+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Aador

Thread: Quick Power Leveling Guide

Soulwalker

Default Quick Power Leveling Guide

Disclaimer : Not a guide writer. Do this to help folks. Take what info you can use from it, leave what you don't need. Feel free to comment with advice/suggestions..

Applies for all power leveling 1-70
    Items the power leveler should be wearing - Insoles, Riding chaps, weapon enchants, food, raid vial, Speedy shark snack (gyel only as anything where the power leveler has to mentor, te feast boost comes in handy)
    Items the person being power leveled should be wearing - 160 vial

1-15 - 15 minutes
    Summon with personal summon or rift summon to stillmoore, Have them auto follow
    Take them through the castle until level 15, sidekicked to 50 while you remain 70.

Level 15-50 1 hourish
    Zone - Charmers Caldera
    Person being power leveled - Side kicked
    Person doing power leveling - Mentored to 50 (make sure you use a build for this that can handle it)

50-52 - 20 minutes
    Use a personal or rift summon to dendrome, hive. Run around destroying everything while person follows mounted
    Person being power leveled - Side kicks to 60
    Person doing power leveling - Unmentored

52-54 - 5 minutes
    Zone - Unhallowed boneforge
    Person being power leveled - Normal level

54 - 60 - 20 minutes
    Zone - Golem Foundry
    Person being power leveled - Normal level

60-65 - 25 minutes
    Zone - Gyel normal
    Person being power leveled - Normal Level

66-70 - 2 hours
    Zone - Gyel normal : Once 66 is reached, Person being power leveled will need to mentor to 60, then change each level until they can mentor to the "sweet spot" of 63.

If you become locked from gyel normal, do gyel expert with person being power leveled unmentored to reset normal. Then if locked out again, wait 15 minutes for lock out to reset.

Best classes for power leveling in general tends to be Cleric - Shaman w/ enough oracle for the unlimited ranged ball/run speed build, or Warrior in riftblade with a run speed build. Other classes likely have something similar, these are just the 2 I prefer.

Soulwalker

I'm interested in your Cleric power leveling spec mentioned at the bottom of this post. Can anyone point me to the guide?

Telaran

Looks fine.

Is patron and 160% added?

Soulwalker

I was curious about patron myself. Im PL'ing an alt in CC right now and Im waaaaaay over an hour and only level 37 now. I ended up getting patron just to speed things up.

Using a rogue atm as the PL'er. It's going smooth, but if there is a faster way I'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Azzariah View Post
    I was curious about patron myself. Im PL'ing an alt in CC right now and Im waaaaaay over an hour and only level 37 now. I ended up getting patron just to speed things up.

Using a rogue atm as the PL'er. It's going smooth, but if there is a faster way I'm all ears
    Patron helps but isn't necessary. A 160% xp vial IS necessary, however. Without that, this will take a lot longer.
    Kelyk@Greybriar | Kalyk@Greybriar | Kely@Greybriar | Kyely@Greybriar | Kekly@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Tried the method that the OP mentioned from 65 and up. I was only able to get 2 levels in 2 hours. Used 160 pot, patron and Ascended XP bonus. I used a primalist as the PL clearing everything up to, and killing the third boss. Took just over 6 minutes per run. Teleported out, as my alt walked out. Reset instance and ran alt right back in.

I read other guides saying to clear everything to the ramp, but the walk out seemed like a loss to me. Bosses offered just over 900k XP per kill. Made some pretty good plat by picking up all the blues. Was also able to get about 20 Dust of the Void from the dogs called from the first boss. This includes the run from 60-65 in Gyel as well.

If anyone has a better method, post up!

Quote Originally Posted by Aador View Post
    [B][I][COLOR="red"]66-70 - 2 hours
    Zone - Gyel normal : Once 66 is reached, Person being power leveled will need to mentor to 60, then change each level until they can mentor to the "sweet spot" of 63.

If you become locked from gyel normal, do gyel expert with person being power leveled unmentored to reset normal. Then if locked out again, wait 15 minutes for lock out to reset.
    I've been testing out this last bit for the last few days and it absolutely does not take 2 hours to get from 66-70. It's not even that fast questing (which is still) faster than power leveling the last 5 levels with the best class/spec to clear mobs and quests with. One 160% vial (no patron) will get you close to 67, but it's not really that efficient. You can do 6 gyel fortress runs before you're locked out and the timer is only 15min from the first run that you did. It doesn't include all of the runs that came after it which makes the lockout longer than that. If you do 1 run right after 15minutes and go for another, you will be immediately locked out again.

It's only about 5% at the absolute max (goes down with each level) per run so you're talking 20 runs with 20-25min lockouts every 6 runs. All in all it's not really worth power leveling unless you just absolutely cannot stand questing. I'm going to at least go to 68 and see if the lvl 63 "sweet spot" speeds it up anymore, but it's not looking good in that regard.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread