+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing the Purifent - Professional Healing for all

Quote Originally Posted by Mridc View Post
    Chloro solo-heals those fights ;)

I always found Caregiver's Blessing (along with every other Blessing except Fiery) to be a complete waste of points. To little effect and generally a waste of a perfectly fine GCD as well. YMMV.

Strange, I really get confused by this "Chloro help" thing. Hmm, what was the last T2 where I've needed Cleric help on my Chloro... oh right, that never happened.

OMG! I was only skipping over most parts of his text. Did he actually recommend Healing Flare? And left out Fiery Blessing? No wonder he needs Chloro "help"
    You are a nice person.

hmm? Just so yall know 51 point Purifier solo heal 2nd boss fight of GS. No deaths, everbody running dps builds aside from purifer and tank on boss. Get pwned? Its all about playstyle, i have seen wardens, sentinels and purifers all MH t2 experts, and we have had three different clerics, all whom run different mainsouls heal the rouge fight and they have all done well. I will say warden seemed the weakest for the tank HP healing, however he still got it healed through. Its all playstyle, stop trolling and hating on people.

Oh, and yes i know at least 10 clerics who use a 30ish/30ish Purifer/sent build.

Quote Originally Posted by BoldPanda View Post
    You are a nice person.

Ya know, the whole RF/HI debate is stupid.

But what he said about Healing Flare was actually smart. Does it hit hard? No. But it is a no cool down on the fly heal that only costs 1 point. So I took it.

I mean, I pulled that point from Caregiver's Blessing. So no loss whatosever.
    Now if only I coudl find a better place in Purifier to put that last point from CAregiver's and be done with the whole stupid blessing entirley.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    hmm? Just so yall know 51 point Purifier solo heal 2nd boss fight of GS. No deaths, everbody running dps builds aside from purifer and tank on boss. Get pwned? Its all about playstyle, i have seen wardens, sentinels and purifers all MH t2 experts, and we have had three different clerics, all whom run different mainsouls heal the rouge fight and they have all done well. I will say warden seemed the weakest for the tank HP healing, however he still got it healed through. Its all playstyle, stop trolling and hating on people.

Oh, and yes i know at least 10 clerics who use a 30ish/30ish Purifer/sent build.
    Any Cleric with 1/2 a brain will run both.

I run 32/32/2 (Pur/Sent/Warden)
    &
    51/15/0 (Warden/Sent/Pur)

Healing is very situation and some situations Warden is better. Some Purifier/Sent is better.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    Any Cleric with 1/2 a brain will run both.

I run 32/32/2 (Pur/Sent/Warden)
    &
    51/15/0 (Warden/Sent/Pur)

Healing is very situation and some situations Warden is better. Some Purifier/Sent is better.
    Agreed. I run with 51 warden and 32/32/2 P/S/W also. The bigger issue isn't heal builds but getting DPS to stop standing in the same death spot and learn to pull their faces off their keyboards and look around.
    Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post

Because Healing Infiltrator is hard....such a damage intensive fight haha

I mean I don't mean to interrupt and Imma let you fail trolls finish but VeroProDiGY had the best troll thread of all time....all time.

Get original not to mention this spec is LOLOLOLOLOLOBSTER

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

Qwn

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    Ya know, the whole RF/HI debate is stupid.
    I posted this on a different forum in response to someone insisting that HI is crap.
    I'll post it here too because neither is crap, both are good. It depends on what you do with them and how you gear as to how effective they are for you.

Warning- Incoming wall of text Skip by if you dont care about the HI/RF debate
    I did the theory crafting to find out if HI talented with the hot is better than a talented Restorative Flame.

First off the shield on Restorative flame is based on your sp- the shield absorbs damage equal to 60% of your spell power, therefore, it is different for everyone and every spec based on talents and gear. For me it absorbs about 150 less than the hot supplies over time.

Secondly the spell power co-efficients seem to be higher on HI- the tool tip tells you that Restorative Flame heals for 591-599 for 98 mana and Healing Invocation heals for 627-635 for 90 mana (ssuming this is correct) Either way an average of 20 non crit heals for me showed that HI heals for approximately 150 more than restorative flame. For 8 less mana. So off the top it heals more for less without the hot(1 talent pnt for the spell) against a talented(5pnts Intense Flames)to improved Restorative Flame without shield talents. (Another 5 points to add shield)

When you spend talents in both to fully buff them then your spell power comes into play. But your RF cost 10 pnts to the 6pnts the HI cost over all.

The hot that is based on 30% of that heal is roughly 25% higher than the shield, for me.

With a high crit percentage my heals and hots on HI by far give me more hpm than restorative flame with it's shield. Without crits it is still higher just not as impressively.

I rotate HI and RF because they are both very useful. I wont over write a hot if Im putting on a shield with RF instead, and so on.

Depending on how you gear yourself and talent yourself you will have to test those main heals to see what is giving you more for less. It will be different for everyone. While I don't disagree that some clerics's set up may make HI worse for them, (minus the fact it took 10 talent points to make it better rather than 6) it may not apply to you. It doesn't apply to me. When I change gear it might. It's something you either decide to fully talent and just rotate and get a little from both or you revisit and re analyze it as your sp and crit percentages change.

Here is my build by the way- Its where I distributed my caregivers points once I realized it was useless =) I tried 8 different variations for 34/32 and ran the math. I never run out of mana even when solo healing T1's through AOE damage, worse that happens is that I pop a pot. I like the mana situation and the huge crits in this build with my gear. Life is good as a what did you call it? Im changin it to a Puritel. Done. =)
    Last edited by Qwn; 04-13-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    ~Good Girls are Bad Girls that don't get caught~
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Queen~Qwn ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ......Cynical Guild~ 10/11 HK~Shatterbone~ PVE........

Qwn

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    VeroProDiGY had the best troll thread of all time....all time.
    Agreed. /10

Quote Originally Posted by VeroProDiGY View Post
    Because Healing Infiltrator is hard....such a damage intensive fight haha

I mean I don't mean to interrupt and Imma let you fail trolls finish but VeroProDiGY had the best troll thread of all time....all time.

Get original not to mention this spec is LOLOLOLOLOLOBSTER
    If only we could vote people out!

If only I had ban powers...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by akirhol View Post
    You obviously have little experience healing T2s despite your claim. You do not have time for Latent Blaze on a 3s cast during boss fights, and it doesn't matter on trash pulls. If it was instant cast, it would be worth the point. Wasting 3 seconds to cast Latent Blaze, especially on more than one target, can put the tank's life in dire jeopardy. The only way that is a viable skill is if you are running 3 healers in fights like the 2nd boss in DSM. Meanwhile, Fiery + Healer's Haste + Serendipty = incredible burst healing.
    Latent Blaze lasts 5min with 45s CD. You are missing out if you don't have it on you, your tank + DPS most likely to pull aggro.

PS I would have thought it goes without saying you don't cast latent blaze when your tank is taking heavy damage, but that doesn't stop it from being awesome...

Man, I'm out of it. Why in the heck would I cast latent blaze in the middle of a fight? I am casting it pre-pull or if I have nothing better to do.
    Rift

Soulwalker

This is a very interesting discussion, and really helps with trying to work out a better build for myself.

I'm wondering..Have any of you guys, running T1/T2 with these hybrid Puri/Sent builds also tried a 51 Purifier? and how do you feel they compare?

I'm running two roles at the moment 51 Puri..Switching to 51 Ward for some fights as needed. I'm still kind of new to the Purifier, and not sure if I'm really gimping myself by going pure.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedez View Post
    This is a very interesting discussion, and really helps with trying to work out a better build for myself.

I'm wondering..Have any of you guys, running T1/T2 with these hybrid Puri/Sent builds also tried a 51 Purifier? and how do you feel they compare?

I'm running two roles at the moment 51 Puri..Switching to 51 Ward for some fights as needed. I'm still kind of new to the Purifier, and not sure if I'm really gimping myself by going pure.
    I am too fond of the utility from Sentinel to go 51 Purifier... I would greatly miss Divine Call and the brez, as well as the AOE cleanse. Admittedly though, the only fight where the AOE cleanse is incredibly useful is Ragnoth in ITex. Serendipity is quite nice to have as well as Healer's Haste.

Gimping yourself though? If you are successfully healing T2s, then no... you aren't gimping yourself. And that's really what all this comes down to is whether or not you are successful at your role with your chosen play style. Yes I dislike Latent Blaze, obviously there are others here that like it. It's a play style choice.

RIFT Guide Writer

Nice post Qwn, I'll have to take a look at this. Combining HI with RF if you have both specs correct could be useful, I'm curious as to what kind of utility one would lose and if it would be noticable.

Qwn

@Akirhol Its a one point spell that you cast before the tank pulls.
    If you come up short healing and he goes under 30 percent its a free heal you didnt have to cast. Or even think about.

You can cast it on melee too if its a fight that has aoe damage.
    Or yourself if you get tunnel vision or beat down.

Has a 5min timer, should always be on the tank the whole fight unless it proc's its use. Most fights are less than 5 mins.

You probably dont want to cast it mid fight, but why would you need to?
    Hopefully it doesn't happen often that the tank is under 30% health during a boss encounter.

An angel on your tanks shoulder that cost only one point, why not take it?

I can understand you not "needing it" but disliking it? I don't see why. It has its benefits and no disadvantages.

@Mercedez

Split spec is basically to help you keep up more than just a tank. While still killing it on tank heals. You also get the advantages of more sp/bigger heals, higher crit, more mana. However, your deep puri tree might even that out anyway. I suggest you give it a try and see if it makes things easier for you in your current groups but your spec is still 100% viable. Comes down to playstyle.
    Last edited by Qwn; 04-13-2011 at 02:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast