+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Simple Guide to Planar Fragments

Ascendant

So I finally completed the mystery of planar fragments and how all the RNG works when determining numbers on stats.

So Primaries we know start the same and end the same at level 15.

But now for secondaries.
    At level zero (or without a boost) secondaries have a range of what values they can be.
    For Int it's 21 to 50.
    Now if that number gets boosted during the levelling process (say it was an epic fragment), the boost it gets is also within the 21 to 50 range.

Also, I found out that the level 15 boost that secondaries get are the same every time. So again using Int as an example, it will always get 107 added to it as a secondary when going from 14 to 15.

From this we can calculate the mins and maxes for secondaries now.
    I've also filled in all the missing data by upgrading many more frags too. My new workings are here if you're interested.

Also, if you want to upgrade frags faster than click wait click wait..... hit infuse, then click on another fragment, then back onto the one you want upgrade and the animation is cancelled.

You will also notice increasing amounts of frame rate drops the more you infuse. I used to think you had to restart your game to clear this up.... but now I found a better way. Just change your search term, or close and reopen the fragment window.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

Oh and FYI, those 'MAX' numbers you see on secondaries are absolute best maxes and are EXTREMELY unlikely.
    So first you have to get a relic frag (0% chance right now)
    Then you have to get it with 50 Int (for example) as a secondary. (3.4% chance)
    Then that secondary has to be upgraded 4 times in the levelling process (0.4% chance)
    AND when they're upgraded 4 times, then need to add 50 to the secondary (0.0001% chance)

So that's an overall 0.0000018% chance of getting that max. That's without taking into account drop rates of relics.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Oh and FYI, those 'MAX' numbers you see on secondaries are absolute best maxes and are EXTREMELY unlikely.
    So first you have to get a relic frag (0% chance right now)
    Then you have to get it with 50 Int (for example) as a secondary. (3.4% chance)
    Then that secondary has to be upgraded 4 times in the levelling process (0.4% chance)
    AND when they're upgraded 4 times, then need to add 50 to the secondary (0.0001% chance)

So that's an overall 0.0000018% chance of getting that max. That's without taking into account drop rates of relics.
    wow and kudos.Thank you so much for all the hard work of figuring all this out, wth would the community do without folks like you? Tbh, I'm having a very difficult time with seeing where there's any incentive going forward for me personally, but I'm appreciative of these post to help others out. Keep up the great work!

Soulwalker

Smile

How do I unlock the other fragment slots? I'm lvl 70 so it's about gearing now. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrina View Post
    How do I unlock the other fragment slots? I'm lvl 70 so it's about gearing now. Thank you
    RIght now, you don't.

Ascendant

Just to let everyone know, the stat weights for Warriors changed quite a lot so this image is no longer relevant for them.
    Clerics look like they've also changed a lot and Mages I'm currently in the process of doing.

What it means now is that you mostly want CP main stat fragments in nearly every slot. I'll update the image when the dust settles a bit more.

Rift Disciple

Just to let everyone know, the stat weights for Warriors changed quite a lot so this image is no longer relevant for them.
    Clerics look like they've also changed a lot and Mages I'm currently in the process of doing.

What it means now is that you mostly want CP main stat fragments in nearly every slot. I'll update the image when the dust settles a bit more.
    So then thinking really the best thing to do right now is to save what frags you think are going to be worth upgrading but don't do it yet . Stats may change as you said but hopefully will be somewhat set by the time we see our first real raid .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ambraele View Post
    So then thinking really the best thing to do right now is to save what frags you think are going to be worth upgrading but don't do it yet . Stats may change as you said but hopefully will be somewhat set by the time we see our first real raid .
    Yup exactly. Hence my warning of this in the original post

By the time we get a raid in March the specs should be a bit better sorted and balanced.

Ascendant

Thumbs up

Yup exactly. Hence my warning of this in the original post

By the time we get a raid in March the specs should be a bit better sorted and balanced.
    Yep, cant wait for the balance passes to hit Live!!

Shadowlander

Any new thoughts on this?

Ive been basically grabbing CP in every slot, even if it has a low start value. Is that still considered a good idea?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2