+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tank thoughts

Soulwalker

Default Tank thoughts

Im returning till Rift after many years. Tried playing on my rouge and cleric but i didnt have any clue what i was doing, since i cant remember anything.

Im considering staring over so that i get the basics sorted.

I usually play tanks and im wondering what are the status on the different tanks at the moment.
    I saw that there was a new soul, Primalist. Is that any viable as tank ?
    Cleric as i remember was super easy to tank with, but a bit dull. Rouge was hectic and a bit squishy.

What are you ppl thoughts on the tanks in Rift at the moment ?

Primalist>cleric>warrior>mage>rogue

Isp
    Plane Walker

Every calling has a tank build which will easily handle all current content.

I like primalist tank the most, cleric tank has battle rez which is nice for raid progression (unless you raiding with very good group where nobody die anyway).

Primalists and mages have some advantage in terms of eternal weapon, they could tank with their weapon as soon as they get it, rogues will have only 1 eternal weapon until upgrade, clerics and warriors tanks would not have eternal weapon at all until they upgrade their 2h to eternal quality. And eternal grind is very long, boring and frustrating process.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    [...] Primalists and mages have some advantage in terms of eternal weapon [...]
    What is eternal weapon ?
    Dont recall that from last time i played.

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Varlu View Post
    What is eternal weapon ?
    Dont recall that from last time i played.
    It was introduced in 4.1, on level 70 you get a quest which reward you with a BiS weapon, but in order to be BiS you have to upgrade it. And because of lack of endgame content this upgrade is horrendous grind.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    Primalist>cleric>warrior>mage>rogue

Rogue have the best cooldowns allowing them to skip some mechanics.
    They are also the best at 2 tank bosses. They got great mitigation and self healing too.

I feel like all tanking class are equal depending your playstyle. Some are easy like cleric, and others are more tricky like rogue.

You should tell us what you enjoy as a tank and we will be able to give you advices on what class to choose from.

+ Reply to Thread