+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [SL] 54 puri / 22 Sent Expert Dungeon Heal

Default [SL] 54 puri / 22 Sent Expert Dungeon Heal

This is the spec i run for doing both normal and expert lvl 60 dungeons. I was gonna post it earliere but wanted to test it out in experts first.

54 Puri, 22 Sent , 0 Ward

Buffs:
    Wisdom of the ages
    Eruption (on tank)
    Sign of faith
    Heroic Resolve
    Caregivers Blessing

Cooldowns:

Healer's Covernant
    Spirituel Conflagration
    Rite of the forge
    Urgency
    Gathering of flames
    Flashover
    Touch the light
    Latent Blaze

Macros:

#show Touch the light
    cast touch the light
    cast Flashover
    cast Latent Blaze

#show touch the light
    cast touch the light
    cast Flashover
    cast ward of fire

#show Healing breath
    cast healing breath
    cast healing flare

#show Gathering of Flames
    cast gathering of flames
    cast symbol of the hearth

#show ward of fire
    cast symbol of the sun
    cast ward of fire

Priority:

Keep up Latent Blaze macro on tank at all time (crit 18k for me, it is worth using during combat.)
    For tank healing you use Symbol of the sun macro. Use Healing breath macro on the move, or instant Ward of Fire macro if needed. Ward of Scorching is used as emergency only.
    Keep up Gathing of the flames (Does not give burnout) and Symbol of the Sun (will proc on 2 more than target when cast) for covering the aoe damage. Symbol of the hearth is much weaker than Symbol of the Sun and is only used if you are pressured and need to get some aoe shielding up quickly. Use the Healing breath macro to top off party members.
    Dont be afraid to use your cooldowns during trash or boss fights, tank damage is HIGH.

This spec gives up some raw healing/absorbtion talent for some awesome utilty, such as shorter global cooldown on dispell, 50 % run speed (this is acutally very nice for saving people if they are slow to avoid a 1 shot) and the no pushback.
    Last edited by Salazar666; 11-20-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

Rift Disciple

I'm using the same spec but with the sentinel blessing. Definitely the best mt tank spec I've come up with.

Soulwalker

How do you handle high group damage with this build?!

I handle most aoe just fine with keeping all the group members shielded with symbol of the sun and gathering of flames, and then just topping them of with instant heals. There are bosses where i need support heals, like 3rd boss of storm queen instance. If you just started doing the expert dungeons, using a support heal like bard,chloro or defiler helps alot.
    Last edited by Salazar666; 11-22-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    World first Maelforge! -World First Cyril kalmar! -World Second Murdantix! - World second Laethys!

thank you for the spec, but why didnt you put a point in sentinels blessing ? isn't it good enough for 1 point even?

He already has a point in Caregiver's Blessing in the Puri tree and the 2 blessings do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    thank you for the spec, but why didnt you put a point in sentinels blessing ? isn't it good enough for 1 point even?
    Yea, basicly what kiralia said. I feel the caregiver's blessing is alot betting for covering the aoe damage, since you will be shielding the group members for that 1 k more.

Rift Disciple

Quik suggestion, tie the Hb HF macro to cast @mouseover and with tank targeted if mouse is not hovered over someone else it will hit him.
    Last edited by scott0301; 11-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Shadowlander

I tried something similar to this with 1 more purifier 1 less sentinel. I found it too hard to AE heal in case someone does something stupid. Shields only protect so much and with the big delay on shields people get hurt easily in that time. You have no backup incase you need AE heals. There you have to heal them instead of tank, since 0 AE in this, or let them die. In an expert this is a horrible spec unless only tank will get hit. Mobs hit a lot harder in experts on those without toughness and the shields you can cast on party don't cut it all the time. Only time I found this useful was with a good bard or a partial chloro dps.

Quote Originally Posted by nondeplume View Post
    I tried something similar to this with 1 more purifier 1 less sentinel. I found it too hard to AE heal in case someone does something stupid. Shields only protect so much and with the big delay on shields people get hurt easily in that time. You have no backup incase you need AE heals. There you have to heal them instead of tank, since 0 AE in this, or let them die. In an expert this is a horrible spec unless only tank will get hit. Mobs hit a lot harder in experts on those without toughness and the shields you can cast on party don't cut it all the time. Only time I found this useful was with a good bard or a partial chloro dps.
    Im not sure what you mean by mobs hitting harder on people without toughness, i've found few fights where the dps is tanking the mobs tbh :/. For me this has worked quite well, ofc when i just started doing expert dungeons i ran with support aswell ( 1 defiler). That is just how the game is atm when you are a bit poorly geared, and there are ofc stil encounters where i cant quite cover the aoe healing, but the shields sure do make up for alot of peoples mistakes.

Maybe you tried this spec in exodus of the storm queen? 1 and 3rd boss can be tough on the aoe healing, els i havent really had problems.

I ran this in the 10 man aswell yesterday and it worked fine. Covered the tank healing and shielded raid avoiding 1 shots, had a tact and bard cover raid healing (First boss example). The spec could ofc be improved since you dont need the run speed or dispell in the 10 man.

I used puri/sent tank healing build already before SL. It is hands down the best tank healing spec. But like stated before for AE healing this spec is bad and I mean bad. The expert dungeons have "a lot" of aoe dmg, the shield will absorb only part of that dmg. There are numerous of bosses that you cannot heal in this spec without an aoe healer as support. Bards are great, but on some bosses I prefer either a chloro aoe healing or the chloro going MT heals and have a full warden aoe heal. Full warden at the moment tops any aoe healing, bards can only do so much and without a target on fights with LOS bards and chloros are not the best.

I'm sure they will nerf it at some point like they did with all the other dungeons after launching the game. But for now you need a support healer to keep the aoe dmg in check.

The 10 man is actually made easier to help people gear up. So don't think the 20 man raid dmg will be as low as in the 10 man.

Don't get me wrong this spec is an amazing tank healing spec, but for the amount of aoe dmg in expert dungeons especially for healers not yet raid geared you want a backup aoe healer.

Rift Disciple

With a very similar 54/22 build I solo healed all experts as soon as I could queue. You don't really need an ae heal. (Minus that 3rd boss of exodus)

Quote Originally Posted by Grocket View Post
    With a very similar 54/22 build I solo healed all experts as soon as I could queue. You don't really need an ae heal. (Minus that 3rd boss of exodus)
    Yea that boss is out of control :P

The 3rd boss in Exodus is actually easy. All you need is a chloro and a warden, chloro running MT heals, warden aoe, but Warden/Sent with aoe cleanse. When the warden and the chloro cleanse each one stack of the debuff its actually pretty easy.

Rift Disciple

Easy with two healers, yes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast