+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

RIFT Guide Writer

I use BoJ rotation. 2 BoJs are worth more than 1 BoD now.

~1300 sp
    787sc
    324 focus

I'm about 61% crit in a raid environment (factoring in all raid buffs, AoA, and Inner Focus). About 15-1600 SP in raid buffs as well.

Shadowlander

Can someone just write 'You need 700 crit' or something? How am I supposed to know how much I have to stack? Buy and put on all the plaque chain/cloth? I know i can see % in the tooltip, but I have to equip that gear first to see %.

Rift Disciple

A general question to focus, i heard numbers from 310 to 321 so has any1 allrdy enough parses with different focus values and how often spells get resistet with various amounts of focus ? Managed only about 1000 - 1100 on murdantix with about 1k sp and 700+ sc unbuffed and 300 focus (had my tankgloves on -.-). With inq i was at about 950+, im just wondering can u pull nearly 2k with shaman sokanon ? And how much dps have your warrior/rogues on murdantix ?

Plane Touched

sok u mind adding the dummy dps to ur first post for all those builds, like u did in your previouse inqui guides?

and 1.8k dps for murdantix...holy cow. what HK gear ur wearing already to get that high? 1.8 on murdantix is like 1.9-2k on plutonus, which would make inquisitor a top DPS build (considering pre HK equip)
    Last edited by Mathom; 08-11-2011 at 12:41 AM.

What sucks is you don't get a cloth choice with HK gear, you need at least 4 pieces for the synergy crystal. Is your guild allowing you to roll on cloth drops?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gr33nsurfer View Post
    A general question to focus, i heard numbers from 310 to 321 so has any1 allrdy enough parses with different focus values and how often spells get resistet with various amounts of focus ? Managed only about 1000 - 1100 on murdantix with about 1k sp and 700+ sc unbuffed and 300 focus (had my tankgloves on -.-). With inq i was at about 950+, im just wondering can u pull nearly 2k with shaman sokanon ? And how much dps have your warrior/rogues on murdantix ?
    I've tested with 311 focus and have never missed or resisted. I switched Inqcar last night and still managed 1200+ DPS (the end was hectic, but during the actual fight I was hovering around 1400).

I don't run shaman yet personally (need a 2h weap or my focus suffers). But we did have a cleric rolling shaman (he's got a bit less gear than me but has the 2h relic off GSB) and he managed 17-1800 DPS.

Our Rogues/Warriors were 1900-2200. We had a mage finish with about the same too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathom View Post
    sok u mind adding the dummy dps to ur first post for all those builds, like u did in your previouse inqui guides?

and 1.8k dps for murdantix...holy cow. what HK gear ur wearing already to get that high? 1.8 on murdantix is like 1.9-2k on plutonus, which would make inquisitor a top DPS build (considering pre HK equip)
    I was going to originally, but because of the buffs/scaling etc from raid environment, I didn't want people to think a 46/10/10 was less than a 51pt like some people think for druid (because druid does better on dummy than shaman but shaman will beat it in a raid).

Yeah, the highest I was that night was a 4+ min parse for 1883 (finished at 1751 after others died and the parse expired). I definitely think if played right, Inquisitor IS a top DPS build, and although I don't have someone in equivalent gear to me running a melee shaman spec, I think INQ can compete. I'm wearing full Raid1 gear, 2 relics (Dark Fist of Nysyrs (Alsbeth) and Darkling Skull (Alsbeth)), tablets, powerstone, flask, etc. No HK gear to speak of at current but I was over 1600sp (We have a total of 2 Darkling Skulls in raid, which do stack with each other).

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    What sucks is you don't get a cloth choice with HK gear, you need at least 4 pieces for the synergy crystal. Is your guild allowing you to roll on cloth drops?
    No, my guild doesn't allow Clerics to roll on Cloth unless a mage has no need of it.

Soulwalker

quick question for you guys who listed rotations, what DOTs are you applying inyour rotations? seems like getting more than vex and sanction heretic on the mob takes too long. was wondering if you were trying to squeeze banish or a cabby dot in there.

i am trying out the 46/10/10 build just to give me range on fights where we are melee loaded already and require some spacing.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by mattco View Post
    quick question for you guys who listed rotations, what DOTs are you applying inyour rotations? seems like getting more than vex and sanction heretic on the mob takes too long. was wondering if you were trying to squeeze banish or a cabby dot in there.

i am trying out the 46/10/10 build just to give me range on fights where we are melee loaded already and require some spacing.
    In a raiding environment, the only DoTs worthwhile are SH and Vex. I only use Life's Vengeance / Banish during movement phases if I'm not 51pt and Waterjetting.

46/10/10 inq/sent/sham will only be good if you have a decently high amount of crit. Otherwise a 51pt will beat it out.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    [*] 7% additional magic damage debuff provided by Soul Drain (stacks with all others EXCEPT Censure (3%)
    Now overwrites and is overwritten by Neddra's Torture. Note that mages still do not overwrite each other's NT. I have not tested how this interacts with censure (but who uses censure anyway?).

True story.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yeah noticed this on our last Murdantix kill... updating it now. Thanks for reminding me Jin

Plane Touched

sabos have another skill which overwrites souldrain debuff.

but souldrain debuff is the strongest one to use, but i didnt know NT's of different mages stack...

Plane Touched

my stats unbuffed, only used AoA:
    SP: 1297
    SC: 655

+75 sp trinket and +60 sp greater essence

51/10/5 (5:30min):
    980 DPS (31% crit)

46/10/10 (4:30min):
    995 DPS (30% crit)

just to give some parses to this thread.

from this testing i would say sokanon is right, the crit inquisito (41/10/10) is still going to b the spec u want for raiding. even with my relativly low crit it performs better than full inqui.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mathom View Post
    my stats unbuffed, only used AoA:
    SP: 1297
    SC: 655

+75 sp trinket and +60 sp greater essence

51/10/5 (5:30min):
    980 DPS (31% crit)

46/10/10 (4:30min):
    995 DPS (30% crit)

just to give some parses to this thread.

from this testing i would say sokanon is right, the crit inquisito (41/10/10) is still going to b the spec u want for raiding. even with my relativly low crit it performs better than full inqui.
    51pt Inquisitor still scales really well in raids. I'm getting consistent parses over the 1700 mark with both specs. The 46/10/10 just scales better but 51pt will beat it out on a movement oriented fight due to the extra DoT damage from SH/Vex and the Waterjet spam.

Plane Touched

what is ur damage on dummy about? just wondering. casue 1.8k is about double dps than i have on dummy. ur doing mroe than 1k on dummy with ony AoA buff?

RIFT Guide Writer

Yeah, 51pt spec holds about 1030dps for me, the 46/10/10 fluctuates but I've been as high as 1200. When it dips though, it'll dip to about 960.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast