+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fractus View Post
    Good thread. Will be showing some guildies (as I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to make a thread like this on our guild forums).

I hit about 1.8k on Matron with 51 / 10sent / 5 Cabalist. Maxed at about 1.95k when I timed everything perfectly.

Going to try a Cabalist build there tomorrow.

Is it better to put the final 5 pts into Cab instead of Ward? I been using Cab for my final 5 but wans't sure if it was better or not over Ward. You do get 2 more range AE and distored shadows seems to be pretty decent, but if the 5 in Ward gives more dps over the 5 in Cab for sp I'll switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ootax View Post
    Is it better to put the final 5 pts into Cab instead of Ward? I been using Cab for my final 5 but wans't sure if it was better or not over Ward. You do get 2 more range AE and distored shadows seems to be pretty decent, but if the 5 in Ward gives more dps over the 5 in Cab for sp I'll switch.
    Whilst the total damage from all the instant spells (Vex, SH, BoD) was more than BoJ, if you combine BoJ and CoO damage on that fight you end up with more. Another way of saying that is Vex+SH+BoD < BoJ+CoO. The spell damage effects everything so seems the safer option (although arguably the CoO damage doesn't really matter). There is no movement really so waterjet wouldn't be useful. Another reason for Sent though is HB still crits for about 2.5k which can save a tank if you have 2 or 3 dps clerics doing the same spec and all hitting it on a low tank, you could even put it in your rotation trollolol.

I want to try the all crit modifier one too since +20% scaling on only Vex+SH for the same reasons as above seems a waste of points. -3% damage could save your life too.

Soka what was your rotation on cabalist? I can't really find a good way to test so not sure. Only using Tyranny on x3 LD?
    Last edited by Fractus; 08-07-2011 at 09:10 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Cabalist rotation went something like:

Sanction Heretic
    Dark Water
    Obliterate
    Distorted Shadows
    Shadow's Touch spam

When add came up, Shadow's Touch > Bound Fate > Tyranny (or obliterate depending how many adds were up), and rotating between the 3.

Single target I was holding pretty steady around 1400 before adds started spawning, averaging 1900 for the majority of the fight, and spiking 2300 when little adds showed up. Myself and a few others may be writing a raiding Cabalist guide soon... we're just trying to figure out all the logisitics, sp coefficients, rotations, etc. Might be something to read in the near future though.

The 5pts in Warden will actually beat out 5pts in Cabalist... in my first guide I showed the numbers, which I might rerun for more accurate information, but Warden is about a 3.06% increase over Cabalist, 5 pts in.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-08-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Rift Master

Default cabalist

You need dark water to really get a good single target comparison. I'm running a 44 Inq/11 Cab/11 Jus. Single target rotation is
    SH->Vex->Obl(if up)->DW->BoJ
    with BoD procs as they go, AoE is
    SD->Tyr/BF->CoO

Dark water does 20% more damage than BoJ for me, and obliterate does about 30% more. When I tested it, this made up for the loss in dps due to losing NR/Inq passive while keeping much higher AoE damage than the Inq 51/Sen 4/Jus 11 build I used to use. I still can't figure out if CoD is worth using, its very hard to parse how much damage its doing. At the moment, I use it only on the move as an instant cast. Its base damage is 30% less than BoJ, but that's not counting any extra ticks it gets for the enemy doing things.

If you want a single target rotation for Cabalist, don't use shadow's touch. This is the 15s rotation I ended up with,
    Obl->DW->SH->DS->CD->Tyr->Vex->BF->Banish

Bound fate does about 15% more damage than shadow's touch. Even Vex and Banish do almost as much as ST with shorter cast times (GCD instead of 2s). For AoE, its
    Tyr->BF->ST->Tyr->ST->ST
    Add CoS in there at some point, at 30s, its too long to really be part of a rotation.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    If you want a single target rotation for Cabalist, don't use shadow's touch. This is the 15s rotation I ended up with,
    Obl->DW->SH->DS->CD->Tyr->Vex->BF->Banish

Bound fate does about 15% more damage than shadow's touch. Even Vex and Banish do almost as much as ST with shorter cast times (GCD instead of 2s). For AoE, its
    Tyr->BF->ST->Tyr->ST->ST
    Add CoS in there at some point, at 30s, its too long to really be part of a rotation.
    Perhaps as an offheal spec its "meh" for viability, you will actually be doing more healing if you went 10 into Sentinel though. Justicar heals are "meh" to start with, going into Sentinel is pretty much a must to boost healing, otherwise you're gimping your damage AND your healing. 44/11/11 inq/cab/justi will NEVER do the amount of healing a 45/10/11 inq/sent/justi would, and it won't do the DPS a 51inq, 46/10/10, or even a 51 Cabalist can do on some fights.

In my personal opinion, you're gimping both, either play the support role and do it the best you can, or play a dps role and do it the best you can.

Rift Master

Sorry, I think I was unclear, the part you quoted, the 51 cabalist rotation, was using a 51 cabalist/9 Sen/6 Inq (also tried 51 cabalist/10 Inq/5 War). Its an all-damage rotation, and no, I found it can't compete single target with an inq build. But it is the best I could find for cabalist. I'd still say, if you're using shadow's touch in single target, you're never going to get any kind of reasonable dps with a cabalist.

I find the support arguments awkward. You could go 15 points into sentinel for more healing, a 40/15/11 will do even more healing than the 45/10/11. Or even 35/20/11 for more healing. Its pretty much a sliding scale down to 32 Inquisitor. Of course, at that point, you've turned yourself into a senticar and your damage is so bad, you are only a healer.

I like the cabalist build because of the AoE. Let's be realistic, that's the reason you'd want it. It does do less healing, and slightly less damage in single target, but in AoE it can hit a lot harder with tyranny and bound fate. For trash pulls and bosses with lots of adds, its awesome. I suppose really its a build for T2's more than raids, since there are few raid bosses with lots of adds. It seems like in T2's, you spend 90% of your time pulling trash, might as well have a build that's good at it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Yeah definitely. I'm trying to find a good rotation for Cabalist, but thats for another guide.

Inquisitor easily surpasses any Cabalist single-target, and can still keep up in most AoE scenarios, being only slightly behind a 51 Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Inquisitor easily surpasses any Cabalist single-target, and can still keep up in most AoE scenarios, being only slightly behind a 51 Cab.
    I agree and it's for this reason that I will continue to use Inquisitor as my ranged raid spec. Any boss fights that have adds generally have downtimes in between where you just need to burn the boss, and this is where Cab will fall behind. Inquisitor AoE is still pretty darn good on it's own too.

I'll save cabalist for warfronts
    Bokor - Cleric (Warrior Priest)

Telaran

My tests have shown the best spec for dps is 46/10/10.

The best rotation found is only using SH, BoJ spam and using BoD procs. Vex is a degrade in damage but may prove different in a raid with spotters procing. It is sad how bad Vex is .

Pretty boring but if you need to be ranged to help the raid, this can work. Some fights it is just not worth meleeing or having 5+ in melee range.

Parse usually hits 1100 on a dummy with low variation over time.

RIFT Guide Writer

46/10/10 inq/sent/sham?

I've parsed 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham and 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab and still come higher with the x/x/sham than cab. 51pt parses consistently higher than both, though 46 with shaman bursts quite high when you get a string of crits going.

Are you also testing without Soul Drain or Spiritual Def.?
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-08-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Melee Inquis?

I noticed you didn't have Armor of Crit in your 40/21/5 build. And did you mean it does the highest amount of damage of all Inquis specs?

Why is that? Wouldn't it benefit to take 1/2 out of the Vex/SH heal talent? Also, is there an AoE rotation for Melee inquis, or do you just SD, Vex everyone, Avalanche?

Rift Chaser

Default Sokanon

You might want to include this into your BiS list. I think it's better than the Death-Steel Crusher from Warmaster.

http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...ewItem&id=1138

Mace of Longing is it's name...drops from Anrak in GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I noticed you didn't have Armor of Crit in your 40/21/5 build. And did you mean it does the highest amount of damage of all Inquis specs?

Why is that? Wouldn't it benefit to take 1/2 out of the Vex/SH heal talent? Also, is there an AoE rotation for Melee inquis, or do you just SD, Vex everyone, Avalanche?
    40/21/5 is a melee inquisitor spec, and it uses Armor of Awakening (32 pts in Inquisitor). I would actually remove both points from Contempt and put one in Fanat and one in CoO. Under optimal conditions, it is the highest inquisitor spec DPS wise, but it requires you to be in melee range as you basically use LH in your rotation and bind Jolt into every ability you have, and to make your life easier, use the macro Sokanon provided in the OP as it'll save the amount of button juggling you use while keep LH up a good amount (SPAM the macro so Jolt triggers every time it can)... I also have Jolt bound into Vex & BoD as well. AoE is why I take CoO; I like using CoO while Soul Drain is on CD, and Contempt a DPS gain, so I never had trouble giving it up. Also, this build will munch mana like nobodies business, so you have to get good at using Ageless Ice when you'll be getting off a jolt and a couple LHs.

It does the most damage of all inquisitor specs and some data indicates (basically using an archon buff bot on a melee inquisitor on the test server ended with melee inq beating out druid, shaman, and pure inq for DPS, but that was optimal conditions) that it may have the highest sustained DPS on a single target fight where one never has to move and Soul Drain is being kept up by someone else. Such fights don't exist, but if they did, this build scales well enough with raid buffs it might just pass Druid and Shaman, and Warden gives you waterjet as a spammable replacement for BoJ when you have to move (aka it still works fine on fights where you have to move but have a reason to want to be an inquisitor spec in melee). As it is, this build is good to use if you are relied on by your raid to keep up the Soul drain Debuff (as I was for a long time) as it maximizes your damage while in melee, while only losing damage to SH/Vex versus a traditional 51 pt inq spec (quite a bit of damage, but Jolt and LH can make up for that) or if you really like being a caster and can afford to be in melee. It is not a super easy spec to play but it's not all that difficult.
    Last edited by Ethias; 08-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    46/10/10 inq/sent/sham?

I've parsed 46/10/10 inq/sent/sham and 46/10/10 inq/sent/cab and still come higher with the x/x/sham than cab. 51pt parses consistently higher than both, though 46 with shaman bursts quite high when you get a string of crits going.

Are you also testing without Soul Drain or Spiritual Def.?
    Inquis, sent, cab did best for me.

Soulwalker

I just have to say Thanks for this information, I tested it out in raid recently (first boss in HK) and it did way more DPS than I thought it would. I may stay with this since it has more than one button to mash.
    Amabella
    Level 50 Cleric - Druid
    Rosabella
    Level 50 Mage - Chloro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast