+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defilist- 36 Def/30 Cab: 66 point

Default Defilist- 36 Def/30 Cab: 66 point

I have been leveling with with this build since SL launch and it seems to be a pretty solid AE grinding/leveling build. The downside is exp/Hr with less then 3 mobs seems to not be worth it. Besides I like the name :P

Defilist
    The build: 36 Defiler/30 Cab

Purpose: AE soloing, Healing via damage intercept and foul growth (whack-a-mole)

Key Abilities
    Defiler Branch: Bond of Torment, Rampant Growth, Summon: Beacon of Despair, Cardial Conversion
    Defiler Root: Rage Blight, Loathsome Restoration, Link of Suffering, Link of Misery, Link of Distress
    Cabalist Branch: Sigil of Spirits, Shackles of Fate
    Cabalist Root: Bound Fate, Tyranny of Death, Disintegration, Curse of Solitude

Buffs:
    Rage Blight

Future Point Expenditure
    I would advise putting future points into Cabalist abilities that increase death damage and/or Increased damage to Tyranny of Death and/or Bound Fate until 36 points for Obliterate. After you have gotten Obliterate the 4 points you have left can pretty much go anywhere. Since the only thing it is going to net you in Cabalist tree is Sigil of Secrecy (AE Silence, 30 second CD) or Explosive Growth (Applies 3 stacks of Foul Growth, No CD) in Defiler it becomes a matter of additional healing or utility/added damage.

Macros
    Pull Macro
    #show Marrow Harvest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Bond of Torment

Spam Macro
    #show Tyranny of Death
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tyranny of Death
    cast Bound Fate

Cycle Cleanse
    #show Jealous Intervention
    suppressmacrofailures
    Stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Jealous Intervention
    cast @group01 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group02 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group03 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group04 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group05 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group06 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group07 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group08 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group09 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group10 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group11 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group12 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group13 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group14 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group15 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group16 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group17 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group18 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group19 Jealous Intervention
    cast @group20 Jealous Intervention

Beacon Heal Macro
    #show Loathsome Restoration
    cast @focus Loathsome Restoration
    This macro should work on whoever (or whatever in the case of your Beacon of Despair) you have set as your focus, it also comes in handy in the event you need to heal your link targets.

Working Toolbar:
    Sigil of Spirits, Maelstrom, Curse of Discord, Curse of Solitude, Disintegration, Link of Distress, Link of Suffering, Link of Misery, Loathsome Restoration, Foul Growth, Empowered Affliction, Deaths Embrace, Siphon Vitality, Pull macro, Spam Macro, Cycle Cleanse macro, Beacon Heal macro

The Pull
    Begin the pull by first placing down your Beacon of Despair in a centralized location from the mobs you intend to pull, be careful not to place the beacon were it will be to far from the mobs causing them to leash. Set the Beacon as your focus target by having it targeted and hit shift F.

Once the Beacon is down target the first mob and hit your pull macro twice (it is a good idea if you karuls alert to have Bond of Torment set up to make sure that it goes off on the mob), this should place Marrow Harvest and Bond of Torment on the mob and will not initiate aggro. Tab to the next mob and use your pull macro again, once you get to the third, fourth and fifth mob (I wouldn't recommend more then 4 mobs 1 level over you or 5-6 equal level, because you will spend more time healing your beacon then dpsing) use your pull macro but hit the mobs with a Siphon Vitality so that they aggro to your Beacon right away instead of waiting for Marrow Harvest to pop.

Watch the health on your Beacon during the pull. If you have cast through target turned on and your beacon gets low just hit you Loathsome Restoration and it should pop it up to full health or try my untested Beacon heal macro.

Once the mobs are stacked on your Beacon begin with Sigil of Spirits> Spam Macro hitting it 2 times (once to cast tyranny of death, a second time to cast bound fate to spread tyranny of death to the other targets)>Disintegration>Spam Macro once>Curse of Solitude>Spam Macro till Disintegration is off CD>Rinse and repeat.

It is very important to keep a close eye on the health of your Beacon of Despair while you are in your dps rotation, if the Beacon goes down you will more then likely go down not long after, so keep it healed with Loathsome Restoration.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Nice build!

I have another cleric I need to level so I'll try this on that one. The other build I had was using a lot more into Defiler and not as much into Cabalist. I like the distribution in your build and the one thing I wanted for sure was Rampant Growth. I like having the stacks of Foul Growth on the Beacon all the time but hated having to manually apply them.

I made a macro to simply dropping the Beacon and another to dispell it.

Summon Beacon

Code:
      #show Summon Beacon of Despair 
      suppressmacrofailures 
      cast Summon Beacon of Despair 
      targetexact Beacon of Despair 
      focus @target 
      targetlasttarget
    Dispell Beacon

Code:
      #show Summon Beacon of Despair 
      suppressmacrofailures 
      clearfocus 
      cancelbuff Summon Beacon of Despair
    I just updated it to use targetexact instead of just tar beacon which I had before. I still need to test this version tonight.

Looking forward to testing this build!
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

I been having a blast with this build and I may even keep it and give it a go raiding.

I added in a simple
    #show Summon: Beacon of Despair
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Summon: Beacon of Despair
    focus Beacon of Despair

It seems to work really well for setting your beacon as the focus so you can heal it with the cast @focus Loathsome Restoration if you need to while pulling.

I have been able to easily top most parses during world events and hunt rifts using this build. I have yet though to see how it will stack up against a 61 point cab, but the synergy with Defiler and Cabalist is just unbelievable, they go together like peanut butter and jelly.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    It seems to work really well for setting your beacon as the focus so you can heal it with the cast @focus Loathsome Restoration if you need to while pulling.
    I'v been playing with a little different Def/Cab spec. and it works quite well.
    My points are 39/35/2 - http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#U...h0/Ek8xg4h0/md
    I go that hight in Def. to get the +15% dmg. for 3 points(rage blight) and the possibility to get +15% more heal(Grief Blight) which is very good when soloing level 60 elite invasions.
    The 2 points in Puri is for the sign of Wrath, which can do around 6-8% of your total damage, depending on how much thats hitting you/your pet and
    if you throw a heal at the beacon early in the fight(like Hideous Reconstruction)

I made two healing macroes, one for the pet and one for me. So I could heal without moving target from the mobs I was fighting.

Pet heal macro: cast @pet Loathsome Restoration
    Self heal macro: cast @self Loathsome Restoration
    Last edited by TriX; 11-26-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

Quote Originally Posted by TriX View Post
    Pet heal macro: cast @pet Loathsome Restoration
    I didn't know you could just use a cast @pet command. I been using the cast summon: beacon of despair focus Beacon of despair. then I use a cast @focus

That really simplifies things thanks a bunch

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I didn't know you could just use a cast @pet command. I been using the cast summon: beacon of despair focus Beacon of despair. then I use a cast @focus

That really simplifies things thanks a bunch
    Here is my heal macro for all one a single keybind:

#show Loathsome Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] @self Loathsome Restoration
    cast @pet Loathsome Restoration

Soulwalker

This is a pretty nice spec and overall works well when you have mobs that are close enough to gather up and burn down, but it is kinda slow for my liking. By slow I don't mean very slow killing just doesn't seem "hands on" enough for me, I wanna run up and smash things in the face with mah staff lol. Really liked it for onslaught type quests though, easy peasy to get the 20 quest requirements.

Soulwalker

I use the following macro for healing in my deep defiler build. Works well and alleviates the need to have separate key binds for to achieve the same results. I am leveling deep into tree so I have two spells listed here but you can modify what you have. You will need a separate mouseover macro if you're needing to heal people in a group.

#show Ghastly Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @targetstarget Ghastly Restoration
    cast @targetstarget Loathsome Restoration

Why is this spec not called Def/Cab For Cutie?

+ Reply to Thread