+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From 1 to 65 in two hours (or more)

Default From 1 to 65 in two hours (or more)

Not recommended for new players. If you've never played this game it's not for you. Go experience five years of collective content. User it on your second toon though.

Short answer:

1. Get an instant 60 pot (from the store or a package)
    2. Use Patron and a Transcendent XP pot
    3. Have someone run you through Charmer's Caldera for a couple hours.

Here's a more detailed breakdown if you don't have an instant 60:
    http://www.riftntraids.com/powerleveling.html
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

only patrons can gain rested XP, iirc.

It is recommended you make a level 1 mage alt specifically for opening lockboxes and troves.
    That is a waste of Troves. Only open epic or relic Crabnarok Lockboxes in an attempt to grab the BOA armor.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-20-2016 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyy View Post
    only patrons can gain rested XP, iirc.
    Now might be the time with the 3 Day Patron Pass given out to all.

Thanks. Completely forgot they took rested from non-patron.

Edit: Reworded to include rested XP for patron only.
    Edit2: Excluded Troves from the level 1 mage.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 07-20-2016 at 09:32 AM.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Thanks. Completely forgot they took rested from non-patron.

Edit: Reworded to include rested XP for patron only.
    Edit2: Excluded Troves from the level 1 mage.
    actually, troves are fine if you open them on a mage alt.

you're STILL getting a chance for +xp armors.

also, a note, the LOWEST level required for BOA armors/weapons is level 10. you CANNOT equip them before that.

actually, troves are fine if you open them on a mage alt.

you're STILL getting a chance for +xp armors.

also, a note, the LOWEST level required for BOA armors/weapons is level 10. you CANNOT equip them before that.
    This is why opening Troves on a level 1 is a waste: "Contents may be appropriate for your level range up to 65." Gearing up a fresh lvl 65 alt, getting a random t1 or t2 (depending on what Trove is avail) piece of loot is a major help. It's also just cheaper to open Crabnarok lockboxes.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-20-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    This is why opening Troves on a level 1 is a waste: "Contents may be appropriate for your level range up to 65." Gearing up a fresh lvl 65 alt, getting a random t1 or t2 (depending on what Trove is avail) piece of loot is a major help. It's also just cheaper to open Crabnarok lockboxes.
    If you're patron you're getting one free trove a week. If it wasn't for the BoP trinkets I'd say leave them to the level 1 mage. You'll get hearts of the frozen as well, but these are BoA. I haven't seen any 125 hit quality gear pop out of one, so this could/should be left to PvP and IA boxes.

For perspective, this is just 10% out of the 240-250% XP we're looking at.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    If you're patron you're getting one free trove a week. If it wasn't for the BoP trinkets I'd say leave them to the level 1 mage. You'll get hearts of the frozen as well, but these are BoA. I haven't seen any 125 hit quality gear pop out of one, so this could/should be left to PvP and IA boxes.

For perspective, this is just 10% out of the 240-250% XP we're looking at.
    I don't think you realize how many Troves (or Crabnarok Lockboxes for that matter) you'll be going through in order to finally get the 2 piece you need. 1 free a week isn't going to cut it unless you're stockpiling them for ~6 months. Again, cheaper to toss out plat for the Crabnaroks :P.

And you're going to need a good amount of em. Took a friend over 70+ to get the 2pc Cloth for Exp.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-21-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    lets be frank here, who cares about those items?

un-upgraded, they are worthless trash. if you upgrade them, they get soul bound. and pray tell me, how are you going to upgrade them with? empty air? accelerators dont grow on trees, you know?

lets be frank here, who cares about those items?

un-upgraded, they are worthless trash. if you upgrade them, they get soul bound. and pray tell me, how are you going to upgrade them with? empty air? accelerators dont grow on trees, you know?
    I have a few Cloth BOA 2pc for Token, Experience, and Notoriety that I've gotten from Crabnarok boxes. Any little bit counts. Hell, I still use Moneybags' Purse when I turn in my weeklies ;). I would say it's almost one of those "you need these!" items, so yes, you should care about 'em if you want to try to squeeze out as much as possible from your quests/etc.

That's really all my comments have been for: Save your Troves to open on max level characters and spam open Crabnarok Lockboxes instead!
    Last edited by Riane; 07-21-2016 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread