+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing the Purifent - Professional Healing for all

Not to be ******ed, but Fiery Blessing: Do I cast that on myself or the tank?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shonie View Post
    I just read this whole thread...

Interesting. The bottom line is that everyone thinks their build is the best, because if they didn't, they would change it.
    It all comes down to what you prefer playing. A few dozen or even a few hundred heal points either way won't make a difference if you win or lose a fight. If it does, you probably weren't destined to win the fight anyways, or you'll win the fight the next try when one of your heals crits at the right time. Or you'll just roll through the fight easy regardless of build.

Party composition and player ability is far more important than some silly math equations to figure out which builds are better by the tenth of a percentage point. Most boss fights require different builds anyways, so why fight over which one build is best at everything?
    If you have an off-healer helping, what difference does it make? I don't care if the boss fight lasts 5 minutes as opposed to 7 minutes just so I can say I was the only healer in the fight.
    Either way, the win would never happen without the other 4 people in the group with you.
    The real point is: Between RF/HI if you utterly maximize utility by having both and a rotation where the hot runs its course you are adding 38-42 hps (given my gear). Which considering I average 1100 hps is a rounding error.

Points in HI are a waste...

3 sec cast... your only going to use one of them.. and RF with Ancestral is much better.

Also since this is not a AE healing build.... why waste the points in 5% damage reduce for 6 sec. Take those out and put them in AE range... much more usful when moving around puddles and trying to hit all people involved.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Korrow View Post
    Points in HI are a waste...

3 sec cast... your only going to use one of them.. and RF with Ancestral is much better.

Also since this is not a AE healing build.... why waste the points in 5% damage reduce for 6 sec. Take those out and put them in AE range... much more usful when moving around puddles and trying to hit all people involved.
    It can AoE heal just fine assuming you know how to conserve your mana (i.e. don't spam, plan it out when abilities are flying, use potions for max effectiveness, etc). 3yd range isn't enough to make a difference in most situations. It will come down to preference and I definitely prefer the PotF than the AoE range increase for 3yds.

The 1 pt in HI is for TtL+Flashover combo because HI heals for more and it is a better emergency tank topper than RF.

@Frenzy

Fiery Blessing is a self buff and will increase your critical strike chance by 10% per stack (5 stacks at start so 50%) and will be reduced 1 stack (10%) per critical heal until you run out of stacks.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 06-10-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    @Frenzy

Fiery Blessing is a self buff and will increase your critical strike chance by 10% per stack (5 stacks at start so 50%) and will be reduced 1 stack (10%) per critical heal until you run out of stacks.
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. Nice thread!

Soulwalker

Nice thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Valcor View Post
    Sorry linked wrong one, stupid forum edit. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tco..Ex0E00kqz

I don't like combining Flashover and Touch of the Light into one macro. Reason being I don't want to waste the crit on a HI heal, and then you get overheal and the HoT is not worth as much, as others have stated. And I don't want to not be able to have a "oh sh*t" heal handy because I wasted TotL on my normal rotation.

So I put Flashover with RF as my "main heal" and save TotL with HI for my "oh sh*t" heal. Works well for me

RIFT Guide Writer

Average spec. My only concern is your 1pt in Blessing of the Flame. 2 out of 100 spells will cost 0 mana. That's so negligible it's not even funny. 2/2 Blessing of the Flame is stupidly negligible as is, 1 makes it more than trivial.

That point would be better spent in a lot of different places Healing Flare, Caregiver's Blessing, Protector of the Flock, or even Healing Blessing as much as I hate to say that.

I personally favor Healing Flare because fights where you move a lot (Alsbeth when you have to run around for the debuff) its the only spammable instant cast spell.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 06-14-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Average spec. My only concern is your 1pt in Blessing of the Flame. 2 out of 100 spells will cost 0 mana. That's so negligible it's not even funny. 2/2 Blessing of the Flame is stupidly negligible as is, 1 makes it more than trivial.

That point would be better spent in a lot of different places Healing Flare, Caregiver's Blessing, Protector of the Flock, or even Healing Blessing as much as I hate to say that.

I personally favor Healing Flare because fights where you move a lot (Alsbeth when you have to run around for the debuff) its the only spammable instant cast spell.
    Good call, thanks for the feedback! Most fights that involve having to run around I typically use full Warden. I also use Warden on all of the raid bosses (except full Puri on GS). This is basically a dungeon/rift healing spec for me. That being said I would think that using that point in Caregiver's Blessing would outweigh Healing Flare?

spec sucks, no offense.

in fact, purifier is just bad in general. that line needs a major overhaul. i've seen that they're buffing it next patch, but the developers don't realize the real problems with the line, and probably never will.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

RIFT Guide Writer

Good call, thanks for the feedback! Most fights that involve having to run around I typically use full Warden. I also use Warden on all of the raid bosses (except full Puri on GS). This is basically a dungeon/rift healing spec for me. That being said I would think that using that point in Caregiver's Blessing would outweigh Healing Flare?
    Really depends on your playstyle, I personally favor Healing Flare... I don't feel Caregiver's is that great as it stands now, but they're buffing it in 1.3 so I may switch the point from HF to CG then.

Problem with Caregiver's is you have to cast it on your target, then heal them for them to receive a shield. It's currently only shielding for 337 damage.... the only way to get the bang for your buck with CG is WITH Healing Flare... cast CG then spam HF so it uses the shields quickly, otherwise you'd be forced to use it on RF.

@aylictal

Yes, the spec that the majority of clerics use suck. If you don't like it, you don't like it.... but its probably the most played spec aside from 51 warden. Just because you don't like it, or YOU suck with it, doesn't make it a bad spec. Troll elsewhere please.

joi
    Plane Walker

Generally the same build I have been using since week 2 of release. It is solid, general all around build. Decent AoE, decent single target, Brez, and a ton of useful CDs. If you are under 1k SP, builds that focus more on HI are preferable but once past that mark...RF is better. I use this build most the time, but that's mostly cus of brez...as our class lead said many times "If you don't have brez, you suck". No lie.

Really think brez should be like a 15 point talent and or a base line spell. It really limits builds, all the groups I have run with always tell you to res the idiot who stood in fire...oops sorry guys, I am in another spec...WHAT THE HELL?!

Really depends on your playstyle, I personally favor Healing Flare... I don't feel Caregiver's is that great as it stands now, but they're buffing it in 1.3 so I may switch the point from HF to CG then.

Problem with Caregiver's is you have to cast it on your target, then heal them for them to receive a shield. It's currently only shielding for 337 damage.... the only way to get the bang for your buck with CG is WITH Healing Flare... cast CG then spam HF so it uses the shields quickly, otherwise you'd be forced to use it on RF.

@aylictal

Yes, the spec that the majority of clerics use suck. If you don't like it, you don't like it.... but its probably the most played spec aside from 51 warden. Just because you don't like it, or YOU suck with it, doesn't make it a bad spec. Troll elsewhere please.
    Caregivers is an instant cast non-GCD self buff that applies shields to all single target heals. Not casted on the target. As in if you pop Caregivers then Healing Flare on 3 people, those 3 people get Caregiver's shields.

TBH, the fact that you GOT HEALING FLARE AND DIDN'T GET CAREGIVERS made me stop reading and caring. Caregivers is actually amazing if you are a dedicated tank healer, especially on fights such as Greenscale, where it helps mitigate Noxious Fumes.
    Last edited by Brolly; 06-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-need-love-too.
    Henceforth only Rogues and Clerics may QQ.

‎"Whenever I start to feel love and compassion for the human race I remind myself that TMZ exists so I can go back to being a misanthrope"

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Brolly View Post
    Caregivers is an instant cast non-GCD self buff that applies shields to all single target heals. Not casted on the target. As in if you pop Caregivers then Healing Flare on 3 people, those 3 people get Caregiver's shields.

TBH, the fact that you GOT HEALING FLARE AND DIDN'T GET CAREGIVERS made me stop reading and caring. Caregivers is actually amazing if you are a dedicated tank healer, especially on fights such as Greenscale, where it helps mitigate Noxious Fumes.
    Considering we use a Rogue tank, who can take 2 breaths by himself.... a 51pt Purifier can mitigate another with Spiritual Conflagration, yet another with Rite of the Ancestors, and assuming you get more in succession, the Rogue's CDs are back up (pending they aren't there is a Healer's Covenant ready)...at which point Spiritual Conflagration is back up and usable, etc.

In our raiding I've never actually had to use outside CDs except in the unexpected situation that our MT or myself didn't use cooldowns exactly where they should be used. Leaving no room for Caregiver's as a necessity. 6 Shields x 337 = 2022 damage... and unfortunately its delayed and not upfront, the biggest loss in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast