+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leveling a Cleric - Duracell 1.11

Default Leveling a Cleric - Duracell 1.11

First off, I have to give thanks to "Halfelfaedyn" on Rift.Zam.com for this build, All I have done is write it up as a levelling guide (with help from the famous "Dulfy's Cleric Corner", used the same format as it worked so well for me )

Here is the new Duracell 1.11 as created by Halfelfaedyn

OK, this is my first attempt at doing this, if you find any fault, or a better way to spread the points, please say...

I use macro's in this build to make it easier for levelling, but if you fancy a challenge, just put the abilities on separate hot bar keys..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level 10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    build - 3 Inquisitor/10 Justicar/0 Shaman

Macros:

Single target
    Code:
    #show bolt of radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast strike of judgment

Healing
    Code:
    #show Doctrine of Bliss
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Doctrine of Bliss

Buffs:
    Armor of Devotion – Increase Crit Hit chance
    Vengeance of the Winter Storm – cause your attacks to deal addition damage.

Strategy:
    Fairly straight forward at this level. You use Vex to pull mobs (this is a dot) and then spam your single target macro until the target is dead. You have no AoE abilities at this level so keep your pulls to single target. Use Doctrine of Bliss as your self heal.

Level 15
    Build: 10 inquisitor/10 justicar/0 shaman

Macros:

Single target
    Code:
    #show Sanction Heretic 
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast strike of judgment

Strategy: Exact same as level 10

Level 20
    Build: 14 inquisitor/10 justicar/ 2 shaman

Macros:
    No Change

Buffs
    Shroud of Agony - 20% chance when hit to deal Death damage to up to 10 nearby enemies over 6s

Strategy:
    Pulling with Vex is a must as it heals you for 6% of your max health over the duration, otherwise just as before.With Shroud of Agony on, you can do extra damage in a crowd, just remember to Vex everything to keep your health topped up.

Level 25
    Build: 20 inquisitor/10 justicar/3 shaman

Macros:

AoE
    Code:
    #show soul drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast soul drain

Strategy:
    Pretty much same as before – Vex and then macros. You can now use Harsh Disciplin as well as doctorin of bliss to heal up. Make sure you have "Shroud of Agony" on of you are AoEing

Level 30
    Build: 20 inquisitor/10 justicar/10 shaman

Macros:

Single target
    Code:
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast massive blow
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast strike of judgment

Strategy:
    You now have Ride the Lightning to get you into the fight quicker,it also damages the targeted enemy and damages all others on the way past. Also useful for breaking out of any movement imparing effects.Otherwise, as before, tag with vex to heal yourself and mash single/aoe macro

Level 35
    Build: 20 inquisitor/13 justicar/13 shaman

Macros:

Single target
    Code:
    #show Sanction Heretic 
    suppressmacrofailures 
    cast Sanction Heretic 
    cast Massive Blow 
    cast Bolt of Radiance 
    cast strike of judgment 
    cast ekkehard's grasp

Healing
    Code:
    #show Glacial Shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Shield
    cast Doctrine of Bliss

Buffs:
    Righteous Mandate – put this on the tank to help heal him as you DPS if you are running 5 man dungeons.

Strategy:
    Use Glacial Shield on a pull, otherwise it's the same as before, this time your single target macro has a ranged attack in it so any mobs out of melee range, you cast ekkehard's grasp doing 115+ damage to them.

Level 40
    Build: 20 inquisitor/16 justicar/17 shaman

Macros:

AoE
    Code:
    #show Soul Drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Drain
    cast Even Justice

Strategy:
    Not much new here except your AoE macro can now be spammed.remember to cast Vex on your targets to keep the healing flowing, Doctrine of Bliss when you need a quick boost.Don't forget Harsh Disciplin when the last target is nearly dead to finish it off and heal yourself.

Level 45
    Build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...wz0Mz.Eo0th.-9 (20 inquisitor/19 Justicar/20 shaman

Macros:
    No Change

Buffs:
    Glory of the Chosen - Weapon attack heals you for a small amount

Strategy:
    No major changes....keep at it...

Level 50
    Build: 20 inquisitor/25 justicar/21 shaman

Macros:
    No Change

Strategy:
    Tag as many targets as possible with vex. Use Ride the Lightning if possible when you get snared. Gather the mobs up and try to have them all face you. Mash your AoE macro until all dead; use your ST macro if there’s a straggler or two. If you get really low on health use doctrine of bliss a few times. When low on mana, hit purpose immediately after a soul drain for quick mana recharge.

I have to say thanks to everyone who has tested this as they level. You may notice I've moved 1 point from Justicar into Shaman at level 50 compared to the original build, this just seems to work better for me, feel free to mix the points up and let me know how you get on.

Excellent. I loved the Duracell Cleric and was sad to see it go.

Since I don't play a Cleric a lot, it was the perfect one for me (both as my level 50 for grinding PA and gathering materials, and because I'm currently leveling up a 2nd Cleric on the Defiant side).
    Damaged - Hailol: Daermoon, Berillion (both 60)
    Fire and Ice - Hailol: Proclus Lycaeus, Wolframm, Ephrus, Shvaai (all 60)
    The Lords of Chaos (Private) - Hailol: Ennal, Eldr, Yamule (all 60)
    Unguilded on Faeblight - Benderis (17), unguilded on Brutwacht - Siebenundvierzig (17)

Interesting.

I'll have to give this a try to contrast with the Just Seer build.

I'm curious to see the total DPS output and survivability in comparison. On thing I miss in the Just Seer is an ability like Vex to spam and pull in mobs for the grinder. Also when the Seer let's off her sudden spam of attacks I usually end up chasing mobs that agro on her.

Thanks for posting!
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Soulwalker

Default Thank you for this both of you

I just returned to Rift only to see my cleric's Duracell build had been blown to smithereens. I was pretty upset and wondered if I was going to face in this game what I've been facing in every MMO (even the "new" one out there right now) which is nerf nerf nerf nerf into oblivion and/or changing things so much that a player can't actually get a groove or feel like they know their build before it gets bombed into extinction and they have to start from scratch....again. It happened to several of my characters so I'm a tad discouraged atm.

This looks promising and I'll have to give it a go. Glad to know others have played this build with success too. Again thank you to the person who took their time to make this build and to you for sharing it with us here on these forums.

Telaran

anyone tested this yet? I am back to Rift after a year and would be interested to know good solo/levelling specs. Seems you cannot avoid justicar, inq or sham souls for that all round ability dps and survivability as well as open PVP.
    Defiler is definitely a support healer at first glance and not for solo.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dawntreader View Post
    anyone tested this yet? I am back to Rift after a year and would be interested to know good solo/levelling specs. Seems you cannot avoid justicar, inq or sham souls for that all round ability dps and survivability as well as open PVP.
    The Duracell build is fantastic at lower levels at least. My cleric is currently 24 and it has been a breeze.

Soulwalker

I am playing in Scarwood reach at the moment, at level 38.
    Since 1.11 I used a preset (Thunderer) to get used to the changes but I had trouble staying alive when confronted with multiple opponents.
    This build is much better, I can close Rifts on my own without resurrections and to be honest the rotation is less complicated than the rotation of the Thunderer.
    Tip: I found out that at level 37 putting points in shaman gives you access to Avalanche Strike, put this in your AoE macro, until Even Strike comes available, it makes killing multiple enemies more easy.

I'm using this build myself as a level 50 cleric, doing conquest, warfronts and closing major rifts etc. without any problem...Doing a lot on Ember Isles as well, all solo (well, not solo pvp, but you know what i mean)...it can get hairy with more than 3 invasions, but it is survivable.

Don't use it much when in a party because people think i'm a tank and complain that I'm not tanking....

Default Soultree updated

I've noticed Halfelfaedyn has changed the soultree on his build a bit from when I wrote the guide, as is his right, so feel free to disregard what i've wrote when you get high enough and use Halfelfaedyn build instead, i'm gonna go test it out myself..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dawntreader View Post
    I'm currently lvl 30 and this build has been good to me so far. I pull entire stages in rifts mobs being lvl 28-30, and burn them down tapping my foot waiting on the next stage. It's a power house of fun.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the guide. Very well presented

Telaran

Echoing everyone else's thanks here. This is simple, effective, and fun to play... really couldn't ask for more tbh.

Sorry for the question, but I'm new to all of this. Are you using SnB or 2Hander with this build?

Thanks for the the time doing this. Looks great!

Soulwalker

I was wondering the same thing. I've been using a two-handed weapon this entire time, and was wondering if I should be using one-handed and off-hand or even one-handed and shield.

Telaran

I have seen several posts that indicate that weapon damage ceased to affect cleric damage as of several updates ago. Go with the combination that gives the best stats. I have done this with equivalent 2H vs 1H with tome and saw no difference. Though I have not done this with a parser.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast