+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Inquis, sent, cab did best for me.
    May have to do with gear <shrug>. I don't get the 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab to parse any higher than 51pt or even a 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham... i've got enough crit and continuously stacking so that sham parses higher than cab in 46pt spec.

To clarify though, you are NOT using any magic dmg debuff on the dummy during your testing, and your testing is of appropriate lengths?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    My tests have shown the best spec for dps is 46/10/10.

The best rotation found is only using SH, BoJ spam and using BoD procs. Vex is a degrade in damage but may prove different in a raid with spotters procing. It is sad how bad Vex is .

Pretty boring but if you need to be ranged to help the raid, this can work. Some fights it is just not worth meleeing or having 5+ in melee range.

Parse usually hits 1100 on a dummy with low variation over time.
    you don't...use...vex...?
    Hiphop - Cleric
    Nasa - Warrior
    of <Dominance>, Faemist

Quote Originally Posted by Bobopedic View Post
    you don't...use...vex...?
    At Noah's gear level, perhaps the SP-boosting of Bolt of Judgment makes using a GCD for Vex not worth it? Hard to believe.
    Last edited by beawr; 08-09-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Cleric Tank -Guardian- Sunrest
    <Esti Efiu>

Default yo

Hey this is ordamus I have been recently using 51 inq/10 sent/5 ward which seems great to me yet sok is the criticar better for raids?

RIFT Guide Writer

It as prior to 1.4, from current testing it seems to parse slightly behind 51pt. I think this has to do with the fact that BoD is a harder hitting spell, and the crit bonuses effected it more by essentially bumping up Symbol of Corruption as well. However with a BoJ rotation this isn't the case.

I want a few more weeks to test differing specs under raiding conditions before I make a final "this is it" guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by beawr View Post
    At Noah's gear level, perhaps the SP-boosting of Bolt of Judgment makes using a GCD for Vex not worth it? Hard to believe.
    it's possible, though on test with 1664 sp and only 36 points in inquisitor (sent melee inq), vex does 1218 damage compared to 827 for boj (this is just with awakening up and no CP/debuffs).. it is possible that if instant BoDs didn't have a CD, BoJ might pull ahead raid buffed... but because of the 10s CD, putting up Vex is going to have no impact on the number of BoDs you cast.
    Last edited by Ethias; 08-09-2011 at 09:47 AM.

You know what they could do is, if they won't remove the cd from BoD, how about L & D reset the cd. It all has to do with procs, I've gone as long as a full vex duration without a single proc, and I've gotten 3 procs in a row. Honeslty have a cd and a proc is terrible, one or the other both is crazy.

Either way, proc rate should be a little more consistant. 51 point Inq is definately more consistant dps, and 46/10/10 is more spikier, that's because the latter is more dependent on crit damage, and little movement, whereas a 51 point has vex hitting like a truck, more mobility friendly.

On my Icar build BoJ crits for 1200 (44 Inq/11/10 sent), as a dps Inq (46 Inq/10 sham/10sent) 1500 BoJs, my sp is 912 crit rate 32% self buffed.
    Last edited by Spyrit; 08-09-2011 at 10:26 AM.

In a raid I found 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham does more than the 51 point build. Nysyr's is fun to use at about 2k dps over it's channel time just from the spell itself. With about 45% crit in a raid

As for Cab I found BF is only worth it if you can't do SD and Shadow's Touch > BF on only 2 mobs.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post

The 5pts in Warden will actually beat out 5pts in Cabalist... in my first guide I showed the numbers, which I might rerun for more accurate information, but Warden is about a 3.06% increase over Cabalist, 5 pts in.
    Does this still hold true? My parsing under the same conditions as yours (no spiritual def or soul drain on the dummy) showed 51/10/5 (inq/sent/cab) doing slightly more dps than the warden variant. Perhaps with the increased BoJ/Nysyr dmg the 5% cab boost to BoJ/Nysyr/BoD makes up for the loss of 5% dmg on vex/SH? I suppose it could have been bad parsing on my part or lucky crits on the cab variant, but I'm curious as to what your own testing shows in 1.4.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Minerian View Post
    Does this still hold true? My parsing under the same conditions as yours (no spiritual def or soul drain on the dummy) showed 51/10/5 (inq/sent/cab) doing slightly more dps than the warden variant. Perhaps with the increased BoJ/Nysyr dmg the 5% cab boost to BoJ/Nysyr/BoD makes up for the loss of 5% dmg on vex/SH? I suppose it could have been bad parsing on my part or lucky crits on the cab variant, but I'm curious as to what your own testing shows in 1.4.
    Oops...that's 5% SP from cab, but it still parsed better when I tried it.

RIFT Guide Writer

It might have to do with the increase SP coefficient to BoJ/Nysyr's, on top of the fact that the more spell power you have, the greater the boost actually is.

However going 5 Cabalist leaves you without a movement DPS ability. I'll try to run some tests.

RIFT Guide Writer

-UPDATE-

Parsing as high as 1883, 1751, and 1650's with 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham. 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab is only making about 1650.

51inq is managing 1750, 1800+

Parses are from Murdantix.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    -UPDATE-

Parsing as high as 1883, 1751, and 1650's with 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham. 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab is only making about 1650.

Parses are from Murdantix.
    1883!!!!? are you sure? Becuase thats alot of dps for Inquis.

RIFT Guide Writer

Positive. Was the highest parse, 4min and 20 seconds. It does require a high crit rating to pull it off, but it was awesome.

Average for 51pt seems around the 1700 mark, the 46pt is around the 1800 mark in sick crit gear.

Managing 13-1400 as Inqcar too. 42/10/14
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-10-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Hey sokanon, how are your unbuffed basestats ? Did u still use BoD (and no L&D) on the 46/10/10, or is it worth using BoJ even with this build now (I gues yes, then almost no "filler-talents" have to be taken) ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast