+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Frankenfurter
  • 2 Post By notawaifu
  • 1 Post By Poshy

Thread: Planar fragments made easy

Cool Planar fragments made easy

[edit]Some folk have pointed out my source material is out of date, and this seems fairly likely, Ill update this note once this is resolved, till then don't blindly rely on my info[/edit]

Hi folks,
    I've made a wee guide and a cheat sheet for planar fragments, which has had quite a positive reception in guild (Dharma on hailol plug plug recruit recruit) so I thought I'd share it with everyone. Hope it helps.

Fragments by element cheatsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LhJAZx/pubhtml

General guide.
    https://slightlysheepish.wordpress.c...nts-made-easy/
    Last edited by Frankenfurter; 08-28-2017 at 09:16 AM.

BiS dps frags for Death, Fire, and Water is CP main stat. Air at T4 depends on if you have BiS essences or PVP essences unless your a mage (mages would use T1 air frags)

Its debateable for healers but not having the top 3 tiers with CP is a dps loss at least until the other side is unlocked.

Compare Mage spreadsheet tiers for pyro:

Earth: CP > SC > Wis
    Air: Int > CP > SP
    Fire: CP > Int > SP
    Water: CP > SC > SP
    Life: Int > SP > Wis
    Death: CP > SC > SP

To your copy pasted, "tiers":

Earth: Wis > Int > CP
    Fire: Int > SP > CP
    Water: CP > Int > CP
    Death: CP > SP > SC

Just because something is T1 doesn't mean it's good. The cheat sheet is 'bad'. And it's a literally just a harder to read copy of Archy's. Which if I recall they've said shouldn't be used anymore.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Thanks for the feedback,

I have used http://www.nordvegrguild.com/forum/m...rfall-prophecy for my reference material, which in turn seems to be based on Archy's ,

I will certainly have to look into whether "Archy's" is still a valid base.

The cheat sheet, was primarily designed for myself, with the purpose of letting me know which fragments I can trash, and which alt I should send shards to in my almost daily "Shard explosions" in my inventory, so in this context I find it easier to read, in other contexts that may not hold true.

First priority will be to check alternative's to Archy's, however I don't think ill make significant change's to the layout, rather clarify its primary purpose is to know which alt to send fragments to.
    Frankenfurter Frankalist Antiroot Slaintemhath Sandstorms @hailol

Proud member of Dharma

*wrong thread* plz delete/ignore this post.
    Last edited by WinBoss; 07-12-2017 at 05:04 AM.

"Cheat sheets" work well for a number of folks, though I personally use http://tinyurl.com/RIFTFrags. As one can then create a favorite link to the format (BiS, byElement / byStat / byClass / etc.) they deem best suited for their needs or desires.

I started out wanting to place this all in an add-on, but there being no API access to gather the fragments currently equipped, I went instead for a google docs. Which kinds sucked there not being API access to currently equipped ones, as I wanted to create something like was done on the "byDesign" tab, but available in the game *heavy sigh*. But on a good note, this enabled me to present a multitude of different views/perspectives into Fragments, as well as allowing me to keep the data portions in another centralized repository, which add-ons don't support.

I've not updated the BiS slots (Stat to Element to Tier by Class) recently. Nor a bunch of effort into making things a bit more streamlined. All due to the the word from Trion of a fragment overhaul in the works. Which, based upon last word received, is slated out some time after 4.2 goes live. As we've all no doubt found out by now, changes seem to favor the use of sledgehammers, vice tack-hammers. I didn't want to create more work, only needing to recreate everything if there's a major change in how fragments work.

I'll try and locate all the current BiS sheets for all the classes though, and I'll update the repository where I have all the data located. If one has already made a copy of this, there's no need to make a new copy. All the data is located in another google doc, and that data gets linked to all copies automatically. So once I've updated the data, every copy automatically gets updated.

Dimps
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    "Cheat sheets" work well for a number of folks, though I personally use http://tinyurl.com/RIFTFrags. As one can then create a favorite link to the format (BiS, byElement / byStat / byClass / etc.) they deem best suited for their needs or desires.
    That is excellent, Im sitting pre coffee drooling over it., it is the Swiss army chainsaw of planar fragments.
    I expect this sheet gets one of two reactions, people that gibber with glee, and folks that whimper and hide in a corner. Do you have any objection to me generating some cheat sheets from it for the latter category (crediting you of course)?
    If I can format the basic BiS info in a way my girlfriend understands without asking me about every single fragment, then I'll be happy

Proud member of Dharma

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfurter View Post
    Thanks for the feedback,

I have used http://www.nordvegrguild.com/forum/m...rfall-prophecy for my reference material, which in turn seems to be based on Archy's ,

I will certainly have to look into whether "Archy's" is still a valid base.

The cheat sheet, was primarily designed for myself, with the purpose of letting me know which fragments I can trash, and which alt I should send shards to in my almost daily "Shard explosions" in my inventory, so in this context I find it easier to read, in other contexts that may not hold true.

First priority will be to check alternative's to Archy's, however I don't think ill make significant change's to the layout, rather clarify its primary purpose is to know which alt to send fragments to.
    I appreciate you posting this, your intentions are obviously to help others. Most people have made mistakes on posting info, but Id much rather read posts like this then complaint based threads.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Compare Mage spreadsheet tiers for pyro:

Earth: CP > SC > Wis
    Fire: CP > Int > SP
    Water: CP > SC > SP
    Death: CP > SC > SP

To your copy pasted, "tiers":

Earth: Wis > Int > CP
    Fire: Int > SP > CP
    Water: CP > Int > CP
    Death: CP > SP > SC

Just because something is T1 doesn't mean it's good. The cheat sheet is 'bad'. And it's a literally just a harder to read copy of Archy's. Which if I recall they've said shouldn't be used anymore.
    The earth T1 may be better than T4 CP for mages, especially if you have CP as a secondary. They are difficult to get. The same is probably true for clerics and air T1 frags again with a secondary CP stat.

I had intended to fix this much sooner, however, we all have a life offline also, just not had the time.

I have updated it using info from the suggested sheet. My new revision is at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LhJAZx/pubhtml

The way I format this is not for everyone, It is how I find it easiest to see what fragments I should send to which alts (I am an altaholic), and which fragments I can recycle without a second thought.
    What makes it useful to myself is having fragment names in the listing so I can easily search for them in my fragment inventory

The Information is completely based on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=151381528 and if anyone has information of its author I'd be delighted to credit fully them.

This is a convenience sheet, if you dont find it convenient, dont use it, if you do find it convenient and spot a mistake or have a suggestion, then I'm listening

Proud member of Dharma

+ Reply to Thread