+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

So I'm trying to come up with a good way of incorporating focus into the EP calculations for an item.

The best formula I have come up with is.

EP = (tSP*spEP)+SC+(F*fEP)

My only issue is with getting a good value for Focus EP. I'm thinking a floating EP based on the amount of Focus of course. My rough numbers are something like
    if F < 240, fEP = 4
    if F > 240 but < 290, fEP =3
    if F > 290 but < 310, fEP = 2
    if F > 290 but < 320, fEP = 1
    if F >= 320, fEP =0

I could easily translate this to a percentage based setup as well so it will apply even when your looking at a T1 or at akylios.
    I would use fairly easy percentages, say:
    F < 75%, fEP = 4
    F > 75% but < 90%, fEP = 3
    F > 90% but < 97%, fEP = 2
    F > 97% but < 100%, fEP = 1
    F >= 100%, fEP = 0

Any input would be great and if someone has a good way to calculate the EP value of Focus that would be very helpful.

RIFT Guide Writer

I've tried to do that as well Noshei and came up with similar equations to yours. The problem is adding it into a spreadsheet without messing up the basic other equations (because you have to set a limit on how much focus you want, otherwise the spreadsheet would over-value focus). I went ahead and nixed the equation and just did everything by hand in my original BiS for focus cap.

I'm thinking of just a simple drop down selection, with the different tiers. Once a user selects the tier they want it will set the max Focus to the requirement for that Tier. This could also be used to only show gear from that tier or below.

Rift Master

Hey Sokanon,

If you have time, any chance of updates to the BIS list? Don't see any items listed past Zamira :P

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Hey Sokanon,

If you have time, any chance of updates to the BIS list? Don't see any items listed past Zamira :P
    As posted in the newer 1.5 Guide, I've had a busy end/start of the month. I will hopefully get to updating the BiS list this weekend, including the addition of items as well as proper order.

I believe I have found a good way to add Focus into the EP calculations. I will send you a copy of the shaman spreadsheet Im working on so you can see the calculations on it, Sokanon.

It is a bit ugly and I will be looking at cleaning it up in the future, but at this point it works pretty well.

Look for it in your Google Doc's
    Last edited by Noshei; 10-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26