+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Nightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement

Default Nightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement

This achievement has you visit the bowspirits on 5 shipwrecks in the Draumheim ocean (the water up above). The reward is Reginald, a Harvesting/Artifact minion.

If you've forgotten how to get to the ocean above - jump on the little jellyfishes next to most porticulums in the zone.

The swim buff from Ember Isle is recommended (port to Breaker Point in the middle west, dive west and down, use the blue crystal).

Jump out to the bowspirit (pole coming out from the front of the ship). There's some wood sticking up blocking your path - just mash jump while running straight into it and you will go right over it.

There's named level 65 elite mobs around some (and sometimes invasions too(??)). These mobs give 10 void stones each, though any further purpose is as yet unknown.

Exodus Quester - 6121, 4922
    Ocean Horror - 4613, 5845, under the water!
    Deceitful Mermaid - 6172, 4974 (right next door to the Quester)
    Night's Fall - 6160, 7066
    Draum's Doom - 5413, 7004

Maps: https://imgur.com/a/9OsQh

Nightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement-prowd.jpg
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 10-27-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Clarification

Great post thanks for the work. 1 correction Ocean Horror is underwater not Night's Fall.

When you get to wood block it looks like you are never going to get over but you just need to spam jump and forward at the same time ,all of a sudden you will just get over it.

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaackk View Post
    Great post thanks for the work. 1 correction Ocean Horror is underwater not Night's Fall.

When you get to wood block it looks like you are never going to get over but you just need to spam jump and forward at the same time ,all of a sudden you will just get over it.
    Thanks so much for the tip, it worked great!
    ...ɪɴᴠᴏᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴍʏ sᴛᴀʀs!

when u try to jump over the block of wood, u do it mounted or on foot? thanx

Quote Originally Posted by karetsos View Post
    when u try to jump over the block of wood, u do it mounted or on foot? thanx
    on foot

10chars

it's strange, with some of them i can;t get to jump over the obstacle no way i try. with others it's piece of cake...

Soulwalker

Default Swim-speed buff unneeded with Cobalt Thresher mount.

I'd like to point out that if you have the Cobalt Thresher mount, there is no reason to go to Ember Isle to get the swim-speed buff.

Soulwalker

Default jumping...

I was having issues at Draums Doom, then a double jump helped me over the top.

Thanks for the help - had no issues after following the advice.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

So Ive been trying to do this achievement. Two of the ships were easy, but a few others wont let me over that block no matter how I jump. What is the trick to getting past the wood block? It says spam jumping here, but that isnt doing anything for me

The spam never worked for me either on most ships, I had to end up jumping onto that tiny ledge on the side of the block, then continuing to jump onto the beam and walk to the end. Took several tries to get there, too, but once I knew it was possible then that's how I would mainly try and do it.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    The spam never worked for me either on most ships, I had to end up jumping onto that tiny ledge on the side of the block, then continuing to jump onto the beam and walk to the end. Took several tries to get there, too, but once I knew it was possible then that's how I would mainly try and do it.
    That worked. I had tried the sides a couple of times before, but believed I would just keep falling off since just about everything in the game with that kind of incline would do exactly that, but it was pretty easy once I figured out the right place to jump from. Thanks for the info.

Soulwalker

Default this achi is bad

my keyboard is soon broken =P

Default I'm not so prowed yet...

I just have Exodus Quester, Deceitful Mermaid left and I'm still having trouble with this. can someone who has used the ledge share a picture showing from where on the bowsprit they jump from and at what angle? Please? (and thanks if you do)

I have tried putting auto run on and pressing space constantly... and i'm not having luck with that...
    Last edited by Sparklynn; 05-31-2015 at 08:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast