+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Must read for pvp'rs

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvix View Post
    Aye all the carebear cowards can cower away crying on their pve server while us real men and women fight!. Don't cry to hard if you get hit now
    Wow, really? This is the kind of crap that makes PVE'ers hate on PVP people. Not to mention this coming from a guy cowering behind his internet connection and anonymity. You are the reason there is still a massive chasm between PVE and PVP players. Stop the hate. Stop being a ****** and stop using that carebear crap.

You spend your money how you want to and I'll spend mine how I want to. If someone doesn't want to be subject to your raging idiocy that doesn't make them a carebear. Just makes them smart with their money.

I'm not going to sit here and make assumptions about you or what you do irl or any of that. That's just silly. However, you present yourself to be a very damaged individual that needs a hug. Perhaps you can go buy one.

Or you could Just be nice. Takes less effort than being a tool.

Thumbs up

Trion gets my money.

In Trion I trust.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Quote Originally Posted by LauZaIM View Post
    I'm glad the servers are separate, because I couldn't imagine playing a game with someone so ignorant and delusional.

Don't worry my friend, nobody is going to kill you while you farm cellulose for your paper armor.

Give thanks to Trion for creating servers for all kind of players. Even for "Roleplayers", I think the last time I saw that kind of server was in 1999 in Everquest.
    Last edited by FAT_KONAN; 02-10-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Ascendant

I love how nobody gets me on this forum =p just read the post from the idiot pve'er saying how now the pvp servers can go back to griefing each other and you'll know exactly what i was doing there. For those to dumb to understand even reading that i'll explain

This was not about griefing or ganking it was about open world pvp anywere. If griefing does become a problem im sure all pvp players will be happy to have it so theres a guard which appears at hubs if people attack when they are say 10 or 20 levels above the suggest level for the area. So for example gloamwood, if a level 50 attacks a hub then a 1 hitter guard kills them. Hopefully though griefing wont be a major problem

There do you get it now? if not then im afraid i can't dumb it down enough for you to do so

Icing on the cake, really. It's nice that you won't always have to rely on chance encounters in the open world and can bait the opposition to come out to get down and dirty.

Well done.

OMI

Thank you Trion, this is awesome!

I love Trion so much right now, words cannot express the joy I feel.
    Fallout Clan - Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by PotRoast View Post
    I'm sure Trion will address any issues as they arise. They've done a great job of addressing concerns already. If you are worried PVE server is for you.
    Nice jab for my honest perspective. Im not worried about myself trust me im worried about the game, i want this game to work. The funnest pvp in a game is the high end guild rivalries, where you are in constant competition with the big boys from the other faction which motivates you to keep gearing up for that next faceoff with your archrival on the server. Camping lowbie zones will hamper your competitions chance of getting some talent which will just gimp your fun in the end trust me. Open pvp at the high level towns is all that is needed and will keep server faction balance more intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiself View Post
    Nice jab for my honest perspective. Im not worried about myself trust me im worried about the game, i want this game to work. The funnest pvp in a game is the high end guild rivalries, where you are in constant competition with the big boys from the other faction which motivates you to keep gearing up for that next faceoff with your archrival on the server. Camping lowbie zones will hamper your competitions chance of getting some talent which will just gimp your fun in the end trust me. Open pvp at the high level towns is all that is needed and will keep server faction balance more intact.
    Nothing which can't be resolved on a PvP server, you need to reroll PvE if you don't want PvP slowing your leveling process, it's really that simple.
    Fallout Clan - Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvix View Post
    I love how nobody gets me on this forum =p just read the post from the idiot pve'er saying how now the pvp servers can go back to griefing each other and you'll know exactly what i was doing there. For those to dumb to understand even reading that i'll explain

This was not about griefing or ganking it was about open world pvp anywere. If griefing does become a problem im sure all pvp players will be happy to have it so theres a guard which appears at hubs if people attack when they are say 10 or 20 levels above the suggest level for the area. So for example gloamwood, if a level 50 attacks a hub then a 1 hitter guard kills them. Hopefully though griefing wont be a major problem

There do you get it now? if not then im afraid i can't dumb it down enough for you to do so
    lol... this is a perfect example of why the servers need the separation. Way to emphasize my point lil' guy

Telaran

I totally love Trion for making this change, but I would just like to mention one thing.

Scenario:

I'm a low 20's defiant questing in glaomwood, having a merry 'ol time wacking npc's etc... go to turn in my quest and there's some Guardians there who have killed the quest givers. Ok, no problem, I'll try and get some people together to kill them, yay spontaneous world pvp

HOWEVER

What if those Guardians are 2 lvl 50's? 3? 4? Being so soon after launch, how can 5 or maybe 10 lvl 20's take out a few lvl 50's? What if there aren't any 40+ Defiants willing to help? Maybe I'm thinking of the worst case scenario.. but this would suck. lol.

But still, love the change and i'm still rolling on a pvp server.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by EbonHawk View Post
    lol... this is a perfect example of why the servers need the separation. Way to emphasize my point lil' guy
    Exactly how does what I said emphasise your racist point that all pvpers are griefers? You just decided to make a generalisation of all pvpers based on pretty much nothing. True pvp is not griefing and pvpers are getting fed up with idiots like you saying it is. Please learn a bit more about pvp before you post about it

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by EbonHawk View Post
    Thank you Trion!
    Now the so called griefers and gankers can play on their PvP servers and flex their e-peen muscles and the PvE players can enjoy theirs without the immature interruptions.
    Well done!
    And for those who didn't see it heres his stupid post

a fair warning. don't roll PVP if you are not prepared for surprise attack from a group of high level, even to the point of camping at your faction out post.

what? you want to raid for epic end game gear then roll others in PVP because you had gear advantage?
    DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT

PVP meant PVP NOW. not when your gears are ready.

I look forward to mass scale pvp. this is what makes the game, this is what makes the glorious moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionis View Post
    I totally love Trion for making this change, but I would just like to mention one thing.

Scenario:

I'm a low 20's defiant questing in glaomwood, having a merry 'ol time wacking npc's etc... go to turn in my quest and there's some Guardians there who have killed the quest givers. Ok, no problem, I'll try and get some people together to kill them, yay spontaneous world pvp

HOWEVER

What if those Guardians are 2 lvl 50's? 3? 4? Being so soon after launch, how can 5 or maybe 10 lvl 20's take out a few lvl 50's? What if there aren't any 40+ Defiants willing to help? Maybe I'm thinking of the worst case scenario.. but this would suck. lol.

But still, love the change and i'm still rolling on a pvp server.
    I think it'd still be fun for a bunch of lowbies swarm a couple of level 50's and try to kill them lol. You'd already have the cojones that the 50's lacked and may even kill them. Tons of favor for you none for them AND you get a nice screenshot to humiliate them on the server forums with ;D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast