Closed Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point

Rift Chaser

Default Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point

Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point for most pvp orientated guilds.

Now its being changed because a select few people cannot handle it? that is why pve servers are there.

I can 100% say, if the pvp in this game is dulled down, so that you cannot fight in towns/quest hubs due to guards that require 100 people to just take down 1, i will not be playing, and there will be thousands more pvp orientated players doing the same.

The people who are complaining about the pvp servers, do us a favour and dont coment on them please, the pve servers are there for a reason, play on them.

Do not wreck they only decent pvp mmorpg to come out due to your inability to handle being killed on a PVP server.

Trion please listen to the pvp guilds on this matter, if you look at wars population its dead due to them adhering to players who wanted gaurds and safezones and chicken zones. Please dont go down the same path, make the pvp server real pvp (open and full pvp anywere even the towns), if you have to have guards, make them killable atleast, dont make them harder to kill then raid bosses unless they are main charatcers in the town etc... Even wow which is a pve orientated game allows players to enter cities and kill the npcs.

I know this is like the 100th thread regarding this, but can we get some sort of reply from trion that this matter is being adressed, i have alot of friends waiting to preorder, and it all depends on the pvp changes basically.

Cheers
    Last edited by manshoon; 02-07-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Manshoon
    Zhentil Keep Archmage
    www.zhentilkeep.forumotion.net

Rift Disciple

myself im a devoted PVE server player myself. i remember when there was honour almost and a sense of fun in world pvp back in EQ it was more a way to resolve conflict nowadays world pvp just means griefing and ganking,

and i think its time the game makers acknowledged it and let em have their fun (sounds like hell to me!)
    at teh very least it shouldnt be out of the question to have one "no holds barred" pvp server where there just arent any guards let em have at it see if its as popular as is claimed.

i would guess the feedback your getting puts these guys in the minority (why else would you make these changes) but perhaps its time to add the new ruleset and divide the pvp population.

Ascendant

It was actually the people on the PVE servers whining that got it changed.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Talitu View Post
    myself im a devoted PVE server player myself. i remember when there was honour almost and a sense of fun in world pvp back in EQ it was more a way to resolve conflict nowadays world pvp just means griefing and ganking,
    You're kidding, right? One of the features of EQ PVP was noobies being ganked in the noobie yards.
    Last edited by winterfall; 02-07-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Rift Chaser

from the threads over the last 2 days mate, the ones crying for the changes are the minority, the majority of the people rolling on the pvp severs are coming here because trion offered us what not many other games out did.

Full pvp, even in quest hubs and towns, not many games have done this since UO/SB.

Now they are thinking of changing it because a select few carebears want it changed so they can run back to gaurds ? what a joke.

I know this has dissapointed a huge amount of players in my guild.

I was quiet happy with the lvl 20 cap being there,not being able to kill players under lvl 20 doesnt phaze me, but adding in guards that are almost indestructable in zones is rather stupid to be honest, its catering to 10% of the people who play on pvp servers, and will make them ghost towns after a few months of p[lay, Just like gearhammer, i mean warhammer
    Manshoon
    Zhentil Keep Archmage

As a resident of Rallos Zek from when EQ first came out, Talitu is describing a whole different game. Ganking was the norm, kill people for their 1 item drop was common, and it was considered extremely rude to /inspect someone, since it implied you were considering killing them for their gear.

But as far as Rift goes, definitely open it up. We need two systems, one to protect the PvE people on their servers, and one more open on the PvP. Give the PvE servers their guards, so they don't have to be forced into pvp to defend their towns, but keep the uber guards out of the PvP servers, since things can be taken care of by the players themselves. Definitely have town guards, just weaker ones that can be dealt with, yet strong enough that you can't just ignore them.

Shadowlander

well this is big news to me and a big disappointment. when my friends and i played beta in the deepstrike server and reached level 10, we got hit by a bunch of lvl 20 defiants in silverwood town. after the encounter, we were all talking about it, we all thought that that kind of ganking/pvp/open rvr was great. no npc guards, players could do anything they want to do in the world. the possibilites and opportunities for rvr/pvp would be endless. when one of my friends got to lvl 20, he went to the enemy side and did some open pvp. he bought pre ordered the game right after.

now, from what ive read these posts, the develelopers are removing this feature because of some people who want to pve in peace? isnt that what the pve servers are for? for people who cant handle pvp/rvr.

what the crap is going on here!

Shadowlander

completely off topic...but is this the Manshoon from RoM? anyways so far compared to RoM the pvp is a whole lot more exciting and dynamic. and a few safe zones and some tougher guards aint that big of a deal. there are whole zones that are contested/pvp based so imho i dont think trion would "ruin" whole zones by making npc's impossible to kill.
    not to mention yesterday there were 2 defiant wandering around argent on my server Spitescar, for a good hour and never had a issue (lvls 29 and 32) think they left cuz there were nop lvl 30's in the zone and got bored just standing in the middle of town unopposed.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by manshoon View Post
    guards that require 100 people to just take down 1
    Gather your 100's and take down the guards!
    Last edited by Chipster; 02-07-2011 at 10:07 PM.

I generally hate PVP but think you should have your Charlie Manson server, it will keep the psychopaths and 13 year olds in one place where you can have all the "fun" you want. Your paying for it so why not give it to you. We need a server for every type of player it will keep sub numbers up and make people happy.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by artnerd963 View Post
    completely off topic...but is this the Manshoon from RoM? anyways so far compared to RoM the pvp is a whole lot more exciting and dynamic. and a few safe zones and some tougher guards aint that big of a deal. there are whole zones that are contested/pvp based so imho i dont think trion would "ruin" whole zones by making npc's impossible to kill.
    not to mention yesterday there were 2 defiant wandering around argent on my server Spitescar, for a good hour and never had a issue (lvls 29 and 32) think they left cuz there were nop lvl 30's in the zone and got bored just standing in the middle of town unopposed.
    yes mate, we stopped playing rom due to the obscene amounts of rl cash needed to constantly upgrade, was a fun game that aside, the full pvp, and player loot drops were fun as hell.

Zk is gonna give RIFT a try mate , will be most of the lads also, i just hope trion doesnt do a warhammer and dull down the pvp to adhere to the carebears who have ample pve servers to play.

There is not many full pvp games out there, we had high hopes for this, see how things go i guess mate.
    Manshoon
    Zhentil Keep Archmage

Soulwalker

PvP servers are for PvP. PvE servers are for PvE. Don't gimp PvP servers for the people who should be playing on the PvE servers.

Sorry if it's been said in this thread already, but that's about as simple as it gets. Show your support by quoting that one simple line.

Soulwalker

/signed

Please trion reply as to what is planned for PvP servers regarding this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by manshoon View Post
    Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point for most pvp orientated guilds.

Now its being changed because a select few people cannot handle it? that is why pve servers are there.

I can 100% say, if the pvp in this game is dulled down, so that you cannot fight in towns/quest hubs due to guards that require 100 people to just take down 1, i will not be playing, and there will be thousands more pvp orientated players doing the same.

The people who are complaining about the pvp servers, do us a favour and dont coment on them please, the pve servers are there for a reason, play on them.

Do not wreck they only decent pvp mmorpg to come out due to your inability to handle being killed on a PVP server.

Trion please listen to the pvp guilds on this matter, if you look at wars population its dead due to them adhering to players who wanted gaurds and safezones and chicken zones. Please dont go down the same path, make the pvp server real pvp (open and full pvp anywere even the towns), if you have to have guards, make them killable atleast, dont make them harder to kill then raid bosses unless they are main charatcers in the town etc... Even wow which is a pve orientated game allows players to enter cities and kill the npcs.

I know this is like the 100th thread regarding this, but can we get some sort of reply from trion that this matter is being adressed, i have alot of friends waiting to preorder, and it all depends on the pvp changes basically.

Cheers
    /agree 100%

Plane Touched

Signed,

Give carebear players what they want. PVE SERVERS. If your going to have pvp servers where the only difference is pvp is always on, you have failed. Im starting to think you hired the fired devs from mythic... Please tell me im wrong

Rift Master

I have an honest question;
    Do people consider a stealthed Rogue stalking a player for upwards of five minutes waiting for them to engage combat with an NPC or another player and then ambushing them 'griefing'?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast