Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Simple Guide to Planar Fragments

Ascendant

Default Simple Guide to Planar Fragments

Simple Guide to Planar Fragments-y02kmnj.jpg

(with Tiers)

Notes and caviars
    • My workings are here. Lots of numbers so don't look if you're squeamish
    • These workings will change everytime somebody does some new weights. The graphic above 'MAY' change, so don't just save it once and forget about it. Bookmark this page and you can see when I've updated it.
    • Mage weights are old and based off 61 Ele
    • Cleric weights are simplified reverse of Mage weights
    • Warrior weights are based off Jotunn's calculations here
    • Rogues weights are a simplified reverse of Warrior weights
    • Primalists weights are a simplified copy of Rogue weights
    • For tank, sometimes it's better to get End / MaxH as a secondary, hence they're not listed in primaries.
    Last edited by Archyface; 12-22-2016 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Updated workings
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Some notes:

Water CP is T3

The chart with no numbers actually helps me very much.Thank you for making it very simple. I am sure my husband will use the one with numbers you linked.

Telaran

Thank you this is helpful. I'll go home tonight and do some tuning of my fragments.

Shadowlander

Thank you very much for your work.

Is Guard really that bad compared to high HP right now?

It would also be nice to have some coefficients or smth. for the three columns
    to get a feeling of what "good" and "great" mean compared to "best". Like 1 for best, 0.9 for great and 0.8 for "good" as an example. Of course this is hard to tell because the fragments
    should have each others primary as a secondary and so on but maybe there could be some approximated values.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zayu View Post
    Guard is only "that bad" because bosses forgot how to hit like big boys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zayu View Post
    Thank you very much for your work.

It would also be nice to have some coefficients or smth. for the three columns
    to get a feeling of what "good" and "great" mean compared to "best". Like 1 for best, 0.9 for great and 0.8 for "good" as an example. Of course this is hard to tell because the fragments
    should have each others primary as a secondary and so on but maybe there could be some approximated values.
    Guard is better to get on your essences rather than waste primaries on fragments.

Also if you want coefficients, look into my workings that are also linked. Best, Great and Good mean different things for every single plane/stat combo.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Walker

Hi Archy,

I've added your numbers to the Mage database

Do you have the Level 15 numbers for

Earth: Int, SP, SC, Cp
    Air: SP, SC, CP
    Fire: SC, Wis
    Water: Wis, CP
    Life: Int, SP, SC
    Death: Int, Wis, SP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Do you have the Level 15 numbers for
    Updated my workings so there's a couple of new values in there

I see what you've done with the database. I'll update them now myself
    Last edited by Archyface; 12-10-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I see what you've done with the database. I'll update them now myself
    You are the best

I guess I've been misunderstanding fragments all this time. Your guide is a lot simplier for me to understand than the Ghar Station or the previously posted one by Vladd (I think that is who posted one). My hangup seems to be understanding what stat should be in what slot, as my crit power is low atm on my toons (mage is 20% and cleric is around 10%). Been trying to understand how these fragments fit together for stats.

So my understanding is you focus on the primary (first) stat on the fragment and everything else is love/hate or how are these working? Forgive my confusion, I am intelligent in real life, and I think I have a mental block on how these work due to all the information available, so a helpful, courteous response would be awesome (instead of the sarcastic belittling responses some post in these forums for those of us WANTING to learn). Thanks so much for simplifying Rift life (in this part at least).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daenaira View Post
    So my understanding is you focus on the primary (first) stat on the fragment and everything else is love/hate or how are these working?
    Pretty much yes. Focus on the getting the best Primary stat for the right slot, which is basically all my image says. I wouldn't spend any money on ones that aren't.

Then if you get 4 other stats that you like, great! I would upgrade it to level 15 if you have the plat as getting better is not very likely. And even if it is better, it will be maybe 1-3% better only.

Also, this image might change as buffs and nerfs settle down a bit and we get proper specs that stay around for more than a week. At that point I'll do stat weights for mages again and update this. It likely won't change, but 'Best' and 'Great' might switch for some slots. That wouuld be the extent of it.

Soulwalker

Archy you know your Google Docs is change able from all who watching?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Voldi View Post
    Archy you know your Google Docs is change able from all who watching?
    What google doc? I use a local excel spreadsheet and the images provided here are just images.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast