+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

RIFT Guide Writer

Default [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

Authorís Notes:
    [Current testing shows some Inquisitor specs with the right gear will pull ahead of melee builds]

My previous guides can be found:
    Original
    1.2 Version

Why Bring Inquisitor?
    • 7% additional magic damage debuff provided by Soul Drain (stacks with all others EXCEPT Censure and Neddra's Torture (3%)
    • AoE DPS is only slightly below an SC, but we provided ^^ to increase SC and others in raid (Should we have a Cabalist spec setup, our AoE is immense)
    • It's another cleric, capable of other roles if the need should arise

Stat Priority

Crit Rating: stack until you reach a *recommended* 50% raid buffed. This should provide you with maximum Corporal Punishment uptime (you can go higher without feeling a detriment, so I recommend going for the soft cap of 45% (which is counted before buffs, so basically just gear))
    Intelligence: provides 1 crit rating per and .26 sp
    Focus: Raid 1 cap is ~220, Raid 2 is ~320
    Spell Power: Begin stacking after youíve reached the recommended crit ratio
    Wisdom: increasess mana regeneration by .33 and spell power by .76 per

Corporal Punishment and Crit

Why shoot for 50% crit?
    - Maximizing Corporal Punishment (15% Life and Death damage increase) uptime.

But I read on another thread, you only need 33.3% factoring in raid buffs to do this?
    - On paper it works. However, Corporal Punishment only has a duration of 5 seconds, and can proc over itself, so it doesn't always last the full 5 seconds from the previous duration, making the calculations hard.
    - Example: Duration 1:46 (106 seconds), I had 25 Corporal Punishment procs (duration 5seconds, 5x25 = 125seconds) more than the duration of the actual fight, and yet it did NOT have 100% uptime.

So why is 50% the magic number?
    - Given the duration of 5 seconds, you have the ability to get off 1 Bolt of Depravity or 3 Bolt of Justice (in a perfect world). 50% crit allows you, in theory, to crit every 1 of 2 hits. Because CP can overwrite itself the only way to get as close to 100% uptime as possible would be to force it to keep refreshing.
    - It is impossible to crit 100%. 50% will allow you to crit as often as possible, maintaining a higher >usable< uptime, without gimping your spellpower.

Armor and Recommended Usage

Armor of Awakening: increases spell damage by 5%, critical hit rating by 5%, mana regeneration by 10%, and increases damage taken by the cleric by 5%
    Recommended: All PvE circumstances unless it runs the risk of death.

Armor of Devotion: increases Spell Power and Spell Crit by 42
    Recommended: PvP or when an increased chance of death from mechanic is forseen

Armor of Treachery: increases armor by 215 and Endurance by 50
    Recommended: Tank or when an increased chance of death from mechanics is forseen

The Builds

The Original 51/10/5 inq/sent/ward
    Pros
    • Maximizes spell power bonus on Vex and Sanction Heretic (total of 65%)
    • Provides minor off-healing via Healing Breath, Healing Spray, and Healing Current
    • Allows for movement based DPS via Waterjet
    • Will maintain the highest consistent single-target inquisitor DPS

Cons
    • AoE dps is less than that of some hybrids, specifically where Cabalist is concerned

The Criticar 46/10/10 Inq/sent/sham
    Pros
    • Provides 5% melee critical, which effects Soul Drain
    • Maintains highest single-target DPS with high crit and <1500 sp in raid.
    • Scales the best early on out of all other builds ( holds about 1000dps on dummy w/o magic debuffs ), falls behind when SP starts to reach higher levels
    • Provides an extra 20% bonus critical strike damage (totaling 60%)
    Cons
    • More reliant on critical hits to maintain its damage output due to the spellpower loss on Vex and Sanction Heretic
    • Less off-heals than the top build
    • No ability that allows for DPS while moving
    • AoE is the same as the first build

Melee inquisitor 40/21/5 Inq/Sham/Ward
    Pros
    • No real benefit except for playing around with. Still does good DPS but is no longer top.
    Cons
    • Requires the Inquisitor to be in melee ranged to be effective

The Offhealer 44/12/10 Inq/Justi/Sent

Pros
    • Provides nice offhealing via Justicar soul
    • Stacks Conviction using BoJ
    • Can provide large passive AoE healing using Soul Drain / CoO

Cons
    • Loses about ~200 DPS from other Inq specs

DPS Rotation and Tips
    Single Target Rotation:
    Sanction Heretic
    Vex
    [if in raid] Soul Drain (maintain this debuff at all times if you're raiding)
    BoJ spam, use Fanaticism + SH (if you're nto 51pt Inq, use Fanaticism with BoD)
    [If 51pt] Use Nysyrís Rebuke on cooldown
    [If Melee inquisitor] Be in melee range, use the macro provided below

Build 4:
    - Make sure you are using Salvation, Cavalier, Mien of Honor
    - Doctrine of Loyalty for quick AoE heals, stacking Conviction using BoJ spam
    - Use L&D procs as they come up, then return to normal rotation

AoE Rotation:
    Fanaticism + Soul Drain
    Will targets live long enough to dot? If yes then multi-target Vex, if no then go to next stepÖ
    Is Soul Drain up? If yes, cast.
    If not, use Circle of Oblivion.
    Otherwise, go Cabalist.

Tips + Macros
    - Only use Fanaticism with BoD or Soul Drain if you are <51pts. Use Fanaticism with Sanction Heretic and SD if you are 51pt build. They receive the highest benefit.
    - Make use of Waterjet/LV while moving, or if casting BoJ/BoD would force you to wait before refreshing DoTs
    - If at all possible, reapply DoTs when Corporal Punishment is up. CP's 15% damage boost only benefits spells cast while it is active, it does not passively effect DoTs already on the target.

Melee inquisitor Macro
    #show Sanction Heretic
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Sanction Heretic
    Cast Lightning Hammer
    Cast jolt
    Cast Bolt of judgment

Using this macro will require you to be in Melee range at all times, cast Vex separately and manually use BoD procs. Otherwise, this macro is spammable. The difference in DPS using a 1h vs a 2h is minimal at best.

Best in Slot Gear List
    • This items listed first are based on Focus and maintaing ideal Crit Ratio, not specific EP values.
    • Because it is important to maintain Focus cap and shoot for the ideal Crit Ratio prior to stacking SP, it is impossible to rate gear purely on an EP basis, thus outside of the ones I've listed as -best in slot-, it will be up to the indivdual to rate their current gear with any given upgrade according to those two factors.
    • If you can upgrade a piece of gear that allows you to maintain your Focus cap, and maintains at least a 1sp to 2sc ratio, then it is an upgrade.
    • I.E. 4sp vs 9sc, the piece with sc outweighs the piece with sp. 10sp vs 17sc, the sp outweighs sc.

Sokanon's Inquisitor BiS
    ^^^^ NOT UPDATED for HAMMERKNELL

Final Notes

We received yet another buff, but are still behind the melee. Further raid testing will reveal just how far the gap has closed, if any.
    Hope you enjoyed the write-up and you can look forward to future updates! Keep fighting for Inquisitor DPS!
    Last edited by Sokanon; 09-04-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Very pretty, Soks.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

RIFT Guide Writer

Thanks beawr. Apparently Vespera isn't accepting PMs, so I'm not sure how to get him/her to update the Compendium with this new link.

Might end up doing either a whole Cabalist based guide, or simply add it to potential AoE specs inside of this one, though it would be slightly misnamed heheh.

Hooray! I was getting panicky - it had been a week since a Sokanon post on 1.4. Now we see Sok was just busy!

Just a quick question. I've read many places that for raid tier 1 GSB you really only needed 200 focus and then when RoS hit you needed 220 for that. So with that and a few other post I have read the stated 300 focus in the tooltip is suppose to be accurate. Any way you could shed some light either way? Granted 20 focus is not a big deal but, min/maxers emo at single stat points that are wasted.

RIFT Guide Writer

I personally raided with 210 and 310 and have never missed with those. Anything less than the 210/310 mark and I will start to miss, from my own personal testing.

Afaik RoS and GSB require the same amount of focus.

Thanks for all the time and effort you make to put up these excellent guides!

Cheers!

/Khierra

Question for all of you.....

I'm new to playing a cleric but I ended up specing 51 inq 15 cab and 0 warden. I thought 5% SP, 5% more SD and 5% more damage on your channeled and dot spells would be pretty good....no?

RIFT Guide Writer

For Inquisitors due to CP uptime, it requires high crit. Crit benefits from all the crit bonuses (Sentinel or Shaman).

51/15 inq/cab is decent, but will actually parse below a 51/10/5 inq/sent/ward, and in a raid setting will parse less than 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham.

Soulwalker

I have not tested it yet, but wouldn't http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oigx0Vz.V0x.Vx 46/10/10
    inq/ cab/ sent be higher dmg spec then rest ? thx

RIFT Guide Writer

No, its not. Nysyr's Rebuke hits a lot harder, and with the increase in BoJ SP coefficient, it benefits further from the 20% crit bonus provided by Shaman. The 5% Melee Crit also effects Soul Drain crit (its considered a melee ability despite it having a cast).

Losing out on 20% DoT damage from Inquisitor to gain 5% spell damage isn't worth it overall.

If you smack the dummy using every spec known to ranged clerics, for at least 5 minutes a piece, and you show 46/10/10 parsing higher, than we'll go into it more. I simply provide the tested numbers... which reminds me... after tonight, the 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham is still consistently parsing less than 51/10/5 inq/sent/ward.

More testing will ensue to guarantee I have correct builds and information.

Question Sok, we know that Soul drain is effected by melee buffs, are you casting it as part of your rotation?

I know you're avoiding spell debuffs, but in a raid you are casting it secondly, faith in action does have an effect on it. One build has faith in action the other doesn't, when it comes to overall damage soul drain accounts for 10%-12% on single target, with faith in action, how is it without?

In a raid you may be getting melee buffs, which would effect soul drain damage, and change the outcome of dps between the two builds.

RIFT Guide Writer

On majority of fights, I am in charge of keeping it up. On Plutonus tonight I pulled 1581dps as 51/10/5. We did a few attempts for testing sake (love my guild), and 51/15 inq/cab and 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham both fell short consistently. I was easily over 1500 dps at the start and maintained it and then some with 51/10/5.

Soul Drain on a consistent rotation nets about 3-4% of my DPS w/o FiA.

On dummy testing, I am avoiding spell debuffs for the simple reason of comparing it to a Melee build on the dummy.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-07-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Good thread. Will be showing some guildies (as I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to make a thread like this on our guild forums).

I hit about 1.8k on Matron with 51 / 10sent / 5 Cabalist. Maxed at about 1.95k when I timed everything perfectly.

Going to try a Cabalist build there tomorrow.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fractus View Post
    Good thread. Will be showing some guildies (as I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to make a thread like this on our guild forums).

I hit about 1.8k on Matron with 51 / 10sent / 5 Cabalist. Maxed at about 1.95k when I timed everything perfectly.

Going to try a Cabalist build there tomorrow.
    Thanks... i was 1.9k and hit about 2300 on Matron as 51/15 cab/inq.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast