+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 100 of 100
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Guide to Healing] The 3x/3x/x builds

  1. #91
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Don't recall ever saying anywhere to use Healing Flame... Healing Flare is a personal choice, I keep it because for 1 point, there is simply nothing that is OMG better. Alsbeth debuff which requires you to run and not stop for instance, what do you plan to cast for a heal? All you've got is Healing Breath (8sec CD) and the debuff is 20sec, so you can get 2 HB off and a ton of Healing Flare while you run around like a chicken with your head cut off. I find that if not useful, then certainly stops me from feeling like I'm useless.

    Other than that, all of these builds are merely a compilation you nerd.
    OK, well im feeling like an idiot here and have some questions. From an authority or not, i dont care. Just from a fellow cleric healer.

    1)
    So much stuff to read on the forums and so many things to try. I had been using a 10sen/5war/51pur as my main healing spec for months. Read the forums and saw new things to try. I love the 51 pur, but where i am confused is, in the statement you say not to use Healing Flame? If im not supposed to be using Healing Flame, can someone tell me what I am supposed to be using as well as some rotations? Thats all i have been spamming for T1/T2s and raids. I geared myself, didnt have anyone to carry me. There are a few places where i have found a horrible time healing, ie: last boss of AP, as there is no mobility to healing and i simply cant heal it as a 51pur.

    2)
    I made a 32sen/31war/3pur, the mobility is great vs the 51pur i have been running. My question is, can this spec be a main tank healer or what is the role of this spec? Raid healing? Support? If it is possible to main tank heal can someone help me out with rotations please.

    3)
    Looked at more specs in forums and made another healing spec 32pur/14jus/20inq. This role seems to me as an all around role. I am deep puri to throw the single target heals, the justicar lets me do support aoe healing, not great but beneficial, and the inq is so i can go in as dps when i dont need to heal or i can use this as a solo/farming spec. yes i know it sounds silly to have an all in 1 spec when i simply add another one. well im broke, only 5p ingame, so i cant afford to buy a 5th spec.

    Please im not looking for trolls or flames, im looking for information. Also i fergot who mentioned it and i must thank them, the Templar spec with 0 or 5 (Magic Resist) is good to know about. Looking into that in a healing or tanking spec.

    My last spec is a tank spec, so i am taking my questions to a thread for cleric tanking.

  2. #92
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstncase View Post
    1)
    So much stuff to read on the forums and so many things to try. I had been using a 10sen/5war/51pur as my main healing spec for months. Read the forums and saw new things to try. I love the 51 pur, but where i am confused is, in the statement you say not to use Healing Flame? If im not supposed to be using Healing Flame, can someone tell me what I am supposed to be using as well as some rotations? Thats all i have been spamming for T1/T2s and raids. I geared myself, didnt have anyone to carry me. There are a few places where i have found a horrible time healing, ie: last boss of AP, as there is no mobility to healing and i simply cant heal it as a 51pur.
    • Restorative Flame is your main healing spell if you are Purifier or 34/32 Puri/Sent. That is what you spam on the tank, and in most cases the group, or if they don't need a lot of healing, a quick Healing Flare should do.
    • Have multiple healing specs. For the majority of dungeons nowadays it really doesn't matter what spec you use to heal with, but others will have a harder time on specific fights (like the aforementioned)... you might try 34/32 puri/sent, 51warden, 33/33 ward/sent, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstncase View Post
    2)
    I made a 32sen/31war/3pur, the mobility is great vs the 51pur i have been running. My question is, can this spec be a main tank healer or what is the role of this spec? Raid healing? Support? If it is possible to main tank heal can someone help me out with rotations please.
    • Yes it can be a main tank healer, however you will be trading some cooldowns and preventative healing (shields) for consistent healing (HoTs) It can also do raid healing... because of its heavy healing nature I wouldn't recommend it for support, I'd suggest Inquisicar or Senticar for support.
    • Rotations for Ward/Sent would be to maintain 4x Soothing stream, Healing Stream, Healing Current on tank... make use of Ripple for AoE HoTing, Healing Flood for consistent AoE healing, Healing Communion for Burst, Deluge for massive heals on tank... you could weave in Healing Invocation from sentinel for that as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstncase View Post
    3)
    Looked at more specs in forums and made another healing spec 32pur/14jus/20inq. This role seems to me as an all around role. I am deep puri to throw the single target heals, the justicar lets me do support aoe healing, not great but beneficial, and the inq is so i can go in as dps when i dont need to heal or i can use this as a solo/farming spec. yes i know it sounds silly to have an all in 1 spec when i simply add another one. well im broke, only 5p ingame, so i cant afford to buy a 5th spec.
    • Try Inquisicar for a support healer.. it does decent DPS... having Justicar as a support healer requires you to build Convictions to use Doctrine of Loyalty, Inquisitor's Bolt of Judgement and Sanction Heretic along with Justicar skills will build convictions quickly. 45/11/10 is a typical Inquisicar spec (inq/just/sent)
    Last edited by Sokanon; 07-01-2011 at 08:44 PM.

  3. #93
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    155

    Default

    what's the generic raid heal spec using purifier???? O_o
    so many pages to wade through just to find a simple answer

  4. #94
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Some form or function of 34/32 Puri/sent.

  5. #95
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyll View Post
    Also, max rank deluge hits well with 6 hots up, and only takes 68 mana, compared to 101 for HI.

    My tank rotation goes Healing Spray, Healing Current, Soothing Stream, Deluge (If needed), HI (If needed even after Deluge)

    SS will stay stacked at 4 with just one refresh per round, so you will always have 6 HoT's up for Deluge.

    Even if you have to go a full cycle with no Serendipity (which is rare), you will only be at 10/12 seconds, so you will also have time for a cleanse.

    In 51 warden I go w/o Healing Spray, as it isn't that great, but I find it fits into this build well.
    I think getting rid of healing current from your build will benefit more as it is a 2 sec cast and heals for a small amount, and your deluge will still have 6 hots with 4x soothing 1 spray and HI dot.

  6. #96
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    OR

    You could just use the good builds, 51 puri, 51 warden, 32/31/2 senticar.

    And be done with it because 51 puri = needed in ID and best cooldowns, 51 warden = best AoE heals with constant tank heals, by far highest HPS output, 32/31/2 senticar, 2 brez's and fast heals with no mana problems unless you can't get in melee.


    why use any of the builds the OP posted?
    *Looks at Greenscale* "Ima Boop you on the head"... "BOOP"*arrow hits Greenscale in the face* *slip away* "RoFL" .... Raid wipe.

  7. #97
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    OR

    You could just use the good builds, 51 puri, 51 warden, 32/31/2 senticar.

    And be done with it because 51 puri = needed in ID and best cooldowns, 51 warden = best AoE heals with constant tank heals, by far highest HPS output, 32/31/2 senticar, 2 brez's and fast heals with no mana problems unless you can't get in melee.


    why use any of the builds the OP posted?
    The OP is over a year old, I think the go to spcs may have changed.

    Seeing as 51 puri wasn't needed in ID back then nor does it have the 'best' CD, in addition to that very few people, if any, were using builds like senticar back then.
    Also I'd like to say Sent/Puri was and still is a viable build used by a fair number of healers.

    As a final point seeing as you appear to be a healing expert, I'd like to why are you reading the guide section instead of using your vast knowledge to post some helpful guides yourself.
    Last edited by Mouset; 06-23-2012 at 02:36 AM.

  8. #98
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    way to dig up stuff!

  9. #99
    Rift Master Dasmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    671

    Default

    I thought Mages were the Necromancers

  10. #100
    Plane Touched Bellamorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouset View Post

    Seeing as 51 puri wasn't needed in ID back then nor does it have the 'best' CD, in addition to that very few people, if any, were using builds like senticar back then.
    Also I'd like to say Sent/Puri was and still is a viable build used by a fair number of healers.
    I actually use a 31 puri 32 sent 3 cab spec for ID ive actually found to heal better for me then 51 puri. Faster heals imo plus a few better CD's make up for the lack of shields. 51 puri is nice but all it really has going for it imo is SC and bigger shields, the heals are way to damn slow.
    Last edited by Bellamorte; 06-23-2012 at 04:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts