+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Lazy Shaman (For Macro Users)

Default The Lazy Shaman (For Macro Users)

The Shaman build I am currently using is the 51 shaman 15 druid. (0 point sentinel for the heal)

The 15 I put in druid are:

5 Guiding hand = +5% damage.
    5 Mercurial = +10% damage on instant casts.
    5 Brutal Impact= +10% physical damage ... This could be easily put into the INQUISITOR for spell power.

Now why this is the Lazy Build... The main macro is:

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Jolt
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

Lighting hammer is applied separately.

The only DPS loss is up front when rush of strength triggers (without being needed) and jolt may go off once without being under a crit. After that initial loss it is just click the macro and refresh lightening hammer when it falls off.

So far the actual damage is so close to using the non-phys and phys macros that it often out-parses the two button macro setup due to just clicking one macro.

Give it a shot. Especially if your lazy !

Thanks for this, I'm curious as to the difference with the hardmode rotation, someone who is skilled with it should do a parse.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 10-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Plane Walker

uuh there is a lot of dps loss with this macro.. For starters Jolt is really terrible dps when it is not boosted, and should never be proritized over Massive Blow or Combined Effort, even after a crit. To be honest i think if you want an easier rotation Druid is the way to go unless you really want to play Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    uuh there is a lot of dps loss with this macro.. For starters Jolt is really terrible dps when it is not boosted, and should never be proritized over Massive Blow or Combined Effort, even after a crit. To be honest i think if you want an easier rotation Druid is the way to go unless you really want to play Shaman.
    Jolt just needs to be used within 6 seconds of a crit for the boost, do you ever go that long without a crit?

I put jolt before massive blow just to add in another thing that can trigger the physical damage increase before massive blow.

Test out the spec - really doesnt loose much if any, and may even be more overall than the split phys/non-phys dual macro builds.

Plane Touched

There is no point playing Shaman if youre just going to try and ezmode it with macros, this isnt the spec for it. Using your build/rotation parsed less than both druid and inq for me by a fair amount. The best build isnt even 15 druid. Its 10 druid 5 inq.

Just suck it up and play it normally, it aint even that hard. 1 2 1 3 1 4/5 1 4/5 is not difficult by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Thanks for this, I'm curious as to the difference with the hardmode rotation, someone who is skilled with it should do a parse.
    Not even going to bother to post it. Just going to say that it parses significantly lower then hardmode shaman, and even parses lower then the easiest of setups for Druid and Inq. As such, if your a player having issues with Shaman, i would suggest trying Druid, which, while its 5 or so buttons, is very simple in design and rotation and is only a few hundred behind on parses. If that's not appealing, simply go rang and Inquisitor it up. It still needs 3-4 macros/buttons minimum to run properly but doesn't require melee which makes things significantly easier in most situations..

After everyone telling me how bad this is I went back and did some more tests on the dummy. My findings still give me the same results.

2500 SP

Pulling between 3400-3600 over time with the lazy version.
    Pulling between 3400-3600 over-time by alternating physical and non-physical macros.

Both while keeping lightening hammer up.

I have no trouble with macros, rotations, or priority lists. Did you other guys that are putting this down really try the macro. I mean its fine to use the INQ version of the build so you don't have to reset the points.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    After everyone telling me how bad this is I went back and did some more tests on the dummy. My findings still give me the same results.

2500 SP

Pulling between 3400-3600 over-time by alternating physical and non-physical macros.

I have no trouble with macros, rotations, or priority lists. Did you other guys that are putting this down really try the macro. I mean its fine to use the INQ version of the build so you don't have to reset the points.
    Yes I did try it, and got much worse. I have 200 more SP than you yet am doing 4.2k as opposed to your 3.4k using physical macro and separating all spell attacks. I doubt 200 SP is the difference between 600-800 DPS, so you may be playing the alternating way wrong.

2500 SP

You wanted a test... i couldn't fall asleep tonight... so here you go. Done on PTS. Parses were done on lvl 50 merdian dummies. Did 3 parses of each version. Parses were 3 minutes long. Posted the highest parse below.

51 shaman 15 druid build: 2672 SP, 1091 SC self buffed with Powerstone/Vial.
    Lazy version: 3829 (3 minutes)
    Traditional version: 4014 (3 minutes)

51 shaman 10 druid 5 inq build: 2897 SP, 1091 SC self buffed with Powerstone/Vial.
    Lazy version: 4264 (3 minutes)
    Traditional Version: 4449 (3 minutes)

For reference... Inq was hitting about 4100, Druid around 4300.

Now results may differ for people based on SP, skill level, lag, and other factors. I purposely tried to parse with no one else on the dummy. Is it possible i missed something?... sure.. but i didn't see anyone on it when i did my parses.

However the results speak for themselves. I took 3 things out of this...

1: The Lazy macro isnt quite as big a dps loss as i thought 150-200 or so (first impressions told me 300+)
    2: The 10 druid / 5 inq version beat up the 15 druid version by a solid ~400dps.
    3: Even if your running the higher parsing 10 druid / 5 inq version... the mostly simplistic druid is superior to the lazy macro and wont suffer to disconnects as bad due to the pet. And if you have issues with Melee, your probably better off taking the 100-150 dps loss and going range and doing the Clinging spirit job.

Now could i of made mistakes here or there? Sure... its 2:30 am, i cant fall asleep, and im getting down to some Deadmau5 and glitch mob while parsing. But id still consider my results reasonably telling.

Good night all... going to try and fall asleep again. Typing all this crap down has made me tired finally.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 10-19-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks for the post OP.

So much butt hurt in this community

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    However the results speak for themselves. I took 3 things out of this...

1: The Lazy macro isnt quite as big a dps loss as i thought 150-200 or so (first impressions told me 300+)
    2: The 10 druid / 5 inq version beat up the 15 druid version by a solid ~400dps.
    3: Even if your running the higher parsing 10 druid / 5 inq version... the mostly simplistic druid is superior to the lazy macro and wont suffer to disconnects as bad due to the pet. And if you have issues with Melee, your probably better off taking the 100-150 dps loss and going range and doing the Clinging spirit job.
    First thanks for your honest test.

A loss of 150-200 DPS on the DUMMY, for a more simplistic version of the shaman is acceptable to me and likely others. As the name of the build implies this is for those that don't want to manage other buttons, have other things to do during a raid, or are just plain lazy but like playing the shaman.

I would like to point out that in my raid tests, during actual raids, this build doesn't suffer from rotation screw ups like the alternating versions. So for whatever reason, during raids, the lazy macro often comes out ahead of the alternating method.

lol at calling alternating between two keys "difficult"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    lol at calling alternating between two keys "difficult"
    You've inspired me, I think I will write a guide for every soul with the most lazy macros there can be. Thanks!

Rift Chaser

Why isn't Deep Freeze in this macro?
    "Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." Eliot

You've inspired me, I think I will write a guide for every soul with the most lazy macros there can be. Thanks!
    I appreciate lazy specs as much as the next guy but honestly with Shaman set up for optimal DPS (using three macros and going 123212121212123212121212123) I have to pay attention even less than in Inquisitor and that's saying a lot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast