+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellbug Drop Rate?

Soulwalker

Default Hellbug Drop Rate?

I have a question, and a bit of a rant I guess.

So, for the past week, I've been farming Hellbug rifts with mobs at green or above to the point I completed our guild quest (kill 1000 planetouched enemies) in only a few hours. I never got a Hellbug mount drop. A friend went with me for seven Hellbug rifts afterwards, and got three mount drops where I did manage to loot the Skitt pet. We thought it might have been killing blows, damage done, ect. Thinking this, he just sent his pet in to tank and I killed everything.

All the rifts got to phase 5, so they were all completely finished.

I got on today and did a good 10 or so Hellbug rifts, and in that time, got two more Skitt and a Blurple. The friend got another mount drop.

Are the chances for each account to find the drop different? The friend has found no less than six or seven of these mount drops in the past week, and myself and our other questing companion haven't found any. All the Hellbug rifts we have done have been in Droughtlands (where they seem to spawn with the normal planar lure 90% of the time), so should I mentor down and head to a lower level zone? Do Defiance have a lower chance at these drops? Or do Dwarves have a higher chance at finding rare loot?

Soulwalker

This has been answered in previous threads, might I suggest in future you take a look before posting about something that has been answered.

Now for what you're seeking the answer is: RNG.

RNG = Random.

The drops are not based on account. One person could theoretically get a purple rarity hellbug mount each and every Invasive Species rift he or she does due to the system. While another could hunt them for a thousand million years and never receive a single one.

Over-exaggeration? Yes, but all this is entirely possible, just not probable. If you want one of the hellbug mounts you'll just have to keep trying. The only help that can be give is that you make sure that the Invasive Species rift itself cons green to you (ie; you're within 7 levels of the rift), so remember to alter your mentor level accordingly if needed. Beyond this, it's just luck.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mediscoot View Post

So, for the past week, I've been farming Hellbug rifts with mobs at green or above to the point I completed our guild quest (kill 1000 planetouched enemies) in only a few hours. I never got a Hellbug mount drop. A friend went with me for seven Hellbug rifts afterwards, and got three mount drops where I did manage to loot the Skitt pet. We thought it might have been killing blows, damage done, ect. Thinking this, he just sent his pet in to tank and I killed everything.

I got on today and did a good 10 or so Hellbug rifts, and in that time, got two more Skitt and a Blurple. The friend got another mount drop.

Are the chances for each account to find the drop different? The friend has found no less than six or seven of these mount drops in the past week, and myself and our other questing companion haven't found any. All the Hellbug rifts we have done have been in Droughtlands (where they seem to spawn with the normal planar lure 90% of the time), so should I mentor down and head to a lower level zone? Do Defiance have a lower chance at these drops? Or do Dwarves have a higher chance at finding rare loot?

May I ask what Hellbug rifts are? where do u find them?

Soulwalker

@ MagicalCrime - I believe only the Invasive Species rift has a chance of dropping the Hellbug mount (or the pet for that matter). In any zone, any time a fire rift opens, it has a chance of being the Invasive Species rift.

As someone noted already, you'll need to be within the level range of the rift to have a chance of getting the mount to drop. If you're in a lower level zone, you'll have to mentor down to the appropriate level.

Telaran

I would concur with the above, I would mentor down to where you are equal-levelled with the Rift level. I am not sure it is enough to only mentor down to where it is "green." (It might be, I honestly don't know...)

Otherwise, yes it is just being cursed by the RNG. It sucks, but it happens.

There was another MMO I played where, for a specific action I was doing, I had a 75% chance of success. I remember one time I failed 9 straight times. To put that in mathematical terms, the odds on failing nine times in a row were only 0.0003814%. But somehow I did it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mediscoot View Post

Don't feel bad. I mentored down and did probably 200ish Fire rifts until i got the green mount.

Soulwalker

Default dont feel bad

I spent real money and got credits. with those 1200 credits i bought things that would increase the chance of the mount at 15 credits each.. that gave me 80 of these things... i now have about 2 left and still havent got a mount at all... i feel your pain, the sad thing is i spent real money and credits to better my odds and at the end of the day i still came up empty handed.
    Last edited by Iardri; 02-15-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Champion

There is a chance!

YEAHHHH!

All I can say positively to this post.
    Last edited by Beanster; 02-25-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    There is a chance!

YEAHHHH!

All I can say positively to this post.
    Two nights ago from a rift in the Droughtlands (just south of Lantern Hook) on my 41 Mage. I was shocked when I saw it in my loot window.

My only bad, was learning it on that toon. I thought account bound meant account wide.....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rageran View Post
    Two nights ago from a rift in the Droughtlands (just south of Lantern Hook) on my 41 Mage. I was shocked when I saw it in my loot window.

My only bad, was learning it on that toon. I thought account bound meant account wide.....
    Does anyone have a complete list of all the pets and mounts from this Rift? I have found the following:

Skittering Hellbug (mount)
    Gulanite Hellbug (mount)
    Skitt (pet)
    Blurple (pet)

These are both green and blue rarity, but I want to make sure that's all of them. Is there an epic mount or epic pet also? Or have I pretty much "cleaned house" and can throw my other 50 lures away?

I did the Sinister Tides, and got the Crocnard mount the first shot. So while we're on the topic, I believe that's all that one has to offer right? Or is there more.
    Last edited by darkzerofury; 03-09-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    Does anyone have a complete list of all the pets and mounts from this Rift? I have found the following:

Skittering Hellbug (mount)
    Gulanite Hellbug (mount)
    Skitt (pet)
    Blurple (pet)

These are both green and blue rarity, but I want to make sure that's all of them. Is there an epic mount or epic pet also? Or have I pretty much "cleaned house" and can throw my other 50 lures away?

I did the Sinister Tides, and got the Crocnard mount the first shot. So while we're on the topic, I believe that's all that one has to offer right? Or is there more.
    There's a 'Toxic' Hellbug mount thats epic- Greenish color, and a 'Cinderfire' that's Relic- a bright red color.

I have the Cinderfire one. Looks similar to the Skittering, just a cleaner Red with some orange highlights.

Then there's the Premium ones that are account-wide, like Lavender, Shadow, and Ghost. The Ghost you get from purchasing a physical copy of Defiance (around $10) The former 2 are Limited Editions from the cash shop sales. Also the Gulanite was offered as a limited edition once, but I don't know if they make that account-wide if its bought through the Cash Shop despite its 3000 cr price tag.

+ Reply to Thread