+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing the Purifent - Professional Healing for all

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
    The blessing goes on you, and applies to every heal you toss out, from what I've been able to notice.

Also, it will not apply on "soft" hots with no direct heal component, but will apply on things like Healing Current.
    Yes that is true, I worded my response incorrectly. I meant you're most likely to be using it as a tank healing effect.

The shield is minimal at best, and is also unaffected by Protection of the Ancients. You would get a total of 6 heals (with the bonus points), allowing for 6 shields. Assuming 1k spell power, your Restorative Flame is already shielding for 600, and although its normal cast is 3seconds, Serendipity is up a good portion of the time, making its cast time 1.5sec. Caregiver's Blessing is useful, I just don't feel the extra 3 shields are worth 3 points.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post

I think the Caregiver's Blessing bonus for more shields is meh, because it's only on one target, i.e. the tank or whoever you place the blessing on. And then you HAVE to heal them to put a shield on them (so its most likely going to be a tank). Might as well just spam Restorative Flames for large heals and Ancestral Flame procs.
    Caregivers Blessing STACKS with Restorative Flames Shield (Ancestral Flame) =D ... its not about using one over the other its about stacking them when you need more migration because the tank is getting beat.

Also Opening with Ward of the Ancestors + Restorative Flame + Caregivers Blessing+Searing Transfusion as Tank runs in is awesome to migrate that first punch while you settle into place.
    Last edited by Fayth; 04-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    Caregivers Blessing STACKS with Restorative Flames Shield (Ancestral Flame) =D

Also Opening with Ward of the Ancestors + Restorative Flame + Caregivers Blessing+Searing Transfusion as Tank runs in is awesome to migrate that first punch while you settle into place.
    Yes I'm aware it stacks . Your opener is unique and I could definitely see using this in current raiding content, thanks for the tip!

I usually do Restorative Flame + WoTA in that order. Searing Transfusion is my most unused cooldown.. I really am in need of working out how I best benefit for this. I feel that because it increases the health of the tank by 25%, and heals them for that amount, that it is better saved as an "oh ****" button, because the heal is based on the Cleric's HP.

I.E. in a raid, 5khp (25% is 1250hp), so its an increase and a guarantee INSTANT 1250hp heal.

If you have any other tips for its use, I'd love to hear them.

I still think 32/32/2 is better. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oz.E0A00stco.b

AS to the OP.
    Anyone that uses a 34/32 spec and doesn't have Fiery is doing a HUGE disservice to themselves and there group. Fiery can make all the difference in the world for combating huge spike damage. It may not be a guaranteed critical, but it is EXTREMELY effective.

I also find having Healing Current from the warden tree is great for maintaining the tank on trash and basically those 2 points get wasted in Sentinel or Purifier, so better off in Warden getting Healing Current.

Healing Innvocation & Restorative Flame are probably about equal. It's simply a matter of what you prefer. IMO, RF requires 10 points put in (shield + 5%) while HI only requires 6pts put in. But to each his own, I'm not going to argue the merits of one or the other.

Also Caregiver's Blessing is about as much of a waste of 2pts as I can bare. Wish I could find a better place to put those 2 points.

Latent Blaze is amazing.
    Surging Flames is pretty good. (Thanks for the minor nerf there Trion, ****s).
    Life's Return is amazing. I've used this hundreds of times to get people back in the fight.
    Divine Call is amazing.
    Searing Transfusion is pretty good, but the fact that it's on a 1min CD makes it amazing.
    Healer's Covenant is amazing.

FYI: Searing Transfusion is NOT better off saved. Thing's on a 1min friggen CD. Pop that thing everytime it's up. What good is it doing you if you never use it?
    Your Oh ****! buttons are Healer's Covenant, Fiery Blessing & Healer's Haste. and even those are all 2min CD's or less.
    Last edited by Rendar; 04-13-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    I still think 32/32/2 is better. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oz.E0A00stco.b

AS to the OP.
    Anyone that uses a 34/32 spec and doesn't have Fiery is doing a HUGE disservice to themselves and there group. Fiery can make all the difference in the world for combating huge spike damage. It may not be a guaranteed critical, but it is EXTREMELY effective.

I also find having Healing Current from the warden tree is great for maintaining the tank on trash and basically those 2 points get wasted in Sentinel or Purifier, so better off in Warden getting Healing Current.

Healing Innvocation & Restorative Flame are probably about equal. It's simply a matter of what you prefer. IMO, RF requires 10 points put in (shield + 5%) while HI only requires 6pts put in. But to each his own, I'm not going to argue the merits of one or the other.

Also Caregiver's Blessing is about as much of a waste of 2pts as I can bare. Wish I could find a better place to put those 2 points.

Latent Blaze is amazing.
    Life's Return is amazing. I've used this hundreds of times to get people back in the fight.
    Divine Call is amazing.
    Searing Transfusion is pretty good, but the fact that it's on a 1min CD makes it amazing.

FYI: Searing Transfusion is NOT better off saved. Thing's on a 1min friggen CD. Pop that thing everytime it's up. What good is it doing you if you never use it?
    Your Oh ****! buttons are Healer's Covenant, Fiery Blessing & Healer's Haste. and even those are all 2min CD's or less.

and of course your Touch the Light + Flashover macro for an instant HI or RF.
    That's another Oh **** button.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Soulwalker

Well when you talked about healing flare earlier my on the go instance cast go.

Healing Breath > Searing Transfusion > Ward of the Ancestors ... usually by then i am planted again but remember clerics if it is a single boss fight with little to no AoE healing but you have to move for whatever reason and you CDs are up, you can burn Divine Call for your tank still =D

Obvious combo but one of my favorites is

Flashover + Divine Call

Oh S*** fav

Touch of Light + Flashover + Restorative Flame > Procs Serendipity + Fiery Blessing(before global cd is up from using an instance cast) > Restorative Flame Spam x 3. usually i get at least 2 crits so its like casting on crack for 15sec.

Other than that on fights where fear or stun or something that locks me out can happen i swap out warden for templar for the break free skill. situational skill but you can swap it without respec since warden has no points in it whenever you want then back after the fight.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post

AS to the OP.

Latent Blaze is amazing.
    Divine Call is amazing.

Healing Innvocation is a fail and waste of 6 points right now. If you over heal which is the point of this spec to AoE you group because of surging flames or you just catch up the heal dot from HI only grants a heal dot value based on the amount healed on the tank not how much the total heal was for.

So lets say you crit for 4k heal

HI dot = 1200

nice right

but lets say the off healer fills him up and you hit for 1k and over heal for 3k

HI dot = 300

Also the dot is over 8 seconds so if you have to HI spam you are overriding your dot when you can just use Restorative Flame and by the time the next one hits the shield has always been used thus in my experience leading to more overall migration then healing from the HI hot

RIFT Guide Writer

I would argue to the death that Healing Invocation + Lasting Invocation are inferior to Restorative Flame + Ancestral Flame.

Again of the why:
    HoT vs Shield:

Healing Invocation is your large Sentinel heal, the same cast time as Restorative Flame, but heals for a lot less. When you use Healing Invocation you end up with an 8sec HoT for 30% of the amount healed.

Restorative Flame provides you with a larger heal on the same cast time, and a shield based on 60% of your spellpower.

If you are in a tank heavy fight and end up having to bomb heal your tank, you'll be REFRESHING your HoT, losing ticks, whereas the shield provided by Ancestral Flame will be completely used up and negates 60% of spellpower worth of damage (600 shield @ 1000sp for instance). Far more useful in my humble opinion, but again to each his own.

Fiery Blessing vs Healing Flare:

Fiery Blessing is meh because of the way it works, its a chance, just like any crit. You can also only have one blessing on at a time, so if you by chance need Caregiver's, you'd overwrite Fiery. Or lose out on Caregiver's if you switch to Fiery.

Healing Flare, while a ****ty heal (average of 4-600 heal), it is instant and usable while moving. Considering the only good on the move heals this build has is Divine Call (1min CD), and Healing Breath (8sec CD), having 1 more can't hurt.

I feel that these two abilities come down to more or less play style preference rather than a "must have", like I would rate Restorative Flame + Ancestral Flame usage over Healing Invocation/Lasting Invocation.

Rift Disciple

Holy crap where to start...

[Healing Invocation] and the subsequent points are a joke. [Restorative Flame] heals for more baseline, and combined with [Ancestral Flame] it is MUCH more effective than a 30% HoT (based on the heal).
    No it doesn't, HI has a higher baseline heal. About 2k (RF) vs 2.4k (HI) at 1000 SP. You are correct about Ancestral Flame tipping the balance in RF's favor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Artus View Post
    Akir U talkin something more like this?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...stco..Ex0V0xbo
    No, more like this.

[Fiery Blessing] is meh at best. This build is already focusing on high crit chances on the gear, and in healing intensive fights and raids, you won't be able to keep it up.

[Latent Blaze] allows for an 800+ heal when a target drops below 30% health, and is [easily] maintainable on 3 targets... why not have the ability to have a GS on 3 targets?
    You obviously have little experience healing T2s despite your claim. You do not have time for Latent Blaze on a 3s cast during boss fights, and it doesn't matter on trash pulls. If it was instant cast, it would be worth the point. Wasting 3 seconds to cast Latent Blaze, especially on more than one target, can put the tank's life in dire jeopardy. The only way that is a viable skill is if you are running 3 healers in fights like the 2nd boss in DSM. Meanwhile, Fiery + Healer's Haste + Serendipty = incredible burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobos GoreFang View Post
    purifier is laughable for experts. 3 second heals are tooo long, and your battle rez? LOL

BATTLE REZ!?!?1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ..... have you ever seen anyone get up from a brez, and not get killed again instantly? Waste of points, and its only every 10 minutes, so someone will get up and get double death penalties every 10 mins.

The shields are a joke, because they just protect, you aren't moving the hp bar up. you are just preventing damage, which doesn't help, if the shield gets eaten away in one hit, the tank is still half health, whereas if you healed the tank with a hot, or real spell, it would be upto 75% instead of down to 20%.

A purifier spec should only be used for support healing in expert dungeons, and thats if you spec for all the cleanses, and shields.
    Just... go away. You are either a troll or oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    3-second heals have very low HPS when not being boosted by cooldowns. They're rarely good for spamming outside of timing for a damage spike or when in raids healing a tank taking heavy damage.

Sent/pur is one of the lowest HPS builds on the tank and is very weak for aoe healing, that includes your shields. It also has terrible synergy.

For these reasons it is falling out of favor with most competent clerics.
    Highly incorrect, our 3 second casts are both the highest HPS and highest HP/Mana heals we have. Try to run some numbers before posting nonsense. I would gladly post the numbers myself if I was at home.

Healing Innvocation is a fail and waste of 6 points right now. If you over heal which is the point of this spec to AoE you group because of surging flames or you just catch up the heal dot from HI only grants a heal dot value based on the amount healed on the tank not how much the total heal was for.

So lets say you crit for 4k heal

HI dot = 1200

nice right

but lets say the off healer fills him up and you hit for 1k and over heal for 3k

HI dot = 300

Also the dot is over 8 seconds so if you have to HI spam you are overriding your dot when you can just use Restorative Flame and by the time the next one hits the shield has always been used thus in my experience leading to more overall migration then healing from the HI hot
    Please re-read my post again. I underlined the most important part for you.

*sigh*

AS to the OP.

Latent Blaze is amazing.
    Divine Call is amazing.

Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by akirhol View Post

No it doesn't, HI has a higher baseline heal. About 2k (RF) vs 2.4k (HI) at 1000 SP. You are correct about Ancestral Flame tipping the balance in RF's favor though.

I would like to see the numbers on this. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm merely saying giving the information I have, I believe RF has a higher baseline than HI (assuming you can trust the tooltips). Much appreciated for any further information you could provide on this matter.

Soulwalker

You said they are equal. THEY ARE NOT EQUAL HI is inferior to RF

*sigh*

Rift Disciple

I would like to see the numbers on this. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm merely saying giving the information I have, I believe RF has a higher baseline than HI (assuming you can trust the tooltips). Much appreciated for any further information you could provide on this matter.
    The tooltips are all more reason to believe HI has a higher baseline heal... the listed heal (pre-SP coefficient) is higher on HI. Even after the 5% from Intense Flames HI is still higher baseline. This is also based on personal experience... it's the reason I actually keep one point in HI (but not the HOT) ... when I use Touch + Flashover, I use HI for the larger single hit then resume RF spam. I'm am not, however, confident that the HI crit overcomes the RF crit + shield. This requires more testing on my part.

You said they are equal. THEY ARE NOT EQUAL HI is inferior to RF

*sigh*
    Once again. Learn to read.

I said "They are probably about equal".

and what I mean by that is either one can be used just fine for keeping a tank alive in T1/T2 or Raid level content.

Because I've done all of it with that build.

I'm going to say this one last time and then I'm done with it. You can continue to argue with me if you like, but I'm done.

The reason that I choose HI over RF is NOT because one is better then the other. I choose HI because I like the point distribution better. In order to get RF up to the level that I want, I have to put too many points into it and sacrifice other abilities I am not willing to give up.

So once again, for the last F'ING TIME. THEY ARE ABOUT EQUAL! THEY CAN BOTH BE USED EQUALLY TO KEEP THE GOD DAMNED TANK ALIVE! AND THAT IS THE END GAME POINT OF THIS BUILD!

Christ all mighty. Like talking to a wall.
    Last edited by Rendar; 04-13-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    Lord Rendar
    Knight, UDL
    www.undeadlords.net
    Sunrest-RP PvP

Plane Touched

Your information is incorrect. I can't give exactl numbers, since I'm not on my Cleric atm, but HI indeed has an around 50ish higher base value. Furthermore, HI scales with 138% of spell power, while RF only scales with 120%. RF's one and only saving grace is AF. If it were not for AF, not even Purifiers would bother using RF.
    Better living through technology!
    Inventing Cleric builds is too mainstream for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast