+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: [Video] M*A*S*H Justicar/Shaman/Warden PVP @ Rank 4

Added first Rank 8 video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxE9xy4O6UU
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

This mash spec has been a real treat. No get out of jail free card, but oh what a treat it was at dex to pop a rogue out of stealth with maelstrom. More survivability helps as well, especially at my facestomped level. Also use it to tank rifts with, as much as any clown with a 2h can tank. Dol is nice.

One note: I didn't realize the Surging Rapids in Warden buffs instant-cast HoTs. I had believed it only applied to instant-cast heals that were not HoTs (e.g. Doctrines).

I confirmed that SR does buff HoTs this morning.

From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Errosion View Post
    If you keep Warden for the 15%, you are only boosting DoL and Healing Spray
    Yet another reason for why Surging Rapids is an excellent talent for healing specs.
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

So now you have me interested in this MASH spec. As a r6 cleric who has been fairly successful with my pvp healing build, I really couldn't find a build to suit my dps needs. Although I'm aware that MASH is a healing spec, it looks like it has enough abilities to satisfy my dps side and still be beneficial to the team. I've played a 51 shaman/11 just/4 warden before, and it was fun, but it'll be interesting to see how this build will compare.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rajster View Post
    So now you have me interested in this MASH spec. As a r6 cleric who has been fairly successful with my pvp healing build, I really couldn't find a build to suit my dps needs. Although I'm aware that MASH is a healing spec, it looks like it has enough abilities to satisfy my dps side and still be beneficial to the team. I've played a 51 shaman/11 just/4 warden before, and it was fun, but it'll be interesting to see how this build will compare.
    More healing, more survivability, more utility, less dps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by z4oslo View Post
    +1 for this thread.

I have tried many different builds, and its hard to find a build that can do eevrything well.
    Right now i have 51 INQ 15 warden 0 druid

Pros:
    Very good damage for single target.
    Many control spells
    2 pushbacks, one from warden and one from inq, really handy in codex.
    passive heals from druid pet and warden, i can focus on my damage while im healed. Also extra heals if im critically hit
    group heals

cons:
    no break free from templar
    Many spells to maintain. you wont be able to hotkey everything you need.

Still its a fun build, and very good 1 vs 1
    Much better specs 1v1 than 51 inq. If a rogue jumps you you're toast.

Just tried this spec out as a 40 cleric. Got jumped by a 50 rogue and 40 warrior while questing. Pretty much destroyed them, several times. Thanks
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Soulwalker

Thumbs up (all 4) for one of the most interesting pvp specs for clerics!

Telaran

fun spec. thank you. i am leveling my cleric now but was wondering what skills will benefit from stormborn. have you tried vengeance of the frozen earth, lust for blood. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicslip View Post
    fun spec. thank you. i am leveling my cleric now but was wondering what skills will benefit from stormborn. have you tried vengeance of the frozen earth, lust for blood. thanks.
    Stormborn boosts Jolt and Lightning Hammer damage.

Lust For Blood is more applicable to a Shaman-heavy spec which uses Physical damage abilities such as Massive Blow + Crushing Blow as the core rotation.

Vengeance of the Frozen Earth sucks in PVP, you don't want to snare unless you want to snare. Otherwise you give a target root/snare immunity.
    Taugrim

Quote Originally Posted by Rudin View Post
    hey Taugrim!

I tried this spec before but with templar instead of warden. I have something to add if you dont mind- Whenever I play any setup with a Justicar soul I keep both mien buffs hotkeyed so I can rotate between tank buff and heal/dps buffs whenever I need. It is really nice to get all the survivability from tank mien when you get focused or is about to and then you can insta go back to heal or DPS just wasting one global cooldown for it.

If you decide to give it a try let me know how it goes
    you can macro these:

cast [notactive] mien 1
    cast [notactive] mien 2

Free up a hotkey =]
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    you can macro these:

cast [notactive] mien 1
    cast [notactive] mien 2

Free up a hotkey =]
    Wow that's a brilliant tip
    Taugrim

Telaran

Default ---Question to the playerbase---

As a rank 8 cleric who still enjoys the thrill of pvp, albeit via war fronts or open world pvp...has the current player base found a different (read MORE viable) pvp spec?

A spec that would be as well rounded, important as M*A*S*H*?

Yes Shield of Faith got a HUGE nerf, yet still...the mitigation was just a small portion of the viability of this build...

Feedback requested....

I'm in search of any better soul point investment possible....yet I can not fathom it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by beemoved View Post
    As a rank 8 cleric who still enjoys the thrill of pvp, albeit via war fronts or open world pvp...has the current player base found a different (read MORE viable) pvp spec?

A spec that would be as well rounded, important as M*A*S*H*?

Yes Shield of Faith got a HUGE nerf, yet still...the mitigation was just a small portion of the viability of this build...

Feedback requested....

I'm in search of any better soul point investment possible....yet I can not fathom it.
    I use a build I put together that is quite similar to MASH. Justicar and Shaman are pretty much identical, but I use inq instead of ward. It works very, very well. Heals may be a bit lower, but so much is gained from switching ward with inq, especially since I wanted more DPS.

The first talent in warden, the 10% instant damage one, only applies to instant cast SPELLS. Most of the melee attacks that do life damage are not spells. (The cleric dev recently posted an in depth explanation of all the different terminology for types of damage and abilities, so I am just going off memory).

Inquisitor gives a ranged mana regen, 5% spell crit, 20% more crit heal/dmg, a purge, and sanction heretic.. as well as a few other things, depending on exactly how you spec and what you use. I prefer it quite a bit to the MASH build in this guide. But, that is just my personal opinion. MASH is and always has been a fantastic build.

<-- P4 cleric who can take on P6 players, albeit more people than not are pretty poor at PvP in this game. Unless you hit me 2k a hit, or constantly stun/silence, I am not going to by any means be an easy target just because I am a cleric with under 5k HP.

Although, I assume that valid cleric PvP builds, especially in terms of hybrids, will be changing around quite a bit when 1.7 goes live.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 12-30-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    I use a build I put together that is quite similar to MASH. Justicar and Shaman are pretty much identical, but I use inq instead of ward. It works very, very well. Heals may be a bit lower, but so much is gained from switching ward with inq, especially since I wanted more DPS.

The first talent in warden, the 10% instant damage one, only applies to instant cast SPELLS. Most of the melee attacks that do life damage are not spells. (The cleric dev recently posted an in depth explanation of all the different terminology for types of damage and abilities, so I am just going off memory).

Inquisitor gives a ranged mana regen, 5% spell crit, 20% more crit heal/dmg, a purge, and sanction heretic.. as well as a few other things, depending on exactly how you spec and what you use. I prefer it quite a bit to the MASH build in this guide. But, that is just my personal opinion. MASH is and always has been a fantastic build.

I assume that valid cleric PvP builds, especially in terms of hybrids, will be changing around quite a bit when 1.7 goes live.

has trion given us any inclination as to what 1.7 might bring?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast