 700 per tick. Siphon does 1500/15sec... which puts it at about 150hp/tick, which isn't going to heal you through anything. Even if you have it ticking on 5 mobs, that makes it equivalent to one Reconstruction at the cost of 5 GCD's.
    Last edited by Falsedemise; 12-07-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Soulwalker

Ahh ok gotcha .. yea i think atm my LR is doing less then that on average so its probably just a gear issue as of yet, only recently got into experts (literally few days ago, and with the wait times for Q taking forever -- atm support, but preping to get back into Mhealing so..)

-- Cool appreciate response and makes sense then with those numbers (once i get a smidge more sp under belt hehe) ..

-Thank you

Soulwalker

Default Main healer 61 defiler

-- I see alot of 40ish defiler mix options for a main healer in experts and such, and i did see a 61 one mentioned briefly, but was wondering if anyone used a full 61 defiler to main heal in experts still and if so how it worked for them (success rate, etc.)..??

Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread