+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pawn's Promotion advice

Soulwalker

Default Pawn's Promotion advice

Hi folks

Does anybody have any tips on how to deal with this storyline quest in Vostigar Peaks? There's a segment in which you have to "kill the Rabado Base think tank". This think tank consists of three guys that spawn in around a crystal once you cross a particular line, at which point Asha and Orphiel spawn in and trigger a fight. During this fight, all three of the "Penuel" guys aggro, and I just cannot, for the life of me, kill them fast enough. I tried backing up and killing them one or two at a time, but once I do kill them, the next stage of the quest doesn't go off. Instead, once I cross that line, the three spawn back in and kill me.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NickAragua View Post
    Any thoughts?
    That one has always caused me trouble, regardless of class and spec, so you're not alone in this.

Are you still 68 or have you dinged 69 yet? If not, do it. The power and survivability increase really helps. Might also be worth dying a few times to take out the regular mobs around them and then hopefully be able to kill the trio before they respawn. And as always, try to ask in zone chat for help from others if you really really cannot get it done.

Carefully pull the ads inside and clear the room. Spawn orphiel and asha and run back out and out of line of sight. Then pull them one at a time off of asha or orphiel. Pretty much you use the NPCs as offtanks.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-23-2019 at 05:00 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

I'm level 69 currently, about halfway to 70.

Ooh, so the mobs actually attack the NPCs initially? I honestly didn't notice it, I was so focused on nuking them down as fast as possible. I'll see if I can be more restrained about it.

Edit: tried that. They don't attack the NPCs. And anywhere I run that's out of sight also re-crosses the line that causes the three guys to respawn.
    Last edited by NickAragua; 01-23-2019 at 06:17 PM.

your best bet is to ask for help from your guildies or even in global chat.
    its a 2 min quest that most people remember as being awful to solo, so im sure someone will help you!
    i dont know your play times, but if im online (and not afk) i will help you!

Soulwalker

Trion, for the love of god, please stop tuning content around the player's quest companions. I remember back in the day you didn't have those companions, and the game was more balanced. Now you have to burst your target (that has like ten times your health) so that it won't kill you from 3-4 attacks. And still die from the other 1000 mobs surrounding that target.

Zero balance.

Rant over.

Btw as a returning player, this is the most frustrating quest i've ever come across with, along to that one with the tuathe'de circle in Vostigar. Leveling needs some balance at this point.
    Last edited by ClearMind; 04-08-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearMind View Post
    Trion, for the love of god
    Welcome back.

While most of your commenta are accurate and valid, you are about half a year late to the Trion party. Trion no longer exists and a new company is in charge. So your rant is pretty much wasted.

See it as a challange (waits for his results on the final Vostigar quest)

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    (waits for his results on the final Vostigar quest)
    Oh yes, Maze Of Steel is going to be soooo much fun for..... well, us. Certainly not ClearMind

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Also ... if you're doing Vostigar as a (below lvl 70), you're supposed to die. This area is supposed to be for max lvl chars, just like Ember Isle was. And don't act like EI wasn't hard for fresh lvl 50s when it came out because it was.

Get a good soloing spec, sidekick to lvl 70 and you should be fine. Bad spec + below lvl cap -> dead.

+ Reply to Thread