+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: [Video] M*A*S*H Justicar/Shaman/Warden PVP @ Rank 4

Quote Originally Posted by Nordain View Post
    I usually facepalm when I see this spec in warfronts.
    I'm in your battlegroup now, so you'll get to facepalm more often.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

This is going to hurt your spec a little looks like your going to have to swap to Mien of leadership even more than previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    JUSTICAR
    * Shield of Faith: Now reduces all damage by 2-10%.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post
    One thing to keep in mind: rank / gear.

I don't think we've grouped up since August. I was rank 1-4 back in August, and that was before Valor normalization.

If you end up moving over with Irony to Dayblind, it would be great to group up again.
    10-28 according to the last screenshot I have of us in the same warfront.

I did 347k in a whitefall you did 158k + 100k damage

[Video] M*A*S*H Justicar/Shaman/Warden PVP @ Rank 4-2011-10-28_005644.jpg
    Last edited by Covenn; 11-09-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Irony - Pathiss

My opinion is that this spec has a place, it is obviously not the best healing or dps spec but it is an interesting hybrid spec. I would use it possibly where either your low ranked and dying alot as a dead healer has 0 heals or where your getting focused hard in a wf because of your healing and your own and others heals aren't keeping you alive. If you ask any tanks mitigation > heals for spike damage. This build is a mitigation/healing hybrid.

As you said covenn there are better healing specs what this spec does is help those who aren't helping to heal because they are constantly rezzing at the grave yard.
    Last edited by Orst; 11-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    10-28 according to the last screenshot I have of us in the same warfront.

I did 347k in a whitefall you did 158k + 100k damage

Attachment 6947
    This was < 2 weeks ago and I don't even remember, isn't that sad?

Quote Originally Posted by Orst View Post
    This is going to hurt your spec a little looks like your going to have to swap to Mien of leadership even more than previously.
    Yes, the reduction in 1.6 for Shield of Faith from 15% to 10% is a nerf to this spec in PVP.

We'll have to see how the changes look relative to other classes / specs to get a sense of the impact. Probably not spec-breaking.
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Ascendant

This was < 2 weeks ago and I don't even remember, isn't that sad?
    I usually have a bad case of CRS as well, don't feel too bad, heh. The 4 or so of us left playing part time moved to dayblind yesterday. I am leaving in the morning on a surf trip for a shade over a week, so you probably wont see me around for a bit. You should see Dissb,Vvix, and Salindra around here and there though.
    Last edited by Covenn; 11-10-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Orst View Post
    My opinion is that this spec has a place, it is obviously not the best healing or dps spec but it is an interesting hybrid spec. I would use it possibly where either your low ranked and dying alot as a dead healer has 0 heals or where your getting focused hard in a wf because of your healing and your own and others heals aren't keeping you alive. If you ask any tanks mitigation > heals for spike damage. This build is a mitigation/healing hybrid.

As you said covenn there are better healing specs what this spec does is help those who aren't helping to heal because they are constantly rezzing at the grave yard.
    Except you could go Senticar and be a better healer WITH better survivability.

I was watching one of the videos, the Codex one...and somehow I think rolling into a Codex with a premade of 4 Rank 8's and a Rank 4 is going to make any spec look good.

Outside of open world combat, I think these crazy hybrid "do everything, just nothing well" specs should be left at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    Agreed, but you'll hit like a wet noodle as well and have much more limited mobility compared to M*A*S*H.

I solo-joined a contested WFS match already in progress yesterday.

Just got edged out for top healing and I racked up 14 KB's, which was 3rd best for the whole match (behind 21 and 16). And the important thing is I got the KB on the EFC and stayed alive long enough in their base for our flag to reset for our initial cap.

Unfortunately I recorded the footage at half-size (new computer setup FTL), so I don't plan on using the footage.

I was watching one of the videos, the Codex one...and somehow I think rolling into a Codex with a premade of 4 Rank 8's and a Rank 4 is going to make any spec look good.
    Actually, most of the warfront videos I've posted on YouTube have not been with a full premade, for that reason:

Rank 4 (pre-Valor Normalization) - queued solo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnshxrtcY5Q

Rank 4 (post-Valor Normalization) - queued with 1 guildee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oCDqjk1fk

Rank 7 - queued solo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I01vCb3RA8

Rank 7 - queued with 1 R4 and 1 R8, the footage was only to show me strafe-kiting all the way from Scope around Codex to Statue under heavy fire, as Clerics here were voicing concern over how to survive right after 1.5 launched:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aImsGdM3vIw

The videos I post of warfronts tend to be for reasonably close too, not the faceroll wins which are ezmode.

Outside of open world combat, I think these crazy hybrid "do everything, just nothing well" specs should be left at the door.
    Did you give M*A*S*H an honest try, like the guy below did, or are you theorycrafting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jincks View Post
    Honestly. Before anyone knocks this spec, read this guys guide on it, then when you feel you have a comfortable grasp on how this spec works, you have the macros installed, and you can take your mind away from what a traditional cleric is, go out and run this spec. With 1400 SP/700 crit and P6 gear I topped the healing charts ALL night long in addition to putting out some impressive DPS. I tweaked this spec just a smidge for survivability purposes as I like to think Im a warrior and rush right into ****, but thats ok because with this spec Im able to take a BEATING.

I thought I tried all of the possible mixes, and matches for Cleric, but I missed this one, and must thank you for a very well put together, and thought out guide, and spec. This is by far the most fun I have had as a cleric, and I will continue smashing faces, and healing friendlies with it.
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-10-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Taugrim

I am leaving in the morning on a surf trip for a shade over a week, so you probably wont see me around for a bit.
    Have an awesome trip
    Taugrim

Ascendant

Have an awesome trip
    First 4 days looking good so far on the forecast. Head High + with offshores all day every day. The reef break should be firing.
    Irony - Pathiss

First 4 days looking good so far on the forecast. Head High + with offshores all day every day. The reef break should be firing.
    That sound awesome. Where are you going?

We were in Maui for a month this summer, and we were fortunate because two South Swells hit the island while we were there. I bodyboarded some 6-8 foot faces, felt like I was falling down the wave face forever. Although TBH it was dangerous to be out there at my experience level.
    Taugrim

Did you give M*A*S*H an honest try, like the guy below did, or are you theorycrafting?
    Yeah I haven't given MASH a try yet which is why I can't say one way or another if it is good personally, it appears a good hybrid in theory to me although it almost seems like it is trying to do alot in one spec. You'd have to use it alot to familiarise yourself with it I think.

With raid builds as a cleric I am lucky if I have 1 spec left for pvp so I like to try out specs for at least a week or two before swapping, maybe some day MASH will get a run.

I still roll a senticar raid heal build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...co.AuMo0xk.Vxk in most wf's after having tried 51 warden, ward/sent, senticar, inquisicar, 51 inquisitor, 51 cab at rank 5 atm.

My results to date have been 51 warden has the highest hps but isn't great at saving focused ppl due to my too low SP @rank5, warden/sent was good hps with some good ST heals but senticar has similar hps and ST heals and better survivability. MASH I assume would sit somewhere between senticar and inquisicar in terms of loosing some hps but gaining dps.

Just a random thank you Taugrim!

I've started PvPing and I'm using your build. I'm not great at the finer details yet but I will say it keeps me and those around me alive!

Really do appreciate the guide and time you spent putting it together!
    The Raider's Companion - A comprehensive guide to raiding based on ten years of experience. Now available! Learn to raid, complement your skills, build your legacy!
    The Guild Leader's Companion 2nd Edition - Leadership Through Serenity, Positivity, and Transparency
    @FerrelES

Plane Walker

+1 for this thread.

I have tried many different builds, and its hard to find a build that can do eevrything well.
    Right now i have 51 INQ 15 warden 0 druid

Pros:
    Very good damage for single target.
    Many control spells
    2 pushbacks, one from warden and one from inq, really handy in codex.
    passive heals from druid pet and warden, i can focus on my damage while im healed. Also extra heals if im critically hit
    group heals

cons:
    no break free from templar
    Many spells to maintain. you wont be able to hotkey everything you need.

Still its a fun build, and very good 1 vs 1
    Can I have your mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrel View Post
    Just a random thank you Taugrim!

I've started PvPing and I'm using your build. I'm not great at the finer details yet but I will say it keeps me and those around me alive!

Really do appreciate the guide and time you spent putting it together!
    Thanks! I appreciate it
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-11-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Taugrim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast