+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best way to grind for Planar Attunement?

Rift Disciple

Default Best way to grind for Planar Attunement?

Is there a good way to grind for Planar Attunement? I've heard of some guys able to solo the Hive and get 500k exp every 3 minutes. I don't think I can do that, so is there another good way of doing it for a warrior?

Rift Master

Off the top of my head, I would guess being a patron, along with some xp pots and in a group would work best. Then grind, grind, grind.

Do the daily quests, zone faction, rifts, zone events for the week, etc. Aside from getting stuff, the xp adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mean how complicated is stay outta the orange crap?

RIFT Guide Writer

Got a few options here.

1) Lvl an alt to 50 and PVP. Must be saying I'm crazy right? Wrong. If you had transcendant pots from the patron screw-up a few weeks back, you'll get ot 50 stupid-fast. On top fo that, if you earn Pretiege ranks at 50+, it gives you 500k Exp per rank. Combine those suckers with Vials and laugh.

2) Lvl the alt to 60 and run experts. Again, crazy right? But experts give 350k~ exp per. Twice the characters means twice the exp. On top of that, if you're maining one and alting another, then you can use the alt's ESMs for coruscating while saving your main's for gear.

3) Weeklies and dailies. All of them. Dendrome bosses, CQ, Guns for Hire, Infinity Shards, and old-world raids. All give huge chunks of exp and take very little relative time. Old-world weekleis give a combined 1m PA exp, before vials or other EXP tweaks. All it takes it 30~ minutes max.

4) Alts, alts, and more alts. Getting to 60 should be easy for you since you've done it once and now know the shortcuts. Getting an alt to 60 basically guarantees 15 PA levels at least and it only takes 6~ hours. This way, you get a mule to shard hop, get to play a different perspective, and get to collect mess around and see what makes other classes work.

Wait, no I lied. Apparently your options are dailies/weeklies or alt spamming if you don't want mind-numbing boredom. Ah well.
    Last edited by evantide; 01-05-2014 at 12:51 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

coy
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Getting an alt to 60 basically guarantees 15 PA levels at least and it only takes 6~ hours.
    I play this game since release, but I have no idea how to level an alt that fast.
    Please explain how you do this, I mean 6hours for lvl60... seriously?

Rift Disciple

^ powerleveling is a thing in RIFT

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by coy View Post
    I play this game since release, but I have no idea how to level an alt that fast.
    Please explain how you do this, I mean 6hours for lvl60... seriously?
    Level to lvl15 - this should not be hard. Find someone who can clear Exodus dungeon normal mode solo... repeat/rinse (or vice versa if you like).
    Move to 51/52 go to boneforge and so on. But after 50 you'd be quite well off in pvp as the new ranks give a huge chunk of xp.

That's it.
    Last edited by xxs; 01-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    Level to lvl15 - this should not be hard. Find someone who can clear Exodus dungeon normal mode solo... repeat/rinse (or vice versa if you like).
    Move to 51/52 go to boneforge and so on. But after 50 you'd be quite well off in pvp as the new ranks give a huge chunk of xp.

That's it.
    good luck finding someone generous enough to sit there clearing a dungeon for you for hours on end.

xxs
    Plane Touched

>>
    good luck finding someone generous enough to sit there clearing a dungeon for you for hours on end.
    You have few options there:
    a) "scratch my back & I'll scratch yours" type of approach
    b) ask your friends [you can clear the dungeon while watching TV] and still probably resorting to a)
    c) pay some platinum for

Given that guildmates of mine have their alts lvl60 in a couple of days I'd say the "good luck" part is quite easy to come by. For reference: 28-38lvl is like 40mins or so.
    Last edited by xxs; 01-15-2014 at 03:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread