+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing the Purifent - Professional Healing for all

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Introducing the Purifent - Professional Healing for all

NOTE: I am NOT claiming the "invention" of any build (I was shown this by Froster, a guildmate), merely introducing what I did not see on the forums. My only intent is to offer a build with a LOT of utility and GREAT healing, in hopes that others will enjoy it as much as I do. It is also extremely useful for healers new to 50.

The build:
    34 Purifier / 32 Sentinel
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...zzqz.E0Eobszco

Summary:
    One of the strongest, if not THE strongest tank healing build that I've found in the game. I dinged 50 and was still in quest greens / blues and went straight into T2 dungeons with no problem. I even healed through pulls that were accidental, and had any other healer been in there (especially so new) would have died. It's AoE healing is sufficient, but mana intensive, so used best only when necessary.

Advantages:
    10minute Battle rez
    5 minute duration (45sec CD) GS effect [Latent Blaze], easily maintainable on 3 targets
    2minute CD 5 charges of 10% crit a piece, reduced by 1 charge everytime you crit [Fiery Blessing] (also off the GCD)
    2minute CD for 5 spells with 30% reduced casting time, off the GCD, lasts 30 seconds [Healer's Haste]
    2minute PS effect [Healer's Covenant] 40% reduced damage on target 10sec duration
    1minute 25% increase in targets health, also healing them for that amount, 10sec duration
    1minute [Divine Call] INSTANT AoE heal, 20meter range
    45sec GUARANTEED next spell critical [Flashover], off the GCD, lasts 30sec
    45sec CD to make your next spell an instant cast [Touch of Light]
    45sec CD [Sterilize] to cleanse ALL effects on your target
    10sec CD [Empowering Light] for AoE cleanse
    [Cleansing Prayer] or [Cauterize] to single target cleanse without having a CD
    [Surging Flames] allows for overheal on the target splashes to members within 15meters
    [Healing Breath] INSTANT heal will also heal 2 targets within 15m for 60% effectiveness
    Your AoE heals reduce incoming damage by 5% for 6sec

Drawbacks:
    No mana return ability like the Warden or Druid/Shaman builds
    Mana intensive when using AoE healing

Here are two similar builds:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...zzqz.E0Eobszco

This first one, I dropped one point from Light Efficiency and picked up Healing Invocation. This allows for a bigger heal when the tank needs a quick top off. Because Restorative Flame does not heal for that much less than Healing Invocation and still provides a shield, I much prefer that when I am bombing heals on the tank. However, combined with Flashover and Touch the Light, Healing Invocation will provide you with a bigger heal and a better wipe saver.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...zzqz.E0xobstco

This build, I went ahead and took points from Light Concentration, as in a raid environment mana is not an issue. This allowed me to pick up Lasting Invocation for the HoT portion of HI. The best way I found to use this build is 1) preferably in a raid, although I'm sure it can manage t1/t2... and 2) use HI to put the HoT up and then spam Restorative Flame in between. This will give you the biggest bang for your buck when healing a single target, obviously making sure to keep up Healing Spray as well.

How it works:
    This build is strong enough to heal any T1 solo, and could easily do single target T2 bosses without the help of a bard/chloro. AoE fights, due to the mana intensity, it is MUCH more preferable to have a bard or chloro with you.

Your main spells will be Restorative Flame, Ward of the Ancestors, Healing Spray, and Healing Breath. Healing Flare is good for quickly topping someone off. Healing Breath is much more effective in "Oh ****" moments, however I find it useful as a filler, especially if its on the main tank while the melee are missing a few hundred HP.

Those who use this build will define themselves however, by the exquisite use of their CDs. I'm going to give a brief outline on my own playstyle, but it will really come down to circumstance.

I usually combine my [Flashover] + [Touch of Light] when the tank is getting behind on heals and needs to be topped as quickly as possible. [Healer's Haste] and [Healing Covenant] are 2 of the bigger cooldowns available to this build, and I use them sparingly, because I never know when I'll have need of them. I find large pulls (accidental for instance....) or spike damage is where these cooldowns truly shine. I also try and maintain [Latent Blaze] on at least 3 targets at all times, so when my group ends up in the "oh ****" moments, I've got a little leeway.

[Divine Call] is another "Oh ****" when the group takes massive spike damage and need a quick top off, especially if I'm healing a raid rift... this allows the mainly AoE healers to maintain a little breathing room without forcing me to expend too much mana. Potentially you could combine [Flashover] + [Divine Call] for a MASSIVE AoE heal effect, which will also provide the receivers with 5% damage reduction for 6 seconds, hopefully giving you some extra time to keep them alive.
    [Fiery Blessing] is great for when you know you might need a series of crits (when the tank is taking a dragon breath for instance).

Final Notes:
    -I chose to skip Blessing of the Flame for a few reasons. A 4% chance is simply too hard to plan for and as I have no mana problems, it's not something thats worthwhile. 2% extra crit in Flame Speaker overpowers it.
    -I chose 1 point in Light Efficiency because I needed 1 more point in the Sent tree for the battle rez, and for one point there is nothing clearly superior. I chose Light Efficiency because you WILL use AoE heals at some point, and 1 point is better than no points when effectiveness is concerned.

This build is as strong as they come. The single-target healing it provides is top-notch, and the utility it comes with is second to none. It's only drawback is on AoE intensive fights where your mana will be drained and you have no way to replenish it outside of potion use or bard/chloro help.

Fiery vs. Caregiverís:
    Caregiver's shields for 337 at Rank 7.

337 x 3 = 1011

Unbuffed Non crit RF: 1837
    Unbuffed Crit RF: 3131

3131-1837= 1294

One crit heal is worth more than ALL the shields Caregiver's could apply UNLESS you go more points into Caregiver's.

Fiery Blessing > Caregiver's in this case. The more buffs you have (i.e. raid environment) the more your crit heals are going to do, making the difference between Cg's shields and FB greater.

Buffed (Wisdom of the Era) Non crit RF: 1878
    Buffed (Wisdom of the Era) Crit RF: 3204

3204 - 1878 = 1326

Unless you spend more than 1 point in Caregiver's, 1 crit will outweigh ALL of the shields it puts up. However, given the fact it places shields ONLY when the target is healed by the Cleric, the only spell that would make Caregiver's useful would be Healing Flare, so you can stack shields instantly and move at the same time. However, many people argue against HF... personally I like it.

Unbuffed Healing Flare: 515
    Unbuffed crit Healing Flare: 878

Take a look

The spell only gets better with buffs, and with crits it makes it extremely nice for a spell that can be casted while moving.

Restorative Flame vs. Healing Invocation:

I also spend 1 point into HI simply to have a larger heal when using TtL + Flashover combo. However, the higher your SP, the more effective RF becomes over HI.

HI has a baseline of 3-400hp more than RF correct? Let's assume 1200 spellpower for both. Let's assume RF's baseline is 2000, making HI's 2350 (splitting the difference between 300 and 400).

RF + Ancestral shield = 2000+(1200*.60) = 2000+ 720 = 2720 total healing
    HI + HoT = 2350+(2350*.30) =2350 + 705 = 3055 total healing. So on paper, HI is better, but consider this:

Lasting Invocation is an 8second duration, and only heals for 30% of the amount actually healed (which does NOT count overhealing). I'm going to assume the HoT will tick once every 2 seconds (making it 176.5hp per tick).

If you're in a situation where HI is being spammed, you will get LESS effective healing than RF spam.

HI = 3second cast (you DO have Serendipity, but this will actually HURT you when considering your HoT ticks because you refresh them faster, a loss in healing)

8 second duration allows for 2 full casts non-Serendipity, however the HoT refreshes. If you cast HI, apply the HoT, it will tick ONCE for a total of [2350+176.5] = 2526hp, before your second cast lands.

If you were to time it out and allow for 2 casts (which is rough because when it comes to spamming large heals, you don't have time to do this usually)
    [2350 + (176.5*2)] = 2703... you're still slightly under RF spam.

If HI's LI were to tick every second for 8 seconds:
    705/8=88.125 * 3 = 264.375, offering you a total of 2350 + 264.375 = 2614.375, still putting you under RF spam at 1200 sp.

RF spam is clearly superior when higher amount of spellpower (essentially geared and raid buffed) are considered, and keep in mind, if HI does goes into overhealing, that amount does not count toward the 30% healing worth of LI.

Now for inbetween, applying HI for the Hot and THEN RF spamming, is the most effective way to do things, if you go that far into Sentinel.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 05-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

To clarify, I combine my [Flashover] + [Touch of Light] combo with my [Restorative Flame] as that is the MAIN healing spell of this build. There are other possible combinations as I mentioned, however they will come down to circumstance and/or preference.

Question: Why place points into an AoE buffing talent (Light effeciency) if this build is mana intensive for AoE? I would asume it would be situaltional and 5 points can be placed in other areas?

I run with this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tco..EboVcxdoz

I use Healing invocation as my main heal talented with lasting invoaction (HoT).

Pretty much all same pros as your build except I take a different main heal and also use Fiery Blessing to its fullest keeping it up every CD.

Also I don't run so heavy on the Shield buff, it really isnt super effective anyways and I find it works as a buffer for a big heal as I have it spec'd currently.
    Last edited by Artus; 04-13-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

Rift Disciple

Not sure if trolling... in any case:

Caregiver's Blessing
    Latent Blaze
    Healing Flare
    No Fiery Blessing

Surely you are joking. Also, haven't seen it on the forums? The 34/32 build is the most common dungeon healing build, EVERYONE has seen these threads. Fix your spec and you'll be right there with the rest of us. Dump the above 3, grab Fiery and put the other points in Flame Speaker.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    *snip*

How it works:
    This build is strong enough to heal any T1 solo, and could easily do single target T2 bosses without the help of a bard/chloro. AoE fights, due to the mana intensity, it is MUCH more preferable to have a bard or chloro with you.
    Chloro solo-heals those fights ;)

*snip*

[Caregiver's Blessing] is one of those cooldowns I try to save for tank-spike heavy fights. [Searing Transfusion] usually ends up being used more on these fights than most others, but I try to use it before I use [Flashover] + [Touch of Light] on my Restorative Flame.
    I always found Caregiver's Blessing (along with every other Blessing except Fiery) to be a complete waste of points. To little effect and generally a waste of a perfectly fine GCD as well. YMMV.

Conclusion:
    This build is as strong as they come. The single-target healing it provides is top-notch, and the utility it comes with is second to none. It's only drawback is on AoE intensive fights where your mana will be drained and you have no way to replenish it outside of potion use or bard/chloro help.
    Strange, I really get confused by this "Chloro help" thing. Hmm, what was the last T2 where I've needed Cleric help on my Chloro... oh right, that never happened.

OMG! I was only skipping over most parts of his text. Did he actually recommend Healing Flare? And left out Fiery Blessing? No wonder he needs Chloro "help"
    Last edited by Mridc; 04-13-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

RIFT Guide Writer

[Healing Invocation] and the subsequent points are a joke. [Restorative Flame] heals for more baseline, and combined with [Ancestral Flame] it is MUCH more effective than a 30% HoT (based on the heal). For example:

[Restorative Flame] has the same cast time, and already heals for more. However, let's assume they're equal. We'll do a baseline spellpower of 1000.

Let's say you heal for 2k on average. Your HoT will heal for 600, assuming it's left alone. My shield will shield for 600 (60% of spellpower). HOWEVER, because on heavy tank healing fights, your [Healing Invocation] HoT portion will be refreshed WAY before it ever reaches 8seconds. Most likely you'll be spamming this less effective heal, for a HoT that will be unable to tick for more than 4 seconds (offering you 300 healing (8sec duration for 600, half 4sec makes 300) ) OR you can be healing for MORE with [Restorative Flame] baseline + offering a 600 shield that will NOT be refreshed, but be used up (in all likelihood).

As for why to spec into [Light Efficiency], although AoE healing is mana intensive, you want to be EFFECTIVE at it. This isn't "Oh hey now I can spam AoE heals" this is simply to allow you to be BETTER when you DO have to use it (which you will).

Hope this helps!

Akir U talkin something more like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...stco..Ex0V0xbo
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

RIFT Guide Writer

[Fiery Blessing] is meh at best. This build is already focusing on high crit chances on the gear, and in healing intensive fights and raids, you won't be able to keep it up.

[Latent Blaze] allows for an 800+ heal when a target drops below 30% health, and is [easily] maintainable on 3 targets... why not have the ability to have a GS on 3 targets?

[Caregiver's Blessing] is I agree, meh. However, due to the amount of crit this build is gearing for, I find it more beneficial than [Fiery Blessing]. I could see switching the points based on playstyle, it won't have a severe effect on the build anyway.

I love when ego's go awry, and words like "introducing" are used, and examples of times when someone got carried are justification for how "good" someone is.

But yeah, 34/32 is a cookie cutter heal spec, and has been for a while... hate to rain on your parade.

Rift Disciple

purifier is laughable for experts. 3 second heals are tooo long, and your battle rez? LOL

BATTLE REZ!?!?1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..... have you ever seen anyone get up from a brez, and not get killed again instantly? Waste of points, and its only every 10 minutes, so someone will get up and get double death penalties every 10 mins.

The shields are a joke, because they just protect, you aren't moving the hp bar up. you are just preventing damage, which doesn't help, if the shield gets eaten away in one hit, the tank is still half health, whereas if you healed the tank with a hot, or real spell, it would be upto 75% instead of down to 20%.

A purifier spec should only be used for support healing in expert dungeons, and thats if you spec for all the cleanses, and shields.

RIFT Guide Writer

I think you guys read the title and failed to read my NOTE at the top of my post. Fail trolls are fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    [Fiery Blessing] is meh at best. This build is already focusing on high crit chances on the gear, and in healing intensive fights and raids, you won't be able to keep it up.

[Latent Blaze] allows for an 800+ heal when a target drops below 30% health, and is [easily] maintainable on 3 targets... why not have the ability to have a GS on 3 targets?

[Caregiver's Blessing] is I agree, meh. However, due to the amount of crit this build is gearing for, I find it more beneficial than [Fiery Blessing]. I could see switching the points based on playstyle, it won't have a severe effect on the build anyway.

I agree Latent blaze is not a huge talent and easily removeable but Fiery I think is a decent talent.

Caregiver's however I will be losing, I don't find myself using it much at all and unless you spec 36points+ in puri (Passive: Disciple of the Flame) I can't see it doing much in a raid setting.

PS: I Like these discussions it makes me check my own spec. Ill be moving stuff around when the server comes back up
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

RIFT Guide Writer

I have easily healed all T2 dungeons with this build. I was simply stating that this build is [in my experience] the best for the newer healers to use when they begin healing, as they can skip T1 and go straight to T2 without a hitch.

This build scales very well with gear, and will only increase in value. For those that are criticizing it based on its 5man "oh ill never use that utility" or that Brez people always die... weren't smart enough to use their Healing Breath or Touch of Light / flashover combo.

Again this build will define itself where those players know HOW and WHEN to use their CDs.

Cripes, I just reread the OP with edits, and feel the need to explain something here.

This cleric got carried through T2's by the most well geared players on our server. These guys are well known for not exactly being shy about their gear, or accomplishments. So a member bragging on the forums is pretty much status quo.

Sorry that the rest of you are now having to waste your time listening to the most egotistical kids on our server.

I hope no actual new clerics think they can just copy this flawed version of the 34/32 and hope to breeze through t2's. You will be sorely disappointed.

why watchful gaze (inc spellpower by xx%)? does it increase healing potential? i thought it only helped with damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast