+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Can someone test soothing radiance?

  1. #16
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I used to pve on Rift. Its not hard.

    That being said pve items are not meant to get through to pvp. Its why almost all pve items are bolstered down.....so that answers your question on the game makers intent. Last year they corrected the earrings to not work in pve. They didnt purposefully allow those items through-they just went bankrupt before they could fix them. Your whole thinking is screwed up on this.

    No one is scared to do an old raid. Your delusional if you think thats why most dont have it. A lot of pvp’ers just want to pvp, and some of us dislike unfair advantages and would rather rely on skill, win or lose. Your philosophy is completely different.

    Imagine if everyone grabbed the broken pve items it would be ******ed pvp. Your healing for way more then anything else stacking pots, reliquary, and that broken heal in pvp. In any wf without healers your most healed if you didnt know this. I remember a primalist during its broken time also using a pve heal item. Every wf was boring no one could kill them (because of that item). The same philosophy you espouse justifies them as well.

    Using that shield is just a crutch. Instead of playing better at melee and switching specs as needed you complain and beat on others using warrior (so so surprised there) and heal up while no one else at all save an actual healer can live that long. Go melee when the wf allows and switch to RB or tempest or Reaver when it doesnt. Every wf is different. I literally switch from ranged to melee depending on the wf or how grouped enemies stay. And yes, I successfully melee all the time. Several warriors do so, without the unintended broken pve shield.

    Honestly you seem to try to justify every single broken thing in this game and actively seek to utilize it. Integrity is a real thing, even if its no longer enforced by a almost nonexistent Gamigo. You might want to look up the definition of integrity before replying back, or anyone else for that matter.
    Im running comet of ahnket raids every week anyone can come. And No i really don't care if a pve items help out melee in rift i really don't. You don't successfully melee all the time on warrior you don't because I know you.. to run that shield you have to sacrifice damage a decent chunk too. suddenly melee is in great shape now to you. When you sent me tells mentioning my healing these were very small number games. And full games totally full wf's warriors aren't in melee like it's easy.

    you know you can craft healing potions? why bring up integrity. you bring up the shield but the style of rift pvp is one that any given time there's like 5 ppl hitting you with ranged specs.

    Hope you understand that there is specs out there like shaman, assassin and harb all these specs if played well is on par with a coa shield warrior. Warlock willl last just as long if not longer than a warrior that's used a coa shield in a 1v1.

    but go ahead.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-25-2021 at 12:09 PM.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    The Rogue tank offhand has the exact same effect and activates dual wield wp scaling.

    I bet nobody of them even cared to get into block statistics.


    This discussion could be replaced with people buying vitamin water and people asking to stop supporting scam industries.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The Rogue tank offhand has the exact same effect and activates dual wield wp scaling.

    I bet nobody of them even cared to get into block statistics.


    This discussion could be replaced with people buying vitamin water and people asking to stop supporting scam industries.
    I have the dagger as well you still lose out on lvl 70 runes.

    These items dont just work with /use in order to use them they require something when you use the sheild or dagger for a few secs your basically uselless and your dmg goes down even furthur it's not without sacrific

  4. #19
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I have the dagger as well you still lose out on lvl 70 runes.

    These items dont just work with /use in order to use them they require something when you use the sheild or dagger for a few secs your basically uselless and your dmg goes down even furthur it's not without sacrific
    Thank you i know how guard based tank weapons work.

    I am not entirely against using toys.

    This discussion is like using health pots in wow classic duells.
    You can't argue against people using toys and utility available- but you can open a topic about dignity and gentlemen agreements- since those duells usually are about benchmarking the player- and not the content of his bags.
    And maybe just maybe not going around potting in a duell and then trying to promote one self and it's use.

    The issue really is less about people spening a ton of time acquiring non intentional bis items- that's a dev thing.
    It is that people on training wheels try to rail against someone who is questioning the gameplay value of an old-item-collectables-war.

    Remember to attack and destroy someone's argument or charakter, don't try to destroy the person behind it lol- it's still a sport-hobby.

    And besides the equip penalty, it takes max 1.5 secs to use the heal.

    I would LOVE to see alot of cc, break frees and other planar stuff like Vapor Rush or an improved Thunderous Leap removed and addet to trinkets and weapon effects, able to increase cc value, customise the loadout and finetune the toolset semi- flexible.
    The Eternal armor kind of went in that direction- even if implemented poorly.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-25-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  5. #20
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    The way I see it if others have if others use it's your loss if you don't and if you complain about it when you could get it that's on you.

    But i will say it again we are complaining about how I use an item to melee in rift like.... using that shield lowers your damage 30% at the minimum. I see specs like lock and mystic archers compromising PvE objectives. I'm a little wary of people talking about specs and classes they haven't mastered. the discussion on the assasin is being held by people who dont play assassin and or haven't mastered it.

    same goes for rift blade and warrior in general. Like what is it with you people? you want warriors to run in and respawn for 15 mins straight?

  6. #21
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    82

    Default

    People act like these weapons break pvp lol. there are handful of people using COA **** and they all die the same in warfronts. and not for nothing every warfront Konsta joins its 3 or more people constantly saying **** to him and all focus him. Or they try to get the whole team to focus him. Wouldn’t have to run so many heals if y’all would leave each other alone. We’re all atleast over 20 years and should be able to put the rift drama behind. A lot of y’all have helped me or have been good company in pvp hate to see everyone fight in a small population. and i’m not defending any trolling or personal attacks from the past but it’s time some of you guys let go of it. No new rift player wants to see your guys 4-5 years of grudges evwryday in chat.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    TldR


    What pvp players want is pretty obvious. More exciting customiseable pvp gear with useable effects.

    I didn't play it alot but i remember wow having the break free on a pvp trinket- so you actively have to decide to run it vs other utility or effects.

    While rift PvP gear being but a bolster canvas and specs turn into macro-dumps, there is this 5-6 year old item design based on decisions and timing, still dominating the meta.

    Defenitely more exciting to chase those kind of items than fragments.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  8. #23
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    TldR


    What pvp players want is pretty obvious. More exciting customiseable pvp gear with useable effects.

    I didn't play it alot but i remember wow having the break free on a pvp trinket- so you actively have to decide to run it vs other utility or effects.

    While rift PvP gear being but a bolster canvas and specs turn into macro-dumps, there is this 5-6 year old item design based on decisions and timing, still dominating the meta.

    Defenitely more exciting to chase those kind of items than fragments.
    Add new gear to the game that does things similiar to coa items? I'd much rather yall get the damn shield we turn wf's into a brawl instead of a constant ***** foot kite fest

  9. #24
    Ascendant Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    Add new gear to the game that does things similiar to coa items? I'd much rather yall get the damn shield we turn wf's into a brawl instead of a constant ***** foot kite fest

    Maybe not that blunt. But Vapor Rush can aswell be a ranged weapon harpoon thingy you can equip for all sorts of plays and tricks, alternative ranged wep.

    Decide between utility.
    It's literaly what Masteries should have been instead of those weird +3% mini ****s.

    Vapor Rush, BD Reprisal, Sab L. Flashbang, Harbinger Planar Shield, Dom Thunder Blast, NB Dark Malady, Ranger Escape Artist, Champ Furious Stand-Weapon Defense, Warden Glassy Reflection, Runelord's Inscription.

    Those and more are all things worthy of fun and interactive global Masteries while most of the good stuff is rarely seen due to being hidden in ****ty builds. Or a Mastery that has all lvl 16 and one that has all 40 root unlocks fromt he 3 selected souls selected in rogue- no matter how many points spent- an alternative pick to on-use effects like Power Variation.

    For that we have Power Manipulation and Legendary Tactics as global ''spice''. g ****ing g

    And while masteries are stuck in the dirt, there are alot of fun weapon- and trinket effects in the game left for dead.

    It's not that useable items are bad in general, it's the sad reality that it needs outdated items to squeeze out some gameplay while teh existing one does nothing but gatekeeping.

    I would love to hit (a well designed) pvp to get some stun or reflect item for pve tanking out of it.
    Last edited by Shas; 01-25-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

  10. #25
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Take note I put this in the pvp section to get an answer. I did not put it in other forums. I know devs dont even look at the pvp section.

    @Konsta many of us play/have mastered most callings. I didnt just jump on my undergeared warrior and go 15–1 first wf by accident. Mastering each soul takes time. If I cared to completely abuse/master a soul Ive played long enough give me a couple days and thats what youll have. Same goes for other players.

    And no, lol you wouldnt want everyone running around with the broken pve items you would have a particularly hard time in your warlord spec after your 15 seconds of crits is done and your target suddenly has full health again. The whole way the game os played would be silly. We already have 3 trinkets to choose from, one of which heals. They were made with moderate output.

    @everyone: The same people abusing not so great game unintended features are the same ones abusing major problematic issues. Stack them all and you have bad wf experiences for anyone trying to get into it. Which is why our population IS dwindling. You think anyone trying to get into pvp and encounters a warrior who keeps healing himself and they were about to (fairly) kill them wants to continue playing?

    It amazes me you guys dont understand the effect all these issues are having on the game. Rift doesnt have to shut down, the community is helping to shut down healthy pvp that is at least bearable to get into. As is it takes a literal book (Konstantine) for anyone to understand all the issues/gearing/exploits in pvp. Fixing these things simplifies this. As stated, though, I never asked anyone to fix this exploit, nor did I voluntarily start the conversation about that shield-Konstantine did. I simply responded with how he already knows I feel about that stuff so nothing new here.

  11. #26
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I already stated the totem wouldnt explain his numbers.

    I heal usually double to triple your heals in any given wf, on 3 of my toons. Even on my rogue. I seriously dont believe you even know what rift meter is, let alone hps. This includes cleric.

    Warden does not do an insane amount of healing, which is why no one uses it. You dont use it, hence what are you even talking about? Ive literally never seen you use it. This guy stands out because he does use it. In other words, he blows your heals away in your mix puri spec using an aoe spec, even when there are few people around.

    I already know your spec and output, because I pay attention. You really should download rift meter.

    Sorry but your angry posts are just that. I also cant take you seriously because Ive literally seen you do <1 million dps and <1 million heals in some wfs (total-as in registered literal numbers on the wf board), and Im sitting at 7 million heals. I honestly have no clue what your doing some wfs. Feel free to comment again though.

    Edit: Feel free to back up your claim though and show us some full warden massive heals your talking about. I would love to see it. Make sure we see the breakdown of abilities, k?
    you dont know what youre talking about forum hero lol

    what im doing in wfs is laughing at turds like you who think theyre some kind of pvp champ.

    i dont need to back up anything to you **** biscuit, youre irrelevant, imagine trying to prove something to a rift pvper LOL

  12. #27
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepuss View Post
    you dont know what youre talking about forum hero lol

    what im doing in wfs is laughing at turds like you who think theyre some kind of pvp champ.

    i dont need to back up anything to you **** biscuit, youre irrelevant, imagine trying to prove something to a rift pvper LOL
    Sorry Snuggle I dont normally mention how another person plays but you are so toxic and inaccurate I have to. Maybe if you spent more time playing instead of laughing you could play better? If you refuse to learn thats on you.

    Id rather laugh because I contributed a lot to the win. I dont really see the point in laughing when I play bad, hence no one understands you. You really shouldn't speak up to the guy who literally pays attention to most everything in the game. In your case it will only backfire on you. I suggest you seek counsel with Kronos if you want to attempt actual troll builds that are effective. Keep on keeping on Snuggles.

  13. #28
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Take note I put this in the pvp section to get an answer. I did not put it in other forums. I know devs dont even look at the pvp section.

    @Konsta many of us play/have mastered most callings. I didnt just jump on my undergeared warrior and go 15–1 first wf by accident. Mastering each soul takes time. If I cared to completely abuse/master a soul Ive played long enough give me a couple days and thats what youll have. Same goes for other players.

    And no, lol you wouldnt want everyone running around with the broken pve items you would have a particularly hard time in your warlord spec after your 15 seconds of crits is done and your target suddenly has full health again. The whole way the game os played would be silly. We already have 3 trinkets to choose from, one of which heals. They were made with moderate output.

    @everyone: The same people abusing not so great game unintended features are the same ones abusing major problematic issues. Stack them all and you have bad wf experiences for anyone trying to get into it. Which is why our population IS dwindling. You think anyone trying to get into pvp and encounters a warrior who keeps healing himself and they were about to (fairly) kill them wants to continue playing?

    It amazes me you guys dont understand the effect all these issues are having on the game. Rift doesnt have to shut down, the community is helping to shut down healthy pvp that is at least bearable to get into. As is it takes a literal book (Konstantine) for anyone to understand all the issues/gearing/exploits in pvp. Fixing these things simplifies this. As stated, though, I never asked anyone to fix this exploit, nor did I voluntarily start the conversation about that shield-Konstantine did. I simply responded with how he already knows I feel about that stuff so nothing new here.
    I don't think that many care that a melee warrior has an extra heal it can't be used with riftblade, you sound like chicken little. Maybe with exception of chief bean counter who got faced on his new harb, shortly after that hes on here on about the shield. I really wouldn't care if every warrior had the coa shield or dagger hell i'm gonna start helping them get it. Just for you Arel, Mister "Ranged is out of control" to me in tells. Arel you flip flop and go of on tangents.

    this is the second time you brought up going 15-1 against battlepass players. plz i'd much rather you make an exposé about how warrior is god of melee and has no issues in full games. I'm generally curious I wanna learn from you my friend. the coa shield/dagger doesn't make the warrior invisible against all classes in 1v1. that's the standard I use.
    Last edited by AVGVSTVS; 01-26-2021 at 07:14 AM.

  14. #29
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I don't think that many care that a melee warrior has an extra heal it can't be used with riftblade, you sound like chicken little. Maybe with exception of chief bean counter who got faced on his new harb, shortly after that hes on here on about the shield. I really wouldn't care if every warrior had the coa shield or dagger hell i'm gonna start helping them get it. Just for you Arel, Mister "Ranged is out of control" to me in tells. Arel you flip flop and go of on tangents.

    this is the second time you brought up going 15-1 against battlepass players. plz i'd much rather you make an exposé about how warrior is god of melee and has no issues in full games. I'm generally curious I wanna learn from you my friend. the coa shield/dagger doesn't make the warrior invisible against all classes in 1v1. that's the standard I use.
    Ive espoused ranged needs lowered on here and in game. That would be a solution to helping melee in certain wfs. Nothing about me is contradictory. Two healing souls also need lowered as well. Ive also stated exploiting doesnt justify the fact certain ranged souls do too much. My main ranged soul requires 20 meters, just as an fyi. So when you see Arel’s kills my biggest hitter by far required 20 meter range for 6 globals (sloth needs to be in there). I utilize a pull to do so. You have a pull too right? Yep. You just want retaliation instead for what reason? Yea... so you want everything and complain about melee when the tools are available to succeed in most wfs. In those few that dont learn a ranged spec. You are extremely one-dimensionsal, which is why you should never be considered for balancing issues.

    I sound like chicken little? LOL.

    For starters Ive never complained about your shield. You pulled yourself into a discussion with me on how I feel about exploitable pve items, not the other way around.

    Lol someone here keeps getting slack from other players and its not me.

    Not that you actually want to learn from me, but what do you want to know? The fact you dont listen to basics about switching specs wf depending is actually pvp 101. What then can I teach a person who wont listen to lesson 1? How can you possibly learn how to use leap away built into your calling which you dont use when you rely on that shield? That would be lesson 2 using your utility you already own but dont. I can keep going...any warrior other then me can tell you the same. You want more advanced play? Seriously?

    Last, most of what I ask to be fixed I play at a high level. People might mistake this for inexperience, much like you do. Sadly its mostly because I have performed too high for what it is/ease of use that I form my opinions. Ive gone 28-0 on warlock half fragged and barely dpsing because I heal so much. Am i defending it or asking for a 20% nerf to dots? Just saying wheres your non-bias at?
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-26-2021 at 05:03 PM.

  15. #30
    Rift Chaser AVGVSTVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    390

    Default

    would you like to 1v1 me no shield? lul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts