Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AFKers in Warfronts

Default AFKers in Warfronts

We are having problems with AFKers in Warfronts already. What is something that can be done about it? I was thinking if they stand still for 30 seconds, but that will just force them to make a bot program to move a step every 28 seconds. How about a damage, capture and healing done check? Force them to be doing something, or be booted out.
    If I wanted to hear from a butthole, I would have farted.

Soulwalker

Its too easy to not be AFK and not doing any damage, healing or capturing. I often guard the flag in Codex and I can go minutes at a time without seeing an enemy player.

The best option is to have a report feature and let GMs handle it. Any automated process that Trion can come up with will A) Not catch everyone and B) Have too many false positives.

probably a vote to kick comes up for raid members and if the majority agree the person gets kicked, which can be used in a wrong way but thats the best solution, however i never met afkers in warfront
    See you all in Wildstar!

How about raid check be set to auto kick/report in warfronts and can be done every five mins or something.

How about a simple built in command to report specifically afk'rs in warftonts - enough reports of a player doing this from other folks should get a GM to look into the logs/research it and once verified it's someone afk'ing in wg . they should ban accounts doing this

Maybe if the morons who afk in wargrounds knew there was decent chance of the account being banned they would stop doing it.
    You can be a mature player and still have fun , you can not like 733t/spammer types and still not take everything too serious. Wanting to play without idiots named "pwnsauce" spamming chat about WoW is not that outlandish.

Rift Disciple

why do u post abut this? i go to schol and have to do homework when i palay the game sumtimes and then i has to afk in the warfront to get free points. why u upstted at this?

Quote Originally Posted by boredperso View Post
    why do u post abut this? i go to schol and have to do homework when i palay the game sumtimes and then i has to afk in the warfront to get free points. why u upstted at this?
    because ur team wants to win and with ppl afking they cant
    See you all in Wildstar!

Telaran

Yeah this is getting a bit annoying I know in the few servers we are paired with I see the same 2 names over and over who constantly AFK in codex. Wish there was more to do, but all that can be done is just report them each time. Would love a /vote off option and once the majority votes they go bye bye.
    Mahaanmuutto -=Challenge Accepted=-

Shadowlander

I truly hate people like you, if ppl are AFK, it just makes it harder for the rest of us to win.

Sword of Telara

This is exactly why ppl are complaining about AFKers in Warfronts.
    Players like you take up a spot from those who want to play.
    You do not contribute to the teams effort to win, making it that much more difficult for them to actually win.

WF's are not there for you to get free stuff, they are there for those who want to pit themselves against other players in a scenario with an objective.
    You either works for what you want, or you dont get it. Thats how the world is, and thats how the game is intended to work.

If you think WF's are there for you to get free points, then you have misunderstood the whole concept of of them.
    Nothing is free, you have to work for it.
    Last edited by Ethelryn; 02-27-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Plane Touched

petition a GM, there was someone who was doing this yesterday, one of our guys petitioned a GM, the GM looked into it, and the player was disconnected from rift

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Norberum View Post
    petition a GM, there was someone who was doing this yesterday, one of our guys petitioned a GM, the GM looked into it, and the player was disconnected from rift
    Should really have thought about this myself actually.
    But yeah, its the best thing you can do about it for now at least.

Would be nice if the add some kind of report system, not a player voting system, that can be abused, but something that flags a player for the GM's to look into and have them sort it out.

Telaran

Yeah something needs to be done yesterday I watched this one player use /sleep emote, while the fighting was happening underneath him (top of the wall at the guardian end) on a number of occasions.

I also noticed a lot of players give up if they dont get the flag at the start then go afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosswise View Post
    We are having problems with AFKers in Warfronts already. What is something that can be done about it? I was thinking if they stand still for 30 seconds, but that will just force them to make a bot program to move a step every 28 seconds. How about a damage, capture and healing done check? Force them to be doing something, or be booted out.
    We warned Trion in beta but they didnt believe us. and look at what we have now. Played 1 Warfront yesterday and i was the only active player for my side. yeah it was 10 vs 1

Soulwalker

You can find boredpeso trolling every single concern thread, sometimes pretty well, mostly transparent. Stop feeding him.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast