+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Nightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement

run and mash jump never worked once for me on over 100 tries on each of the above water ships, I had to mount up, facing block, jump mount in air while facing 45 degree angl;e up, and as mount is in highest jump point hit Thunderous Leap which I had targetted for the pole beam on the other side.

You can jump on the small edge on the right and left side, needed less than 10 trys per ship.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Sword of Telara

This is still by far the most ridiculous achievement I've ever completed.

I don't know who thought doing exactly the same "try jumping, if you fail then try again!" stuff so many times over and over would be fun, but it just seems as though it exists for no purpose but to be incredibly frustrating.

If there were actually differences between the ships, then sure. But as it stands, the fact that you can skip all but one with racial jump made it bearable.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Just found out how to jump over it and why all you may be having problems jumping over. Remove ALL movement speed buffs, including insoles. The movement speed seems to push you backwards a bit not allowing you to "double" jump over. I just removed my boots out of frustration to try a last resort and it worked on the first try.

Hopefully this will save many of you the frustration as well.

*EDIT* Ok well, unfortunately the two in the North East portion of Draumheim I couldn't get by removing my movement speed. Guess the frustration continues. Goin' to try out the ledges some more.
    Last edited by Cory908; 07-06-2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Update

Default riiiiiiiight

So I get 2 of these and go to the 3rd.. After an hour of trying to get over that last block I gave up.. There is only so much time anyone wants to spend jumping, falling, climbing out, running back up and trying agains and I do not wish to waste valuable questing (or fishing for that obscenely rare Stan's Fishing Pole and Uber rare fishing lure).. Sorry Trion ,making these things difficult is one thing, and can be enjoyable, but making them nigh on impossible for most players is another, just leaves frustration and anger behind.. Time wasted 1 hour 50 minutes.. Abandoned. I'll buy the dang minion card on the AH.

Soulwalker

This achievement is really ridiculous...
    Could it be that certain races can do it because they are smaller? Is there a way to use angelic flight (racial jump)?
    I am frustraded, any more hints? Perhaps a video how to do this?

Soulwalker

Default jumping

FYI I don't think the makers of this achievement want you to jump over the block. It's maybe a bug that some characters can get over it. I think the angle at which they put that block practically screams "cant jump me" its too high and you just bump your head on it when you try. I think they want you to jump on the ledge, this is what's known as a jumping puzzle, its meant to test the accuracy with which you can control your character when jumping. There are plenty of examples in this game that test jumping and other abilities, walking, mount jumping ect. Even dimension owners make a big game out of it, handing out rewards for races.

HOW TO JUMP:

I was able to jump on the side ledge within a few tries. You want to stand on the prow as far to one side (the left or the right of it- using walk) as you can get before you jump, and you want to give yourself just enough room before the jump as you can, so you can make a full solid jump- using the forward key. Then immediately stop pressing the forward key before you land. You know how sometimes you look like you are floating over something because you are on the very edge of it? Aim for the edge, though nothing looks like its there, that law of physics in the game will catch you. Don't aim for the safe looking inner part of the tiny platform you are jumping on.

Once you make it to this ledge I suggest moving over as close as you can (with the Walk button on) toward the other side of the prow, but staying as far back from that block as you can once you get there. You should be on the corner closest to the other side of the prow but as far back on it as u can get- to give yourself jumping room. This jump is easier than the last, just point yourself towards the prow, angling so you can give yourself the largest landing area. It looks hard, as if its higher than you but you can easily conquer that angle.
    Last edited by Ellov; 09-12-2015 at 08:59 AM.

What I tried and it worked from the first time (though aplicable for rogue only):
    change to Riftstalker spec, go as close as possible to the block, jump once and while highest in the air press Memory capture (the mark should be just above your head), then when you land use Flashback and while in the air jump again. It will give you enought height to jump easily over the block. Sadly it works only for rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    What I tried and it worked from the first time (though aplicable for rogue only):
    change to Riftstalker spec, go as close as possible to the block, jump once and while highest in the air press Memory capture (the mark should be just above your head), then when you land use Flashback and while in the air jump again. It will give you enought height to jump easily over the block. Sadly it works only for rogue.
    This worked! After a few tries i got it and then it was easy. Thanks!

Soulwalker

Default Jumping the blockdiffaculties....

Nightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement-2016-04-23_203416.jpgNightmare Tide "A Prowed Moment" achievement-2016-04-23_203558.jpg

Just beyond the two side supports sticking up and rotate your view (centerline of body lines up approximately with the lower 1/3 of the slope. you'll hit it every time. Once on the slope you need to position yourself on the far lower corner and run jump onto the pole again.

Soulwalker

Wannabe Tomb Raider. A classic syndrome for MMO developers.

Game mechanics, and graphics were never made to support this kind of 'behaviour'. When one pixel, left or right, up or down will make it or break it, it just isn't good enough. E.g. standing in the air outside a beam, ledge etc. etc.

It's doable, but not worth the effort.

Champion

I've just spent the last two hours trying to get across on the Draum's Doom. I'm done. Can't jump over -- followed every single tip offered -- bounce off the side of the ledges every single time (tried 30+ times so far). Not doable -- if it is, requires insane luck -- reward not worth this kind of frustration hoping the next jump is the lucky one.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2