Closed Thread
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73
Results 1,081 to 1,093 of 1093

Thread: Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point

  1. #1081
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darknightosb View Post
    The problem is that people that do not like PVP gameplay or style mess things up for PVP players!
    The PVP players look for more content and gameplay and mess things for the PVE players!

    Some PVE players have never played on a PVP server long enough to level up because they find it hard to look over the shoulder while questing so they end up with hate for the hard core PVP player!

    This is the same reason I say give the PEOPLE who want to play PVP a Pure PVP server and the people that want PVE a Pure PVE server and leave the old PVE/PVP server with early BETA ruleset alone.

    IMO!
    INVASIONS should be both NPC and REAL LIVE PLAYERS no matter what level they are!
    Deal with it and zerg up to kill those PVP PLAYERS like they have done in upper level gameplay where a both side are close to each other!

    After that break it down by PVP and PVE server rules for those who are OCD and are creaturs of habit.
    SEE I want rift invations to be player and NPC JUST NOT AT level 10 is a stupid idea! 20 ON OKAY but only if those players are the same level and not a ******* who's 50 making life hard for them. I'm all for PvP the problem is with people who like to abuse the system and if the systems abused by BAD PVP players and I mean bad because they cant handle anyone their level.

    MY POINT IS those servers will be screwed in the end if theres no policing of the bad PvP players. There are players on these forums that already admit to being low level gankers just because it makes their day to bother those players who are 10 or more levels under them.
    Last edited by Paradim; 02-11-2011 at 10:51 AM.

  2. #1082
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catskills View Post
    Don't roll on the PvP server. In most of the games, you are killable from 5 minutes onwards, stop this carebearism.
    LoL carebearism the days of killing players 10 or more levels under you are over you guys refuse to see it. PvP servers are meant for PvP NOT GANK PvP is the truth, I'm all good with watching my back from someone one or tow levels above me but people who can 1 shot players really have no business in those zones. Is called common sense and some of you don't have enough of it to understand how it affects other players play style. (NO CLUE AT ALL) Is like me going to you're house and point blank shooting you in the head and going haha ganked! IS there any competition at all in that?

    Now I know those PvP servers will be dead in a week and I will laugh so hard when you guys have NO one to play with because no ones allowed to do anything they want for an hour or so. Just by the way these threads are going I can tell most of you just don't want competitive PvP, you want to be able and harass most players whom are way under your actual level.

  3. #1083
    General of Telara Siegmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    863

    Default

    I am a little shocked this topic is still going on. It's a PvP aka gankjoobutt server, or it's red it's dead.

  4. #1084
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradim View Post
    Wardstones in lowbie zones shouldn't be attackable at all. I will deal with PvP from 21 on I dont care if the contested zones are from level 20 on but from 6 to 19 is silly to have a 50 **** everyone in that town just because they can. Should come out with a chicken idea if the targets at leas 10 levels under you this would make PvP actually meaningful in PvP servers.
    I would assume that attackable wardstones will follow the Contested zones already in place.

    In Freemarch/Silverwood players are not PvP enabled, so it would make sense that the wardstones are also not.

  5. #1085
    Shadowlander Rennev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siegmund View Post
    I am a little shocked this topic is still going on. It's a PvP aka gankjoobutt server, or it's red it's dead.
    I really hope it will be if your red - your dead. I would like to see a mob of lowbies chase and kill higher lvl enemies. I hope to see and be part of a lot of the killings but I not a ganker.. I will wait for them to finish killing that poor little monster and then I go kill them .

    Now if they are running around .. I will chase them and expect anyone of my fellow players join in the chase dont care what is ur lvl.

    None of this .. letting enemies hang out near or inside a city and waving at them.. blah.. Kill them cause trust me you go on their side you will be dropped real fast.

  6. #1086
    Ascendant lol r u mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    >PvP servers are meant for PvP NOT GANK PvP

    Ganking someone = Player versus player combat. You are wrong sir.

    http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

  7. #1087
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A box
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Well technically gangking is a fight were the person being ganked has no hope of fighting back (eg are 40 levels lower or found at 10% health after a mob fight). Ganking isn't an issue though it happens to us all and we all get over it. The problem is griefing, aka when that person who killed you then follows you for 5 hours so you can do nothing but stay in a safe zone or die over and over

  8. #1088
    Sword of Telara Ciik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol u mad? View Post
    >PvP servers are meant for PvP NOT GANK PvP

    Ganking someone = Player versus player combat. You are wrong sir.
    True that Ganking someone is PvP. However, Trion has clearly made PvP servers very open environments for "Griefing". That is a seperate subject in and of itself, which I started here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-not-Griefing

  9. #1089
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I support this thread's op, wholeheartedly.

  10. #1090
    Plane Touched Zainyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    269

    Thumbs up Impressive

    Wow I can't believe this thread is still going!

    What constitutes ganking, griefing or hardcore? It's all laid out here in... THE PVP GLOSSARY OF TERMS THREAD

  11. #1091
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    TY for reverting the changes. World PvP will be fun once more. I was scared this was turning into a WoW-clone for a second there. Casual PvPers should roll on a PvE server. Everything they want is over there.

  12. #1092
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manshoon View Post
    Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point for most pvp orientated guilds.

    Now its being changed because a select few people cannot handle it? that is why pve servers are there.

    I can 100% say, if the pvp in this game is dulled down, so that you cannot fight in towns/quest hubs due to guards that require 100 people to just take down 1, i will not be playing, and there will be thousands more pvp orientated players doing the same.

    The people who are complaining about the pvp servers, do us a favour and dont coment on them please, the pve servers are there for a reason, play on them.

    Do not wreck they only decent pvp mmorpg to come out due to your inability to handle being killed on a PVP server.


    Trion please listen to the pvp guilds on this matter, if you look at wars population its dead due to them adhering to players who wanted gaurds and safezones and chicken zones. Please dont go down the same path, make the pvp server real pvp (open and full pvp anywere even the towns), if you have to have guards, make them killable atleast, dont make them harder to kill then raid bosses unless they are main charatcers in the town etc... Even wow which is a pve orientated game allows players to enter cities and kill the npcs.




    I know this is like the 100th thread regarding this, but can we get some sort of reply from trion that this matter is being adressed, i have alot of friends waiting to preorder, and it all depends on the pvp changes basically.



    Cheers

    I agree i am not sure why game companys are lazy and dont' want to make certain rules for certain servers.

    Its pretty dumb.

    A pvp server should be all out pvp and a rp server should be all out rp.

    Which if you go on an rp server with a dumb name and you aren't rping you should be banned.

    Just like pvp server should have guards but killable guards. not op guards
    Last edited by Oleagon; 02-15-2011 at 11:51 AM.

  13. #1093
    Telaran Anyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Someone complaining about PVP on a PVP server is about equivalent to a non smoker walking into a designated smoke area and complaining about it being smokey.

Closed Thread
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts