+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Solo/farm build *The Just Seer*

Default Solo/farm build *The Just Seer*

I’v been playing around with a solo/farm build which works pretty well.
    I call it “The Just Seer” as I mainly use the Seer for AoE damage and healing.
    I have around 2200 SP / 1000 SC and can solo 6-7 level 50 elite wasps on the east coast of Ember Isle.
    The build works best with 4-set bonus from HK/ID and a Druid crystal.

The build:
    22 Justicar / 44 Druid / 0 (I mainly use Sherman)

You can go with just 21just/44druid and use the last point as you see fit, if you like.
    • 0 Shaman for max. AoE DPS, as Vengeance of the Winter Storm is adding to each Even Justice target.
    • 0 Puri for extra shield
    • 0 Sent for extra ST heal
    • 0 WDN for HoT
    • 0 Ing for extra ST DoT og the possibility to chain pull with Vex
    • 0 Caba for extra AoE, only if more then 6+ mobs and don’t need survivability(like if EJ spamming is not needed all the time.)

Pet's:
    • Seer - for max. AoE damage and healing, The buff Aid of the Forest heals more if Seer hit’s more.
    • *** Remember to activate Seer's AoE toggle, so it’s ST abilities becomes AoE attacks.
    • Satyr - for max. ST damage.
    • Healer for ST/AoE healing. Can be used as support/off-healer in dungeons.

Gear:
    • Druid crystal If you have HK/ID 4-set items - Combined Effort giver +300 SP to your Pet = more damage and healing.
    • Justicar Crystal If you have 2-3 HK/ID 4-set items. Forget about Combined Effort as it only hit one target, so spamming EJ is better.

Buffs:
    • Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    • Mein of Honor
    • Fury of the Fae
    • Aid of the Forest
    • Spirit of Upheavel(can’t remember if Spirit of the Trickster stacks with SoU, if not, then only use SoU)

Macro's:
    • AoE spammer: (if no Druid 4-set bonus, just use Even Justice instead of this macro)
      #show Even Justice
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast Combined Effort
      cast Even Justice

• ST spammer:
      #show Stike of Judgment
      suppressmacrofailures
      cast Combined Effort
      cast Bolt of Radiance
      cast Stike of Judgment

Key-binds:
    • M1 - macro 1 - AoE DMG
    • M2 - macro 2 - ST DMG
    • SoO - Shield of Oaks
    • SotF - Strength of the Fae
    • FS - Fae Step
    • RM - Righteous Mandate
    • EoL - Eruption of Life(Only for ST DMG)
    • HoD - Hammer of Duty((Only for ST DMG)
    • ND - Natural Dedication(Mainly when in a group )
    • ToI - Thorns of Ire(Only in a group, does not stack you some other classes similar buffs )
    • PP - Pet Passive
    • PD - Pet Defence

Rotation/playstyle:
    • AoE packs/farming
      Use SoO, (PP), ND and mount-up. Ride around and pull what you want. When mobs are gathered, spam M1, activate the pet(PD), Combined Effort are melee range, so make sure you always target a mob in melee range. When pet attack is started, then backup a little to make sure the Seer cone–attack hit’s all targets.
      Are your health dropping a little low, then pop a SotF. Re-cast SoO when it’s ready.
      You can also use your pet to tank 1-3 mobs, as Righteous Mandate healing with salvation can keep the pet up, just fine.

• ST fighting
      Deactivate Seers AoE toggle, or use Satyr. Jump the mob and hit EoL -> M2 -> M2 -> spam M2...
      Use HoD Whenever you have 4 Convictions. Keep EoL up at all time.
    Thats about it, have fun
    Last edited by TriX; 10-25-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

Rift Disciple

At first I laughed.....then I tried it. If this is not your grind spec going forward, your not right in the head.

Telaran

Well, golly, this works well.

In my version of the build, I also spent a point in greater satyr protector, which does only slightly less AoE damage than the faerie seer, but is far far tougher. Also, with the satyr protector, you can have righteous mandate on him(you can with any pet, obviously, but unless they're tanking, it's wasted overheals), which means double salvations on the protector from every target you hit, as well as single aid of the forests on the protecter from every target he hits. So, while the protectors health pool does look fairly small compared to yours, as far as I can tell he takes a good bit less damage than you would(with this spec, not a full justi/tank spec), and he'll get more healing than you would, due to righteous mandate.

With the satyr protector at my side, I was able to solo through a fair chunk of expert AP, through the first boss. The second boss killed me once, and then I gave up, but none of the trash was even the slightest bit of trouble. Certain expert boss mechanics would probably not be soloable, but even clearing the trash and such was fairly impressive.

Also, I have somewhat mediocre gear(at least by current standards), only 2 pieces of ID gear, both obviously not orange, the rest is HK level gear, but nothing orange there either. I do have greenscales orange 2h mace, but that's not BiS like it used to be. Anyways, the point of all that is to say I don't have crazy gear, and so my experiences with this build would not be above what any average cleric could achieve.

I made sure my seer was on defensive, and used her AoE toggle. However, she does not seem to do anything....

Otherwise I like this build.
    Last edited by divinehope; 10-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by divinehope View Post
    I made sure my seer was on defensive, and used her AoE toggle. However, she does not seem to do anything....

Otherwise I like this build.
    It's because there is a bug, so if you right-click her "toggle" ability, then it will just keep toggeling and untoggeling that instead of using the other damage abilities ^^
    So make sure its on and not auto-cast, you know the flashing thingie around the ability

I also tried the protector, it's possible to pull more mobs, but the overall DMG seems lower. If I pull 8-9 elites with the protector, the DPS is around 5200-5500, if I use the Seer I can get it up to around 7000-7200 DPS.
    Although if its a boss mob, I think using the protector is better.
    Last edited by TriX; 10-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.

EDIT:

I tried the Protector once more and tried to keep him orientated to the most mobs. I got the DPS up to around 6700-7000 that way. I think the reason for the lower DPS earlier, could be that I dident orientate him correct.
    So orientating the pet to hit most/all targets give much more DPS and thus more HPS due to Aid of the forest.
    Also the Protector has a 10 target AoE, so that gives quite a lot of extra DPS when pulling more then 5 targets

Quote Originally Posted by TriX View Post
    EDIT:

I tried the Protector once more and tried to keep him orientated to the most mobs. I got the DPS up to around 6700-7000 that way. I think the reason for the lower DPS earlier, could be that I dident orientate him correct.
    So orientating the pet to hit most/all targets give much more DPS and thus more HPS due to Aid of the forest.
    Also the Protector has a 10 target AoE, so that gives quite a lot of extra DPS when pulling more then 5 targets
    Yeah I tried the upgraded protector aswell, and like it a lot better too.

Telaran

With the Seer, I don't think it's really a bug with the AoE toggle, it's just that *YOU* toggle it on or off, instead of giving the pet the ability to toggle it. If you right-click on a pet ability, to give it the glowing border, that makes the pet 'auto-cast' whatever ability it is. If you right click the AoE toggle, your pet just stands there, using every GCD to toggle it on, then off, then on, then off.

So you give it a single normal left click to toggle it on, or to toggle it off again(when dealing with a single mob).

The one other thing to watch for is to make sure that when you click it yourself, that you actually see the little pink circle buff show up under the pets bar. The ability is not an 'off GCD' ability, and I haven't been able to figure out whether it is limited by our personal GCD or the pets GCD(it actually feels like it is limited by both). So you may click the button, but while the pet was already mid-cast on another ability, so it doesn't actually count as turning the toggle on or off. This is not usually an issue, if you click the toggle before getting into combat, but when you try to change during combat, it can require a few clicks to get it in there.

The Satyr Protectors single vs aoe are actually 2 separate attacks, both spammable by the pet, with no CD. So if you have both right-clicked into the 'ON' position(with glowing borders), it seems to only do the AoE... I'm not sure if the pet goes down the cast bar from right to left or something(on my pets cast bar, the AoE is to the right of the single target), and just casts the first available, not on cooldown ability?

Anyways, the protectors aoe/single *IS* easily switchable while in combat, you just right click 'off' the ability you're switching from, and right click 'on' the ability you are switching to. In this case, you are not left clicking to actually tell the pet to directly cast the ability now(like when you left click the seers toggle), you are just turning on/off the pets own ability to auto cast the ability. This is not affected by any GCD.

Default Nice.

This is a great, flexible spec. Just solo-healed an expert with this and the healing pet out; did decent damage as well.

It's not Inquisicar or Cabicar, but it's the closest thing I've found. Thanks much for this one.

I've had great success with a build offered by a guildie of mine, Losthope.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0MAocohho.M.-9
    41 Justi / 23 Sham / 2 Puri - coined as the "Justaman"

In nearly full relic HK gear, and using shielding trinket / greaters, I've been able to solo just about everything in the game so far.

10+ EI elite wasps / beetles.

Would love to get input on this build from those testing the Just Seer and new Duricell.
    Last edited by nemecis; 11-01-2012 at 06:59 AM.

dbe
    General of Telara

Good spec, decent damage and survivability. I took one point out of Boundless Growth so I could get all 3 pets.

I'm not sure which pet is best for general soling.

I've also tried the Justicar/Shaman spec and while it definitely works, this one has a good deal more st and aoe damage (thanks in part due to the pets). Keeping up life surge and thorns of ire for st damage helps.

Didn't even need the shield really, but I suppose 5% speed is nice.

The downside is it's kinda boring and doesn't have much in the way of burst.

Rift Disciple

I'm trying out this build and I like it so far, but I've noticed my protector has insanely low health.

I'm using my DPS gear with not much endurance, but still, my endurance is at 506 putting my own health pool at 7000. My protectors health is 2900, almost identical to the health pool of the non tank pets.

Whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by insodus View Post
    I'm trying out this build and I like it so far, but I've noticed my protector has insanely low health.

I'm using my DPS gear with not much endurance, but still, my endurance is at 506 putting my own health pool at 7000. My protectors health is 2900, almost identical to the health pool of the non tank pets.

Whats up with that?
    You are probably using the weaker protector. Do what the person above you did, put a point in greater protector.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Im definitely going to try this build sounds interesting.

Ive been using 24J 22SH 20INQ and its awesome.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Default Thank you

Trix, you did something I didn't think would be possible. You came up with a great spec and made me forget about missing the Duracell...brilliant. Been using this for about a week now on EI; very survivable and decent DPS. Hats off to you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast