+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Expert Healing Spec

Shadowlander

Default Expert Healing Spec

This is the spec I have used. Players using purifier specs and relying on shields for group heals have not done many experts. This spec works very well in healing group. It has the cleanse, good AoE, and good shields.

Keep shields and Healing Flood up on party members to reduce damage and heal over time for tank and any members who get hurt. If they get injured past shields and more than Healing Flood can heal use Healing Cataract to heal group. This can be used with any of the 3 spells that increase heal efficiency. You could also use Overflowing Renewal on tank instead of Ward of Fire if need group heals more instead of tank heals. The overflow helps nicely it just does not have the benefits of more SP used and shields added that Ward of Fire has. Healers Covenant can be used if tank is in trouble.
    Also throw in Healing Breath when needed.

12 / 44 / 24

This really does not need macros, and I do not believe in using macros with healing specs as it is. If you need macros for a healing spec you shouldn't be healing.

There are several spells to increase efficiency of heals that you can use when needed.

Tidal Surge: 50% increase
    Flashover: Critical Hit
    Touch the Light: Instant cast

Using these 3 together works rather nicely if need a fast good heal be it Single or AE.
    Last edited by nondeplume; 11-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Macros

Why would you not use macros? The ability to macro multiple abilities into one button is the greatest thing a mmo game has done. You believe that targeting everyone individually and fumbling through 14+ separate key binds is better? You need to seriously re-think the way you play this game.

And can you tell me what 4 points in that spec to not spend? You have a total of 80 points there. In case you didn't know you can only use 76.
    Last edited by zartan88; 11-25-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zartan88 View Post
    Why would you not use macros? The ability to macro multiple abilities into one button is the greatest thing a mmo game has done. You believe that targeting everyone individually and fumbling through 14+ separate key binds is better? You need to seriously re-think the way you play this game.

And can you tell me what 4 points in that spec to not spend? You have a total of 80 points there. In case you didn't know you can only use 76.
    Exactly ^ makes no sense to use macros if you like alot of keys to press go ahead but when simple things like healing breath and flashover can be macroed no point in having seperate slots for both.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Exactly ^ makes no sense to not use macros if you like alot of keys to press go ahead but when simple things like healing breath and flashover can be macroed no point in having seperate slots for both.
    But nice spec will try it out
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

More importantly, @mouseoverui macros actually will make you a better healer due to increasing your potential reaction speed

Since you have to drop 4 points of this build to hit 76, the easiest place I'm guessing is going to be from Warden: Tidal Surge and Riptide. You lose Healing Cataract, but you still have Healing Flood and Healing Communion, which should be enough to see you through experts when combined with Symbol of the Hearth and other shields.

Outside of the extra points, seems like a solid 5-man content build, although I would fiddle around with a couple points in Purifier to see if I could pick up Reinforcement.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Ascendant

You do not need Healing Cataract as an aoe heal. Its output is only slightly larger than Healing Communion, so the main benefit is its 10-target heal which you won't utilize in 5-man dungeons.

Your only real benefit from running Purifier is the 3x efficiency on placing shields on players.

However, you are sacrificing just so much from Sentinel: off-gcd Healing Breath (which also procs Enraptured Breath), 1s GCD on cleanses, Faith Rewarded (which affects ANYONE under 50%, including just players receiving aoe damage), and all of the tank-healing cooldowns that go along with Sentinel.

In fact, even if you wanted to go 44puri/22 sent, your points in Sentinel are quite misplaced. Anti-pushback is an absolute must.

I really don't see how you would use this build as a standalone healer on any of the more difficult fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    You do not need Healing Cataract as an aoe heal. Its output is only slightly larger than Healing Communion, so the main benefit is its 10-target heal which you won't utilize in 5-man dungeons.
    Looking at the abilities, that's what I was thinking as well.
    It sounds like you're advocating a pure Sentinel build for dungeons Ahov?
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the issue of dungeon healing.
    The builds right now all remind me of pre-senticar days with pur/sent builds that were fine with tank healing but weak on dealing with lots of group damage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    Looking at the abilities, that's what I was thinking as well.
    It sounds like you're advocating a pure Sentinel build for dungeons Ahov?
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the issue of dungeon healing.
    The builds right now all remind me of pre-senticar days with pur/sent builds that were fine with tank healing but weak on dealing with lots of group damage.
    I've been running 61 Sent/15 Puri.

During any down-time on tank damage you can apply shields on group members, but otherwise you keep your great Sentinel skills.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I've been running 61 Sent/15 Puri.

During any down-time on tank damage you can apply shields on group members, but otherwise you keep your great Sentinel skills.
    why 15 purifier over 15 defiler?

I have found the defiler link to be great as a complement to 61 Sent and you still get the single target shield for downtime or single cast needs.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    why 15 purifier over 15 defiler?

I have found the defiler link to be great as a complement to 61 Sent and you still get the single target shield for downtime or single cast needs.
    While the trade-offs of the different low tier talents and and root abilities can be debated or chalked up to personal taste, there is still the factor of the souls' gifts. By going 15 Purifier over 15 Defiler, you get 15% extra healing/absorb versus only 7.5% from Defiler.
    Experience debt is merely a gauge to show how much Awesome I'm generating.

Champion

Im not a healer but tired of waiting for a que, i did heal several experts. I used 48 warden 28 sentinel and had no problems unless people died to one shot or unhealable type mechanics. Often solo healed with no support.

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Im not a healer but tired of waiting for a que, i did heal several experts. I used 48 warden 28 sentinel and had no problems unless people died to one shot or unhealable type mechanics. Often solo healed with no support.
    Were you healing classic experts or Storm Legion experts?

Just wondering because I was under the impression that you can't keep up with tank damage in SL experts unless you go either deep Sentinel or deep Purifier.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    Just wondering because I was under the impression that you can't keep up with tank damage in SL experts unless you go either deep Sentinel or deep Purifier.
    The "normal" single target rotation of Warden is HS, 4x SS, and OR for filler. With my Ward/Sent AOE spec I can put 3100 HPS on a tank. My "tank cooldowns" are anything that boosts this, for single targets, but is temporary. I have 3 tank cooldowns in my Ward spec (but I get 2 of them from Sentinel).

With Sentinel, my normal ST healing is mostly HI spam, and gives me about 3300 HPS, so not much higher. But, I have 7 tank cooldowns (one semi-spammable) and an 8th ability to reset them all.

On my fights in experts, often even on trash, I'm using most of them, just for normal stuff where no one has messed up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast