+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Artewig

Thread: CoA - What is and is not intended?

Default CoA - What is and is not intended?

There are several questions about what is and is not intended with relations to several of the bosses in CoA. Today's question is whether or not Fionn easy mode is supposed to gain stacks of Ascended Odds! as well as Fervor of the 5th! on easy mode?

In order to regain Fervor of the 5th on Fionn we needed to leave and reenter the instance, but Acended Odds! never grew. Is Fionn intended to not have these buffs or is the encounter in need of fixing?

Hericius will occasionally spawn his adds after a wipe repeatedly. If you go around and just kill the adds to prep they just respawn and stack on top of themselves. Resetting the instance fixed it, but it's still an issue.

For Azaphrentus and Caelon please put markers on the floor indicating where you can stand without getting locked out. It's a cramped space and not clearly defined that the bottom of the stairs is where you need to be. Blue markers for AZ, red for Cael. (Also fix the mailbox/feast bug please.)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 06-04-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

I've got two other questions, and here seems a good a spot as any:

1.) Easy mode Hericius' shroomageddon spawn's mushrooms with 5.1 million health. That's the normal mode HP, right? Was a rude awakening of a dps check on our alt run the other night. (Though with enough easy mode stacks, anything is possible)

2.) Is Azaphrentus being damaged by his own waves intended? And how is it triggered? I've noticed it happening once or twice for us, but not normally. However on one of the first hard mode videos, his self damage accounted for like 30% of his health.
    It's not that we don't believe in your gods. We know they are real. We also know they are weak and afraid.

Both of those, from what I can guess, are both intended.

Shroomageddon is the same on all three versions. The stacks should be ample to push your DPS through.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Quote Originally Posted by Dorastic View Post
    I've got two other questions, and here seems a good a spot as any:

1.) Easy mode Hericius' shroomageddon spawn's mushrooms with 5.1 million health. That's the normal mode HP, right? Was a rude awakening of a dps check on our alt run the other night. (Though with enough easy mode stacks, anything is possible)

2.) Is Azaphrentus being damaged by his own waves intended? And how is it triggered? I've noticed it happening once or twice for us, but not normally. However on one of the first hard mode videos, his self damage accounted for like 30% of his health.
    For the first question, I have no idea if it's intended. As for the second, when you kill an ember, Azaphrentus is stunned for about 5s. During this time period he can take massive damage from the waves (our best was 58M). The stun only lasts for about 5s so if you kill it too fast, he'll be un-stunned before the wave comes. Personally, I hope they reduce the wave damage as it completely negates the dps check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

Yeah, we were able to get it the mushrooms with enough stacks, it just seemed odd that until then the dps check had been totally nonexistent. Our 2nd group/alt group doesn't really pull much dps, which is why they run easy mode. If nothing else it just shows them where they need to be, I guess.

I thought it had to be something like that for Azaphrentus. We were using the stuns to just stop waves #2 and 3 from spawning, but looks like we just need to tweak our timing then. Ours were only hitting for 10-20mil, but that is still a huge way to making the dps check.
    Last edited by Dorastic; 06-13-2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Art answered me before I posted, Thanks!
    It's not that we don't believe in your gods. We know they are real. We also know they are weak and afraid.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Dorastic View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7d3l_fV1o&t=4m00s, keep an eye on Aza's health (right after we kill the Ember you can see Aza dropping from 44% to 0% (bottom left unit-frame), that's around 75M HP). Maybe you can figure out when and why the waves crit that high, so far I haven't been able to find a pattern. :/

Afaik it's intended this way, though.
    Last edited by Fia; 06-13-2016 at 09:27 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7d3l_fV1o&t=4m00s, keep an eye on Aza's health (right after we kill the Ember you can see Aza dropping from 44% to 0% (bottom left unit-frame), that's around 75M HP). Maybe you can figure out when and why the waves crit that high, so far I haven't been able to find a pattern. :/

Afaik it's intended this way, though.
    IMO it's intended as much as the nuclear quality DPS stacking is intended on Fionn. I think they designed the encounters with a level of easy-cheese involved. Just not sure which is cheese and which is bug without official word.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    IMO it's intended as much as the nuclear quality DPS stacking is intended on Fionn. I think they designed the encounters with a level of easy-cheese involved. Just not sure which is cheese and which is bug without official word.
    Well it is just a Miniboss ...
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread