+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arianera
  • 1 Post By zetans

Thread: [SL] Glacial Priest - solo

Soulwalker

Default [SL] Glacial Priest - solo

This is a variation of the Glacial Priest Trion purpose (preset). It takes advantage of the synergy between water spells in Shaman and Warden souls. The Trion build has 44 points in Warden and 32 points in Shaman, and it appears as healing spec though Trion classifies it in the pesets panel as dps. I re-arranged the points a bit, removed some from Warden and put them in Shaman, lost some aoe healing spells (Healing Effusion, Curative Waters, Pool of Restoration), which I think are not so useful when you solo.
    Moreover, this build is a bit (if not very) weak when fighting a lot of mobs.
    Here's the build I've made:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#lkai8Gkg/q8FgGG4Ag/r

I've made the following macros:

1) Geyser:
    #show Geyser
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Geyser

2) DoT spells:
    #show Call of the DEpths
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Call of the Depths
    cast lightning hammer
    cast Dehydrate

3) Charge macro:
    #show Icy Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ride the Lightning
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Icy Blow

4) Spam macro:
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ride the Lightning
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Jolt
    cast Massive Blow
    cast waterjet (or Icy Blow)

Also on hotbars:
    - Orbs of the Stream (before charging)
    - Glacial Shield (before charging)
    - Bitter Wind (for interrupts)
    - Glassy Reflection (reflecting spells to the enemy caster)
    - Healing Spray, Soothing Stream (X4), Ripple (to spread to raid - maybe this in a solo build isn't that useful)
    - Cleansing Waters
    - the aoe heals: Healing Flood, Healing Cattaract, Overflowing Renewal
    - Ageless Ice, and Open Water (for Mana Regen)
    - Rage of the North, and Tidal Surge ( to keep in control)
    - Avalanche Strike (for AoE dmg) and Crashy Waves (for ao\e control)
    - River of Life (combat res - if I play as support in dungeon)

Buffs:
    - Courage of the Eagle
    - Glory of the Chosen
    - Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    - Heart of the Frozen Sea

Of course, I do not mean to get credit of this build, it's made by Trion, I've just removed some points to Shaman, to make it more efficient for solo playing, and I know it still needs improvements. The biggest disadvantage is: 1) the lack of AoE dmg (except Avalanche) and 2) a bit of weakness when a lot of mobs come to you, since the Warden HoT's may not be enough for surviving a massive attack

Anyway, I started this, because I don't like to be followed by the creepy Druid pets, and I suspect Warden has a lot of solo potential now (that's why Trion made this purpose). I am open to any comment of yours, guys - in fact I need comments.

Interesting.

So what's typical Single Target DPS from this build and at what SP/SC ratio?

So far the only viable solo builds I've actively used are the Just Seer and Defiler / Cabalist variant.

The Just Seer is a good solid overall in your face kinda build with some utility in Onslaught and pick-up group joins as you wander about. The same with the Defiler as well but takes much more knowledge to operate properly. They both run around 2K Single Target with about 2.1K SP / 1.8K ish SC.

The challenge is when you hit a hard elite that has HP out the wazoo it (seems to) takes for ever to burn them down. As long as they don't hit a string of high crits I can usually walk away from them with full health albeit with some mana drain to recover from. In general they are nearly zero downtime builds. That is a good trait for soloing builds. Kill times are also good as you want to maximize the number of kills you get while you are out and about. The faster you can churn the mobs the more you reap (literally if you count gathering skills).

Thanks for sharing the build!
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Rift Master

I'm actually really curious if the Trion version (or with some tweaking thereof) can recapture some of the old -icar type of build where you DPS but can provide AOE healing. The traditional healers don't appeal to me at all. It might be something workable.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Arianera's Avatar

I so miss my Icar *cries*
    Site Owner of Rift-Craft.com Crafting Guides ~ @RiftCraft - Check out the Rune Search Database!
    Looking for a programmer to help me update Rift-Craft.com to Storm Legion. I could use some help please.
    Chiana 60 Defiant Cleric | Lirra 60 Defiant Rogue | Ruala 60 Defiant mage | members of Dirty Deeds on Faeblight

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arianera View Post
    I so miss my Icar *cries*
    Me too. I don't like the way traditional healers work, but I loved -icar. I had a lengthy thread basically saying how I never wanted to heal because I don't like those kind of healers, but I really liked an -icar and I'm sad to see that they don't work.

I really may have to experiment with this premade to see if it can provide some -icar like heals, perhaps as a Support role in a group.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    Me too. I don't like the way traditional healers work, but I loved -icar. I had a lengthy thread basically saying how I never wanted to heal because I don't like those kind of healers, but I really liked an -icar and I'm sad to see that they don't work.

I really may have to experiment with this premade to see if it can provide some -icar like heals, perhaps as a Support role in a group.
    I agree, it may not have been intentional, but Trion created a really fun way to play with -icar specs.

Shame they decided to ditch them rather than embrace it and balance them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Shadowlander

i using something similar but for pvp... it isnt on max lvl yet but i constantly end 2 nd on damage and same time 2-3 on healing and my recieved dmg is pretty high... the approach using 42 shaman / 28 warden actually (but as i said it is nit max yet so i need yet to check endgame performance) ... rest 6 levels are taken from different souls forming different puprose roles ... the thing that cleric souls have tendency to have 2 major buffs at lvl 6 and wis/sp trees are also big gain....the final result of build is healing dps flexible build which damage at range with instant/dot damage and hurt even more at melee and can fight different kinds of foes. It is also quite tanky because of hot healing and absorption/abs bonuses and heavy buffs. the 3rd sould 6 point choice are really important and mean much.... viable 6 point choices are sentinel, purifier, inq and druid. Inq is pure crit synergy and another dot spell and buff and dps soul gift bonus and great for long range dps, druid adds durability with oak, fae and is good for emphasizing melee hitting - it comes well after massive blow icy blow sequence and hits harder than mb. Puri is more buff/absorption and makes char awesome support while sent is buffs and healing bonus with important improvement for cast time heals.
    I Have 2 other already hi lvl chars - domichlor and tactimarksbard, they are both great for pvp but thi.
    s one is not worse and performs well and i like playing using it in wfs
    I lvling chars using mainly daily wf thingy or rare event till they lvl 50
    Last edited by Jacran; 11-30-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Shadowlander

Also i must mention that my macros and hotbar build is very different

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jacran View Post
    i using something similar but for pvp... it isnt on max lvl yet but i constantly end 2 nd on damage and same time 2-3 on healing and my recieved dmg is pretty high... the approach using 42 shaman / 28 warden actually (but as i said it is nit max yet so i need yet to check endgame performance) ... rest 6 levels are taken from different souls forming different puprose roles ... the thing that cleric souls have tendency to have 2 major buffs at lvl 6 and wis/sp trees are also big gain....the final result of build is healing dps flexible build which damage at range with instant/dot damage and hurt even more at melee and can fight different kinds of foes. It is also quite tanky because of hot healing and absorption/abs bonuses and heavy buffs. the 3rd sould 6 point choice are really important and mean much.... viable 6 point choices are sentinel, purifier, inq and druid. Inq is pure crit synergy and another dot spell and buff and dps soul gift bonus and great for long range dps, druid adds durability with oak, fae and is good for emphasizing melee hitting - it comes well after massive blow icy blow sequence and hits harder than mb. Puri is more buff/absorption and makes char awesome support while sent is buffs and healing bonus with important improvement for cast time heals.
    I Have 2 other already hi lvl chars - domichlor and tactimarksbard, they are both great for pvp but thi.
    s one is not worse and performs well and i like playing using it in wfs
    I lvling chars using mainly daily wf thingy or rare event till they lvl 50
    Could you post your build

Soulwalker

Default Improvements

I kept working on this build; I have tried the defiler builds and to be honest I cannot get used to this soul, moreover find it quite difficult to have mobs attack on the beacon.
    Another thing I need to say, this build is for solo pvp (it may be good for support in dungeons as well - maybe the Trion preset will work much better as support). Also, I have not tested what dps it does at dummies, no point I think to do this, since - as I've already said - it is meant to be a solo build which means I do not care for extremely high dps, I car only for survivability and ofc the needed dps to not fall asleep in front of my screen

Anyway, I have removed some more points from warden to shaman, and now it is like this: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...4w/q8Fglk98w/r

I changed the macros also:

Geyser
    #show Geyser
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Geyser

Spam macro
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Massive Blow
    cast icy blow
    cast waterjet

Jolt
    #show Jolt
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Jolt
    cast waterjet

DoT
    #show Call of the DEpths
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast rage of the north
    cast Call of the Depths
    cast Dehydrate

AoE
    #show Avalanche Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Avalanche Strike

My premium action bar is:
    1. Geyser macro (i use to hit mobs with this before charging, but maybe it should be better to have another macro where I had Waterjet instead of Geyser)
    2. Ride the Lightning (for charging)
    3. Spam macro
    4. Jolt macro (whenever it comes with the increased dps)
    5. DoT macro (maybe this would be also good to start before charging)
    6. AoE macro
    The other spells are the same as posted in first post.

I keep forward to your comments. Especially about removing Lightning Hammer from my rotations, macros and removing the bonuses from shaman tree.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VLG17 View Post
    this build is for solo pvp

Eeer, ofc i mean pve

I look forward to moving into this once my Cleric hits the late 50's. I'm enjoying the Just Seer build, but I hear it has issues after Lv57 and up.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

+ Reply to Thread