Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: [SL] 61 Inquisitor Guide

Ascendant

Default [SL] 61 Inquisitor Guide

<Full Guide Located on Addiction Website>

**Updated for 2.1 Hotfix #7

I've also cleaned up the guide and made it easier to understand.
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-06-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Awwww you're such a softy <3

Plane Touched

Can multiple Inq's put their links on the same tank so that they all benefit from Rage Blight?
    Or is it limited to 1 link per person?

Also, do you want to wait to use Radical until you have used Scrutiny for the 3rd time so you get two shots at it again?
    Last edited by Mizza; 11-12-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mizza View Post
    Can multiple Inq's put their links on the same tank so that they all benefit from Rage Blight?
    Or is it limited to 1 link per person?
    It is not intended to stack, but I have not recently tested this (some hotfix may have bugged it, etc, etc.) I will test later tonight to confirm it is working correctly in the latest build.
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It is not intended to stack, but I have not recently tested this (some hotfix may have bugged it, etc, etc.) I will test later tonight to confirm it is working correctly in the latest build.
    Cheers! When I tried it in Beta 1 I believe you could stack but that was agesss ago when defiler wasnt even complete yet.

Also, would you be able to answer 2nd part of the question above? You probs didnt see it cos I editted it

"Is it best to wait until Scrutiny has been used a 3rd time before you use Radical? Just so that you get 2 goes of Scrutiny."

Ascendant

Cheers! When I tried it in Beta 1 I believe you could stack but that was agesss ago when defiler wasnt even complete yet.

Also, would you be able to answer 2nd part of the question above? You probs didnt see it cos I editted it

"Is it best to wait until Scrutiny has been used a 3rd time before you use Radical? Just so that you get 2 goes of Scrutiny."
    Yeah, I should clarify that.

You definitely want to get maximum uses on your cooldowns, and that's only possible by waiting until SS is available again.

The only situation where you might use Radical Coalescence before SS is if a boss is about to die and you wouldn't get the full benefit anyways.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Yeah, I should clarify that.

You definitely want to get maximum uses on your cooldowns, and that's only possible by waiting until SS is available again.

The only situation where you might use Radical Coalescence before SS is if a boss is about to die and you wouldn't get the full benefit anyways.
    Alright sweet, thanks for clearing that up!

Appreciate the guide

Ascendant

Alright sweet, thanks for clearing that up!

Appreciate the guide
    I updated the guide to clarify, but I hope it doesn't confuse people. It's a bit more complicated than 51 Inquisitor.

Something wrong with posting them on this forum Ahov?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Something wrong with posting them on this forum Ahov?
    What's with the hate? How about thanks Ahov for sharing some of your work with the community?

~thanks Ahov another good guide, it is appreciated!
    SOUL FORGED 4/4 TotDQ - 4/4 FT - 4/5 EE www.soul-forged.com
    Blytz - Rogue
    Vyo - Mage
    Dyzmal - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Blytzz View Post
    What's with the hate? How about thanks Ahov for sharing some of your work with the community?
    Strangely, when I come to read a guide in the guides section of the forums I do not expect to visit a third party website to read it.

As for the hate... what hate?

For those who do not wish to visit a 3rd party site in order to view the guide here it is copy pasted....of course unless the author adds any changes here it could be out of date in 5 mins time.

[SL] 61 Inquisitor
    by Ahov on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am

http://i.imgur.com/n0HFl.png61 Inq/11 Warden/4 Defiler is the top raiding Inquisitor DPS spec, and at the moment is our top DPS spec if you can maintain Rage Blight stacks.

Macros

Nysyr's cooldown

#show Nysyr's Rebuke
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast tidal surge
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke

Pre-Nysyr's BoD

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast fanaticism
    cast bolt of depravity

Spam (scourge at bottom allows for casting while facing away)

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast bolt of retribution
    cast waterjet
    cast scourge

Priorities and situational explanations

(Spiritual Scrutiny) hardcast BoD>Scourge>NR>SH>BoD>(Radical Coalescence)>BoD>NR>SH>BoD

The above cooldown block will be used for all circumstances unless the boss is going to die before your next Spiritual Scrutiny is available. In that case you would use Radical Coalescence as soon as its available to get a final burst of dps. This will not happen very often.

Apply your fresh Spiritual Scrutiny as soon as the old one falls off, unless you know this will be your last SS. Otherwise, prioritize Scourge>5-stack BoD>SH>BoR. If your Nysyr's Rebuke is available and you already have two stacks of Life-and-Death Concord, complete that stack and cast BoD before NR. This is an even bigger dps increase if that particular BoD will be casted with Fanaticism, due to Zealotry (so a 30% crit bonus on that NR). Again, only use fanaticism on BoD directly before Nysyr's Rebuke

In a realistic fight, you will want to use your final Spiritual Scrutiny not immediately, but timed with your final Nysyr's Rebuke (since it's your last one anyways you may as well use it with your highest damage). Something else yet to be considered by me is how Flaring Power will affect when we use our cooldowns. This is going to come down to fight duration, of course, and must be considered on an individual basis.

Regarding Soul Drain: this is a very efficient aoe skill. What I mean by this is it does not subtract from your ST dps provided there are multiple targets, and in best case scenarios it will add to your ST dps.

If your normal priority skills are not available when you need to move, first apply Dehydrate (it is now instant!) and then Marrow Harvest. If nothing else is available, spam your macro with Waterjet, but in most cases the movement will be limited to a few GCDs. To maximize Rage Blight stacks, apply Link of Distress on a tank if you're not running a full Defiler, otherwise any player you feel will receive more damage. (Generally a melee DPS, but this will vary from encounter to encounter.)

If your current encounter is melee-friendly, consider standing in melee. Shroud of Agony is some nice passive dps.
    Last edited by kiralia; 11-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Shadowlander

How is this dps comparing to the other classes? competitive enough to be accepted into raids?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DjVerko View Post
    How is this dps comparing to the other classes? competitive enough to be accepted into raids?
    Last tested at equal or higher to rogues, but that is dependent on how much movement is required, whether or not you can stay in melee, and how many stacks of Rage Blight you can maintain.

Thanks for the awesome guide been away myself a long time and am happy to see people still making great guides like this.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast