+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

Shadowlander

dang that blows, they really need to fix greaters so i can actually want to spend inscribeds

Banned

Don't you have to be in melee range for soul drain to work?

Meaning this isn't really a ranged spec

Or am i reading this wrong?

Rift Master

Default Let's try this

With Bowler Hat's insistence that we do things properly, I put together a spreadsheet to find the best values. This time, I added as many raid buffs and talents as possible. Synergy crystals are left out, hard to model the way I'm doing this. The link should be here,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=1

I used Rift Compendium to build the gear set with the SC:SP ratio and focus set to a number to get close to 300 focus. If EP values were equal, I chose wisdom over int. Still tweaking things, for instance, I don't think you can buy the cloth Nyx set of gear if you are a cleric, is that true? Will need to correct for that.

Even at this gear level, with these ratios, clerics should not be able to hit the crit cap, I got crit ratings of 1090, still below the 1187 soft cap. So I haven't included the soft cap in the sheet. The result ratio at the bottom is the ideal SP:SC improvement ratio given the values put in. I iterated. I started at the old value of 3.5:1 and calculated the ratio from the gear chosen by Rift Compendium. Then put that ratio in. Repeat until convergence. And what is in the sheet now is the convergence. A ratio of about 2:1 for SC:SP (+/- 0.01). On page 3 is a comparison between the 3.5:1 and 2:1 ratios, as can be seen, the difference is not all that big, about 1%.

I still don't understand the results, but apparently adding raid buffs to the calculation skew things toward crit from my earlier non-raid buffed numbers. This is odd. The buffs add 20% SC total (5 AoA, 5 IF, 5 Bard buff, 5 various debuffs), while adding a much smaller amount of SP. I would think this would make SP stronger, not weaker, as normally when SC rises, SP is worth more and vice-versa. I ignored all things that add a straight +damage % because I don't think they affect the results, everything scales the same with them. Because of this, the actual dps numbers calculated are not meaningful, you need to add the +damage from AoA, the bard debuff, and so on.

Or maybe someone can find a mistake. Always possible.

RIFT Guide Writer

Nice work Valdis, few corrections:

Bard buffs are 52wis/int (Fanfare of Knowledge)
    Resonance (5% stat increase when all Motifs up) [not sure if this is your Abilities category]
    Crit % (there are 2 debuffs and 1 buff totalling 15% increased crit)
    Under your Damage, I'm assuming thats 7%? If you include Soul Drain + single target magic debuff, its a total of 14%

And there is something wrong with the totaled DPS values (which I'm sure you're aware). I'll give it a better work-over this weekend. Heading to class now, but definitely continue the good work man! Just takes time! I might steal your info and just create a graph instead of doing work myself ;)

Rift Disciple

It looks about right. Don't forget that the ratio will be off by 5% before you factor in Watchful Gaze, as the calculated values appear to be for 1sp added, not 1sp on gear added.

ETA: If you do try and model resonance in to get a final "raid dps figure" then remember it only takes 5% of stats from gear, it doesn't add 5% to values coming from buffs.
    Last edited by Selath; 09-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Spell power stacking

Hey soka I know with this build stacking spell power is big my only question is can u post ur stats like sp vs sc that way I can have an idea at what point to switch to full sp because I know ur even using a sp heavy sigil but I have no hk gear yet so if I switch my sc sigil for sp my crit will drop to like 550 think that will be a out 28-30 percent with Inq crit buff so do u reccomend the change in sigil or wait for some hk gear before i change

Plane Walker

I think enough crit to hit 50% raid buffed and then everything else in SP. Generally you get 20% from raids buffs, so ~30% should be enough.
    Last edited by Ak1230; 10-01-2011 at 10:25 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Beowoolf View Post
    Hey soka I know with this build stacking spell power is big my only question is can u post ur stats like sp vs sc that way I can have an idea at what point to switch to full sp because I know ur even using a sp heavy sigil but I have no hk gear yet so if I switch my sc sigil for sp my crit will drop to like 550 think that will be a out 28-30 percent with Inq crit buff so do u reccomend the change in sigil or wait for some hk gear before i change
    You should focus on a 3sc:1sp. You should maintain a decent enough crit from items and the INT inherent on the pieces.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    You should focus on a 3sc:1sp. You should maintain a decent enough crit from items and the INT inherent on the pieces.
    Still don't understand what that quite means, 3x more SC than SP? I thought we were supposed to stack SP at higher gear levels.

RIFT Guide Writer

It means 1sp is worth 3 crit rating. It's a ratio.

I.E. if an item has 10sp on it, an item with crit would have to maintain a 1:3 ratio, and have at least 30 crit on it to be an upgrade.

Plane Walker

Ahhh, so can I take that and apply it to my stats? Meaning I need to have 3x as much SP as I do crit while still maintaining x number of crit (somewhere around 700 I assume?)

Soulwalker

I really do love this thread, but I'm a bit confused now too, after patch 1.5. My T2/T3 Inqui had 1000 SP and 40% SC. Now I replaced all my Runes from Int to SP/Wisdom and dropped my cloth stuff.

Now I have 1100 SP and 30% SC. Should I go for more SP, without consideration for Crit, or should I keep in mind, not going below 30% ?

Playing the Inqui with cloth gear and mage staffs was kinda cool. I liked it very much.
    Last edited by Welgon; 10-01-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Plane Walker

Well 30% SC self buffed means you are probably sitting at around 50% raid buffed which I think is the amount you want no?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1230 View Post
    Ahhh, so can I take that and apply it to my stats? Meaning I need to have 3x as much SP as I do crit while still maintaining x number of crit (somewhere around 700 I assume?)
    Essentially yes, but I'd recommend just to do it on a piece by piece basis.

As for SC, again you will end up with enough SC from gear alone, so its not worth stacking it anymore. My guide is updated for 1.5 on the Rift Junkies Think Tank area... I just haven't done it here yet. Can't decide to make it a new post so the title can be correct, or just edit this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    My guide is updated for 1.5 on the Rift Junkies Think Tank area... I just haven't done it here yet. Can't decide to make it a new post so the title can be correct, or just edit this one.
    I think it would be best if you started a new thread here. this one is starting to get large, too large to efficiently use. Since there are changes for us in 1.5, make a new thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast