+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cleric Multi-Role Gearing Guide (BiS)

Lightbulb Cleric Multi-Role Gearing Guide (BiS)

Greetings,

I have been working on putting together a resource for all level 50 clerics that can help them navigate the gearing path from fresh 50 to current content raiders. Clerics have a particulalry tough time in the gearing department as we can perform every role in the game, have three sets of plaque raid gear, often wear cloth in some roles, and stack strength in others.

I have put together a spreadsheet that includes gear from early craftables and expert dungeon drops, all the way up to current raid content. Every item has an EP value calculated for one of four different EP Profiles, High Spell Crit, Balanced, High Spell Power & Tank. The spreadsheet can then be sorted depending on the profile you are interested in. Toughness and Focus are not factored into the EP values in the spreadsheet, however the values are all listed so you can still quickly find where a focus neck drops whilst you build up a focus capped raiding set. If you are in doubt about which profile you should use, Balanced is a safe choice. There is a table on the first page of each list that can help guide you further with some popular builds.

I should point out that these lists are aimed squarely at fresh 50 clerics and T1/T2 dungeoneers looking to gear themselves up for Raid content. They are not aimed at those whose gear places them near the top of the lists. When it comes to BiS items at this level, the spreadsheet requires far more inputs to give you more accurate outputs. The best lists in these situations are dynamic lists that take your build and stats into account when generating an EP value. Lists such as Radaks excellent tanking spreadsheets, and Fluxions healing spreadsheet achieve this with greater accuracy for those min/maxers amongst us.

The EP formulae are all very straightforward and use EP weighting values from previously published BiS lists. The EP tanking formula is of my own creation and works a little differently to the usual Health Equivalence lists. I have done this so that the spreadsheet is not unnecessarily bloated and is less reliant on having input data such as your total health pool and mitigation stats.

This is not to say that the formula is inaccurate, I believe it does a very good job in ranking tanking gear, but at the end of the day it is just a guide and the final decision should rest with you. The formula is very straightforward and makes use of Radak's recently published Stat Weight Values and weights them with the amount of endurance on an item.

Endurance is valued according to the amount of mitigation/avoidance the item provides. At higher levels of mitigation, each point of endurance is far more effective than a straight endurance item. This is what the Health Equivalence method quantifies and I have approximated this method by using the SWV to weight endurance which gives us the desired variable weighting for endurance.

When evaluating tanking gear you can usually just sort by the EP value, however if you are more interested in stacking mitigation and avoidance at the expense of endurance, you can use the SWV value instead.

Unfortunately GoogleDocs spreadsheets do not seem to support macros and I am unable to recreate the "click to sort" functionality I have in the Excel spreadsheet I have built. Hopefully I can resolve this issue, or come up with a viable alternative, but for now I have chosen to publish the spreadsheet as separate PDF's each one sorted by the four different EP columns. You'll get the gist of that pretty quickly once you open them up.

I have published them in Google Docs as a collection so I can quickly and easily update the lists when required. No doubt there are omisssions, there wil be comments, clarifications and I'm sure there may be some stuff-ups as well. Please notify me of any data entry errors, or if you have drop location information which is missing in the guide.

Enjoy! Your feedback would be appreciated.

Cleric Gear Guide

Resources

Current Version

I will be updating this post as new versions are released, below are the recent changes.

1.6.0 17/11/2011
    * CORRECTED Shoulders:Archangelic's Shoulderguards
    * CORRECTED Legs:Archangelic's Chausses
    * ADDED 1.6 Lesser Essences
    * ADDED 1.6 Planar Conqueror's gear
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 11-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Telaran

can't view without a gmail account :-/

FAQ
    • Where is the FAQ?
    The FAQ will be here very soon
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 07-06-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Soulwalker

I had made one on my own not nearly as nice as yours but it does have some of the augmented crafted items stats in it if you want to take a look to add to your own. My spreadsheet started out as Pedia's Warrior spreadsheet and I added stuff to that and expanded the rogue one and created a Cleric one. If I only I could find the perfect AP/SP:Crit ratio I would be happy. I was using 1.75 I see you have 1.85. Also what is the crit soft cap anyway I wasn't sure one had been evaluated. Here's mine

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1115219/RIFT...20Listings.xls

Soulwalker

Thank you so much for posting this, starting up a tanking spec and had no idea where to start. You've done a good job mate , gets a thumbs up from me!

The only thing I hate about people making gear lists is they ether put the defiant teir name or the guardian teri name... they're both the same why can't you just list them both in one? It makes it so confusing.

Ether way an interesting list.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    The only thing I hate about people making gear lists is they ether put the defiant teir name or the guardian teri name... they're both the same why can't you just list them both in one? It makes it so confusing.

Ether way an interesting list.
    Which is exactly why all vendor plaque gear says T1, T2 or R1 next to the name :-|

Quote Originally Posted by rich0523 View Post
    I had made one on my own not nearly as nice as yours but it does have some of the augmented crafted items stats in it if you want to take a look to add to your own. My spreadsheet started out as Pedia's Warrior spreadsheet and I added stuff to that and expanded the rogue one and created a Cleric one. If I only I could find the perfect AP/SP:Crit ratio I would be happy. I was using 1.75 I see you have 1.85. Also what is the crit soft cap anyway I wasn't sure one had been evaluated. Here's mine

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1115219/RIFT...20Listings.xls
    I have deliberately excluded most augmented craftables and reputation gear for brevity. I am however considering adding the augments on their own to each section so you can simply add up the gear and the augment instead. They would appear down the bottom along with the runes.

Regarding the EP wieght for DPS, I've chosen 1.85 as the result of dummy parses over time and some other contributions here on the forums suggesting 1.85 unbuffed was a good number to aim at.

Regarding the crit softcap, it has been theorised that there is one however it hasn't been determined. I have included it for the sake of completeness. I believe some prefer to stack SP after a certain SC value (about 33%), I am not convinced that is the optimal thing to do. The column can also be used by pure SP based specs like Cabalist though so it has merit in this list.

I'll have a peek at your list a little later
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 06-14-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Which is exactly why all vendor plaque gear says T1, T2 or R1 next to the name :-|
    But your just making the list even longer and slightly miss leading to some. :-| What if they don't KNOW it's the Defiant verson and sit around waiting for Damons ____ to drop? Or spend hours looking for the vender with it? You gotta think about these things!
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    But your just making the list even longer and slightly miss leading to some. :-| What if they don't KNOW it's the Defiant verson and sit around waiting for Damons ____ to drop? Or spend hours looking for the vender with it? You gotta think about these things!
    I have no idea what you are talking about, you are complaining that both faction names are not duplicated, and now you are complaining that by not including both sets I am making the list longer? wtf?

All tier cloth and chain gear is included and is clearly marked, the name is irrelevant, T2 chain is T2 chain. There are already 10 plaque items included per slot, I will not be doubling it.

If you have reached current raiding content then it's a very safe bet that you know where the gear vendor is, and you know what they sell.

Soulwalker

Good work Bowler Hat. This makes a good reference for the BiS list I was creating.

After quickly comparing them I have found a few mistakes you might want to look at...

1. 'Mark of Darkness' Neck is BiS for DPS, which is incorrect. Should be 38 focus and not 38 spell crit

2. You are also missing the Saga necklaces, one being BiS. See here
    (Brilliant Shadestone Amulet - has an EP of 91.575)

As I look through it I'll let you know if I find anymore. Most of them will be data entry errors.

Again great work on getting all the info in one place.

Rift Disciple

If you have lots of free time itd be nice if you could add the R5/R6 gear. Id like to see how it compare.

Soulwalker

You might want to specify what DPS spec you are assuming for the list, since different specs will weight stats differently. Judging from the ratio, it's probably the cookie cutter 31dru/24sha/11 spec.

And a possibly related problem - pets scale with raw stats as well, and since they contribute a very significant amount of damage, the value of raw wisdom(and int if heavy druid using faerie) is significantly higher on a pet user than on a non pet user.

Pet base stats scale from your stats with equipment only. No buffs/pots/auras will affect these base stats(buffs and auras can directly affect their stats of course). Then on top of that, their AP/AC or SP/SC will gain a percentage of your current.

Satyr:
    Str/Dex: 0.6 * Your Base Wisdom
    AP: 0.75 * your current SP
    AC: 0.3 * your current SC

Faerie:
    Int: 0.5 * your int
    Wis: 0.5 * your wis
    SP: 0.25 * your current SP
    SC: 0.25 * your current SC

So if you have 300 int, 400 wis, 1000 sp, and 500 sc.
    Satyr:
    Str: 240
    Dex: 240
    AP: 990 (240 from its own base stats, and 750 from your sp)
    AC: 390 (240 from its own base stats, and 150 from your sc)

Faerie:
    Int: 150 int
    Wis: 200 wis
    SP: 437 (187.5 from base stats, 250 from your sp)
    SC: 275 (150 from base stats, 125 from your sc)

So because pets double dip into your base stats, their values should be higher than just from the straight stat conversion.

Plane Touched

First and most important: thanks for an excellent contribution to the cleric gear guide compendium. You obviously spent a lot of time on these spreadsheets and they're very well organized.

However, your healing EP is completely wrong and potentially very misleading. The EP difference between 51 Puri and Ward/Sent is tremendous. And the benefits of crit are much greater than a 2.15 EP ratio for all common specs besides 51 Purifier.

As a quick test before bed, I hopped on the PTR and compared HPS of two gear sets as 51 Sentinel/15 Puri. Why 51 Sentinel? Because it's a Serendipity spec and benefits the most from high SP due to a generous base modifier & the 36-point passive HI boost.

Here are the results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...5iaFE&hl=en_US

Each test was 5 minutes long and the observed crit was within 2-3% of actual crit. I could put together a HI-spam simulator in excel, but I was lazy and decided to parse instead. 10 minutes (~250 casts) of data per gearset is pretty good.

In summary, my findings report that a high-crit set, despite being "100 EP" inferior according to a 2.15 SP:CR weight ratio, ended up being superior HPS versus a high-SP set. This doesn't even take in to consideration the unseen benefits of crit, such as increased mobility.

So I'm not sure what your source is...but whoever came up with that figure is wrong for any Serendipity spec. Excel simulators predict ~1.79-1.85 for RF spam as P/S, and while there is no such data for W/S, Overflow and poor SP HoT scaling make extrapolation easy. The ratio is surely even lower for W/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Enig View Post
    Good work Bowler Hat. This makes a good reference for the BiS list I was creating.

After quickly comparing them I have found a few mistakes you might want to look at...

1. 'Mark of Darkness' Neck is BiS for DPS, which is incorrect. Should be 38 focus and not 38 spell crit
    Thanks for the spot, I have found two data entry errors so far, so statistically there should be a few more lurking in there somewhere. I have fixed this in the master copy and will republish later on tonight (my time).
    2. You are also missing the Saga necklaces, one being BiS. See here
    (Brilliant Shadestone Amulet - has an EP of 91.575)
    Hmm is that a gaurdian quest as well? I decided early on not to include reputation gear and augmented gear except where I already had the item listed or the items were notable enough to include (such as the Epic quest rewards). I don't want the list to become bloated, however perhaps these items can be included?

As I look through it I'll let you know if I find anymore. Most of them will be data entry errors.

Again great work on getting all the info in one place.
    Thanks man, your help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Drhouse View Post
    If you have lots of free time itd be nice if you could add the R5/R6 gear. Id like to see how it compare.
    That is an excellent suggestion as lots of people gearing up will have a mix of PVE and PVP gear in the early stages. I will put it on the "to do" list. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by saranya View Post
    You might want to specify what DPS spec you are assuming for the list, since different specs will weight stats differently. Judging from the ratio, it's probably the cookie cutter 31dru/24sha/11 spec.
    Yes, originally I had it listed as Melee DPS but on reflection realised that I was gearing my caster Inquisitor with similar crit goals in mind, so decided just to call it DPS instead

And a possibly related problem - pets scale with raw stats as well, and since they contribute a very significant amount of damage, the value of raw wisdom(and int if heavy druid using faerie) is significantly higher on a pet user than on a non pet user.
    Yes, I think this issue (although very valid) is out of scope for this document. For min/maxing at the top of end of town you would ideally use an individually calculated EP ratio for each role. This sort of detail is more at home in a deciated BiS list. My list should be getting more use through the middle sections than the top, at least that is what I intended for it

Pet base stats scale from your stats with equipment only. No buffs/pots/auras will affect these base stats(buffs and auras can directly affect their stats of course). Then on top of that, their AP/AC or SP/SC will gain a percentage of your current.

<snip>

So because pets double dip into your base stats, their values should be higher than just from the straight stat conversion.
    This is good food for thought. As a dedicated Druid who holds out hope that one day my gear levels will allow me to use a deep druid build, I will file this away in the memory banks. Perhaps this can be the basis of a dedicated Druid BiS? I'm still zonked out from the tedium of compiling this list, but might give something like this a go when my batteries have recharged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast