Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1093

Thread: Full PVP, little to no guards, attacking people in towns was a major selling point

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple Nov8tr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    I generally hate PVP but think you should have your Charlie Manson server, it will keep the psychopaths and 13 year old's in one place where you can have all the "fun" you want. Your paying for it so why not give it to you. We need a server for every type of player it will keep sub numbers up and make people happy.
    This is one of the best post I've seen in many a year. It is directly to the point and explains it in excellent detail. Do we want a bunch of ganker/greifers on most of the servers? Why no of course. Do they have a right to have a full fledged gankfest server. Sure. Take their money and give them a gank server and they can kill each other to their delight. They are happy. The company is happy cuz they get paid. And the majority of the people who play the game will be happy because we know the nut jobs are OVER THERE---->>>. Not playing on normal servers with normal people. We can have normal PVE and normal PVP servers as usual for the rest of us. GREAT IDEA Deehoney!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........
    ..........Insert pic................This line for specs of my computer that no one cares about.
    ..........of some
    ..........effeminate..............This line for insightful quote from some dead guy here.
    ..........Korean
    ..........avatar.....................Now some comment from me that I think is witty.
    ..........here
    AND LAST OF ALL, SOME LINE IN BOLD CAPS TELLING HOW BAD I THINK I AM AND HOW YOU'RE NOT

  2. #17
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    301

    Default

    As someone who intends to roll on a PVE server for this game, I completely agree with the OP.
    PVP servers should be full on PVP - why else would you roll there?

  3. #18
    Sword of Telara Vanwaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    807

    Default

    As a player eternally noob on the PVP side of things, a player that rolls on PVP servers just for the privilege of being ganked repeatedly, I strongly approve of this thread.

  4. #19
    Plane Walker LunasF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Totally agree
    Last edited by LunasF; 02-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.

  5. #20
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney australia
    Posts
    316

    Default

    i dont want this thread derailed but i will say this


    WARHAMMER's server pops dwindled at a alarming rate, shortly after release. Due to players wanting guards/safezones/chicken systems etc.... , majority of people who play to pvp want full pvp, little to no restrictions, i can safely say that figure would easily be 80% of the people who play on pvp servers.

    Please do the right thing trion and give us the pvp server no other game has at the moment, do not listen to the few on this matter.
    Manshoon
    Zhentil Keep Archmage
    www.zhentilkeep.forumotion.net

  6. #21
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    242

    Default

    I agree with the OP, make the town / world pvp changes for PvE servers, bring back killable guards and wardstones. What the point of a PvP server when anyone and everyone can just run to guards. Not only that, but it takes a group of 5 people tank, dps, healer to take out guards that are lower level, and still takes a while to kill them.

    My advice to Trion, change the world PvP back to the way Beta 5 was before you ruin the PvP community in this game and just make another wanabe WoW PvE game. You come out with some original cool ideas like ancient wardstones and then slap us pvpers in the face with unkillable guards and "safe zones" for ranged classes to snipe out of. Stop catering to PvE carebears that want to roll on a PvP server and whine when they get ganked in town.
    Mainspec - Casual melter - Hardcore PvP rogue
    -- Guild Unstable --
    www.Unstablerift.com

  7. #22
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendas View Post
    As a resident of Rallos Zek from when EQ first came out, Talitu is describing a whole different game. Ganking was the norm, kill people for their 1 item drop was common, and it was considered extremely rude to /inspect someone, since it implied you were considering killing them for their gear.

    But as far as Rift goes, definitely open it up. We need two systems, one to protect the PvE people on their servers, and one more open on the PvP. Give the PvE servers their guards, so they don't have to be forced into pvp to defend their towns, but keep the uber guards out of the PvP servers, since things can be taken care of by the players themselves. Definitely have town guards, just weaker ones that can be dealt with, yet strong enough that you can't just ignore them.
    so they don't have to be forced into pvp to defend their towns

    ^is the sentence I have an issue with. How is ganking a lvl 12 and his quest giving town with a group of 50s Making that lvl 12 defend his town? People on a pvp server WANT to kill other people. You don't need any more of a reason then "I saw them" or "they showed up". Killing a town is just a way to grief people and stop them from having any ability to play the game. A level 12 cannot defend his town and quest givers from level 50s. And he's the one who has a reason to do it. The level 50s will show up and fight just because you are there. You aren't killing THEIR quest mobs in THIER zone. So they are not being forced into anything, they'll show up to kill you, just because you are there and they want a fight.

    Imo there should just be a new server type called Hardcore pvp where you can gank each others quest npc's and greif all you want.

    Then everyone would have a server type that they want to go to. Including the people who are mad because they can't grief as hard as the can in WoW.

    To the OP, you can kill towns/quest mobs in PvE servers on wow. This wasn't "new" or "interesting". It's actually a really lame tactic used to pick on people smaller then yourself. Because the people in those areas do not have a way to stop you until high level players come to deal with you. *If* high level players aren't busy and feel like helping.

  8. #23
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manshoon View Post
    i dont want this thread derailed but i will say this


    WARHAMMER's server pops dwindled at a alarming rate, shortly after release. Due to players wanting guards/safezones/chicken systems etc.... , majority of people who play to pvp want full pvp, little to no restrictions, i can safely say that figure would easily be 80% of the people who play on pvp servers.

    Please do the right thing trion and give us the pvp server no other game has at the moment, do not listen to the few on this matter.
    War failed because it was completely unfinished, unbalanced and the PvP was always pretty carebear (no looting? pfft)

  9. #24
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I think they need to take a note from DAoC as far as a PVP server....Not saying letting defiant/guardians group and ****...Just mean like how you could go into any town cept the main capitals and kill...It was fun exciting made you and everyone fair game. And people on that server understood it and if they didnt like it...Well just go to the rest of the servers that was normal playing style.

  10. #25
    Champion gooberstilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    I generally hate PVP but think you should have your Charlie Manson server, it will keep the psychopaths and 13 year olds in one place where you can have all the "fun" you want. Your paying for it so why not give it to you. We need a server for every type of player it will keep sub numbers up and make people happy.
    lol i dig how you put that. Most pvp'ers remind me of children I used to play counter-strike with. Every time they kill a player they tea-bag or laugh at their corpse. Sort of like a high school jock... they think its really cool when they're tweens, and during their aging process, after being arrested several times for being a complete tool... they sort of get the picture.

    Also, it sort of sums it up that the OP came from RoM. When did Trion ever state that PvP was 100% FFA all the time? They didnt promise you anything. They did however, offer a great experience, and after enjoying three betas myself, I'm having a blast inside and outside of PvP.
    Its not about YOU... its about the COMMUNITY.

  11. #26
    Champion Dranzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendas View Post
    As a resident of Rallos Zek from when EQ first came out, Talitu is describing a whole different game. Ganking was the norm, kill people for their 1 item drop was common, and it was considered extremely rude to /inspect someone, since it implied you were considering killing them for their gear.

    But as far as Rift goes, definitely open it up. We need two systems, one to protect the PvE people on their servers, and one more open on the PvP. Give the PvE servers their guards, so they don't have to be forced into pvp to defend their towns, but keep the uber guards out of the PvP servers, since things can be taken care of by the players themselves. Definitely have town guards, just weaker ones that can be dealt with, yet strong enough that you can't just ignore them.

    Funny what your describing was WoW world PVP before they implemented flying mounts, and in Vanilla there was some awesome world PVP in that game.

    Sadly flying mounts killed all world PVP.

  12. #27
    Rift Disciple Berethos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine13x7 View Post
    Signed,

    Give carebear players what they want. PVE SERVERS. If your going to have pvp servers where the only difference is pvp is always on, you have failed. Im starting to think you hired the fired devs from mythic... Please tell me im wrong
    Not sure if you noticed there chief, but there are PvE servers...

    I was under the impression, regarding the changes with the guards, that it was actually because of "PvPers" on PvE servers camping the guards there, and the outcry that that created, which was a more influential factor than anyone complaining on PvP servers.

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nov8tr View Post
    This is one of the best post I've seen in many a year. It is directly to the point and explains it in excellent detail. Do we want a bunch of ganker/greifers on most of the servers? Why no of course. Do they have a right to have a full fledged gankfest server. Sure. Take their money and give them a gank server and they can kill each other to their delight. They are happy. The company is happy cuz they get paid. And the majority of the people who play the game will be happy because we know the nut jobs are OVER THERE---->>>. Not playing on normal servers with normal people. We can have normal PVE and normal PVP servers as usual for the rest of us. GREAT IDEA Deehoney!!
    Its usually only the bads that complain about being ganked, because they dont know how to survive a gank. Food for thought.

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney australia
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouche View Post
    so they don't have to be forced into pvp to defend their towns

    ^is the sentence I have an issue with. How is ganking a lvl 12 and his quest giving town with a group of 50s Making that lvl 12 defend his town? People on a pvp server WANT to kill other people. You don't need any more of a reason then "I saw them" or "they showed up". Killing a town is just a way to grief people and stop them from having any ability to play the game. A level 12 cannot defend his town and quest givers from level 50s. And he's the one who has a reason to do it. The level 50s will show up and fight just because you are there. You aren't killing THEIR quest mobs in THIER zone. So they are not being forced into anything, they'll show up to kill you, just because you are there and they want a fight.

    Imo there should just be a new server type called Hardcore pvp where you can gank each others quest npc's and greif all you want.

    Then everyone would have a server type that they want to go to. Including the people who are mad because they can't grief as hard as the can in WoW.

    To the OP, you can kill towns/quest mobs in PvE servers on wow. This wasn't "new" or "interesting". It's actually a really lame tactic used to pick on people smaller then yourself. Because the people in those areas do not have a way to stop you until high level players come to deal with you. *If* high level players aren't busy and feel like helping.

    Actually you ganked in the lower lvl zones to get the high lvl players attention, we had some hard arse battles at redridge mate, with our guild, and no it wasnt fighting lowbies, you would kill a few to stir up the alliance, but that would draw in more and more until you got swamped, was fun as hell. But that was a long time ago, when i didnt hate wow with the passion i do now.


    As for lvl 50's killinf lvl 12's last i checked it wAS lvl 20 and above that were auto flagged, under 20 you had to flag, or was that also a recent change?
    i have no problem with there being a certain lvl range were players cannot be killed, that happens in most games, but 20 is far enough for that lvl cap.
    Manshoon
    Zhentil Keep Archmage
    www.zhentilkeep.forumotion.net

  15. #30
    Rift Chaser Muzzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    why not just nerf guards on pvp servers and make them alert people?

    Why dont one of you griefers make a poll in the poll section and like link it and stuff to get people to vote because if tirion see a majority want pvp servers to be griefing hell (or in the rare case fair full on pvp) they maybe more prone to listen? * edit* nvm I guess you cant make one, pm an admin perhaps and get them to do it? beats making new threads when your point gets disproven and you look like a kid*
    Last edited by Muzzel; 02-07-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts