+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Guide] The Raiding Inquisitor v1.4

ok so i'm at a bit of a dilemma and am having a major brain fart...

Sp: 1165
    Sc: 708

completely unbuffed/untalented

should i go for the 51 inq build or the 46inq build?

also i am thinking about changing my source machine to go all spellpower with the changes coming in 1.5

and if i go 51inq and max my spell power then the 3rd soul should be 5 cabalist for the spellpower bonus correct?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    ok so i'm at a bit of a dilemma and am having a major brain fart...

Sp: 1165
    Sc: 708

completely unbuffed/untalented

should i go for the 51 inq build or the 46inq build?

also i am thinking about changing my source machine to go all spellpower with the changes coming in 1.5

and if i go 51inq and max my spell power then the 3rd soul should be 5 cabalist for the spellpower bonus correct?
    I imagine the 51 build will probably be a little better, but we'll have to see.

I think the 5 in cab performs better; Sok prefers the 5 in warden (extra scaling on the dots but less on BoJ/BoD/NR) and for water jet (for heavy movement fights).

RIFT Guide Writer

Warden will outperform Cabalist as the 5pts by about 3.6%. Napkin math can be seen in my original thread, which is listed at the top of the OP.

The SP coefficients got changed for BoJ/NR etc, but the difference is minimal at best, and Waterjet provides you with a movement damaging ability.

With your stats I'd use the 51pt build.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 09-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Warden will outperform Cabalist as the 5pts by about 3.6%. Napkin math can be seen in my original thread, which is listed at the top of the OP.

The SP coefficients got changed for BoJ/NR etc, but the difference is minimal at best, and Waterjet provides you with a movement damaging ability.

With your stats I'd use the 51pt build.
    thanks alot!

Soulwalker

Would it be viable to go back into a 51/10/5 inq.cab.warden?

Dropping the sent 20% crit/heal damage for cabs 5% channel+dot damage

could even use the new lurking decay x3-obliterate, CoD (dot) and tyranny in rotation maybe?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by stonkerballs View Post
    Would it be viable to go back into a 51/10/5 inq.cab.warden?

Dropping the sent 20% crit/heal damage for cabs 5% channel+dot damage

could even use the new lurking decay x3-obliterate, CoD (dot) and tyranny in rotation maybe?
    Highly doubt it. In BiS gear, you will still have a fair amount of crit, and 20% bonus crit damage is worth more than 5% spell damage (or dot dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    Well, I must be consistently unlucky for the past 200 spellcasts or so.
    It might be lag, place is crawling with rogues.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrit View Post
    It might be lag, place is crawling with rogues.
    It can't be lag if it doesn't appear on my screen at all for the past 300 spellcasts. Not to mention, it's always the first tick of the dot that procs CP. ;)

0.56^(300*5) is the chance that Banish's subsequent ticks doesn't proc CP over 300 spell casts.
    Last edited by Vocalhealspam; 09-07-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    It can't be lag if it doesn't appear on my screen at all for the past 300 spellcasts. Not to mention, it's always the first tick of the dot that procs CP. ;)

0.56^(300*5) is the chance that Banish's subsequent ticks doesn't proc CP over 300 spell casts.
    Not your lag, my lag. I copied my character over, it's definately a buff, at lower gear levels.

Shadowlander

Just when I thought I could finally be happy raiding with my 51 Inquisitor, along comes 1.5 on the PTS, and with the change to L&DC, we need to figure out what is the new magic number for the SP:SC ratio...
    Last edited by Nighthound; 09-07-2011 at 10:12 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthound View Post
    Just when I thought I could finally be happy raiding with my 51 Inquisitor, along comes 1.5 on the PTS, and with the change to L&DC, we need to figure out what is the new magic number for the SP:SC ratio...
    L&DC is being changed? I've only seen preliminary notes on Corporal Punishment change. Where this is concerned, the only thing I think will change for Inquisitors, is that instead of using cloth gear (which I didn't recommend from the beginning so stop PMing me that we're a dieing breed!!!! Not directed at you, but the majority), or stacking crit in our source core, we'll be building a SP source core and the crit will come from the INT on the pieces, as well as the gear that provides +crit (which is a lot of it in HK).
    Last edited by Sokanon; 09-08-2011 at 04:23 AM.

L&DC is being changed? I've only seen preliminary notes on Corporal Punishment change. Where this is concerned, the only thing I think will change for Inquisitors, is that instead of using cloth gear (which I didn't recommend from the beginning so stop PMing me that we're a dieing breed!!!! Not directed at you, but the majority), or stacking crit in our source core, we'll be building a SP source core and the crit will come from the INT on the pieces, as well as the gear that provides +crit (which is a lot of it in HK).
    There are no changes to L&DC on the pts currently. If they do go ahead with making CP 10 second duration, they may as well make it a permanant buff, instead of a proc, because permanant is what it will be.
    Last edited by Spyrit; 09-08-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Rift Master

Default Theory

Did some calculations. If the +40% crit damage is the only crit effect going on for inquisitor, then for a 51 inq, at 1500 SP, 1 SP = 2 SC. This ratio means that 1 Int = 1 Wis. For 46 point builds with +60% spell crit, this will favor SC and int a little more. This ratio will favor SC more as SP increases past 1500.

This would mean that nothing changes for our runes. Int is still marginally better than wis as a rune, and because the runes often trade 3 SC for 1 SP, the crit runes are also still better. For the source machine, this means that 3 of the 6 best essences are SP and the other 3 are SC.

Unfortunately though, things are going to be very lousy if you want to use this gear to also heal, there's really no reason to use crit to heal in the new scheme. Even at 1500 SP, the ratio will be worse than 3:1 SC:SP.

Shadowlander

Sorry, I was thinking of CP but typed L&DC instead. Anyway I think this is a step towards finally not having to roll against mages for cloth or int/sc heavy items.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis43 View Post
    Did some calculations. If the +40% crit damage is the only crit effect going on for inquisitor, then for a 51 inq, at 1500 SP, 1 SP = 2 SC. This ratio means that 1 Int = 1 Wis. For 46 point builds with +60% spell crit, this will favor SC and int a little more. This ratio will favor SC more as SP increases past 1500.

This would mean that nothing changes for our runes. Int is still marginally better than wis as a rune, and because the runes often trade 3 SC for 1 SP, the crit runes are also still better. For the source machine, this means that 3 of the 6 best essences are SP and the other 3 are SC.

Unfortunately though, things are going to be very lousy if you want to use this gear to also heal, there's really no reason to use crit to heal in the new scheme. Even at 1500 SP, the ratio will be worse than 3:1 SC:SP.
    I'm quite interested in the theorycrafting, can you explain what were the calculations you used to arrive at that conclusion?
    Last edited by Nighthound; 09-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Plane Walker

Why would you not pick up the extra spell power and spell damage from Cabalist? Just curious...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast