+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Guide to Draumheim Puzzle (Mastermind)

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Can you please add to your guide the original way to get to the puzzle is by a lever hidden inside the water. Inside the water next to the dream machine is a lever that teleports you inside and out of the puzzle area. It is just easier to get to the puzzle from above.
    Can you please elaborate on this - I dropped down at the coordinates and couldn't find the puzzle - spoiler indeed lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    No, every puzzles can give any of the 8 minions
    well, i tried it 2 times at first, gave same minion, tried again 2 times 20 min later, it gave the same minion, but twice.

now i have 2 Marks and 2 Tavanions.

Is there a web page or program which can assist to solve the puzzle in 5 or less moves? I can solve it regularly but not fast enough for the extra achievement. I could write something myself but don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this - I dropped down at the coordinates and couldn't find the puzzle - spoiler indeed lol!
    My bad I dropped at the wrong coordinates.

Sword of Telara

I'm certain that the puzzle's started lying in the past week or so. I've found that switching two colours round sometimes changes the number of lights that light up, and I'm finding it way harder than before to win. I never used a proper writing-possibility method, just went with what felt right - last week I could do it ~80% of the time, now it's a lot harder. I'm sure something weird is going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I'm certain that the puzzle's started lying in the past week or so. I've found that switching two colours round sometimes changes the number of lights that light up, and I'm finding it way harder than before to win. I never used a proper writing-possibility method, just went with what felt right - last week I could do it ~80% of the time, now it's a lot harder. I'm sure something weird is going on...
    Yes, sometimes the solution will change mid "game".

I had been systematic (and lucky) so i knew the order for the first 3 was G Y O and i knew i had 1x W and that it was not 4th and a P or B in no 4 slot (i had 4/5 colors and 3/5 correct place with GYOWR after systematicly getting there) when i moved the W to 5th and but in purple in 4th it changed from 4/5 colors with 3 correct spot and 1 wrong spot into 2/5 colors and both in wrong spot, a change that is not possible unless the solution changed.

Many thanks for posting this guide! Now i'm really good at the puzzle, and its a decent earner. I earned all of the following in about a half-hour:
    50 plat, 63 gold, 1 silver
    8 [Minion Card: Mark]
    2 [Minion Card: Tavanion]
    4 [Minion Card: Ahgnox]
    2 [Minion Card: Speludelver]
    2 [Minion Card: Snuffles]
    2 [Minion Card: Ornipteryx]
    Guide to Draumheim Puzzle (Mastermind)-2015-02-09_155133.jpgGuide to Draumheim Puzzle (Mastermind)-2015-02-09_155533.jpg
    Zenahk@Laethys

Trying to get this puzzle in 5 moves or less. so far my record is 6. and trying to work it out in that many moves is infuriating. i have now resorted to playing it lottery style. i pick my own combo and stick with it. will probably take me a million tries

Soulwalker

With the solution being randomized every time, there's a significant element of luck with getting it solved in under 5 tries. I found solving the puzzle seemed to become easier the more times in a row I tried it - getting in the mindset and all I guess - but that had no bearing whatsoever on getting it done in 5 or under. Just keep at it, you'll get it eventually.

Soulwalker

Default How I cheated

This website helped me get it in 5 turns:

http://www.dcode.fr/mastermind-solver

I used the ABCDEFG syntax,

Thus:
    ABCDE 20
    CDEFE 00
    BABAE 22

Soulwalker

/bump

Really having trouble with this.... Feel like the solution is changing